ReversedArcana wrote:Okay, so, a lot of questions here, and most don't really belong in the "New Players Forum". Regardless, I'l go through as many of these as I can.
- As far as the list goes, you should really avoid using heroes below the B rank, unless you're missing a counterpart mentioned in the description. Like, for example, Alexis is in C Rank, but only because she's worse than Sarah, Jane, and Elton. But, if you can't get any of those three, she is a solid substitute. I do recommend extracting any and all souls that you aren't immediately using, even Epic ones (that aren't handed out by Guilds/Arena). In the long run, you get more Epics by drawing 250 Souls than trying to collect 40 of one type of soul through random drops.
- I suggest alway keeping your main team as highly built as possible, in Skills, Promotion, Gear, and Evolution. If you're in an active Guild, you'll get a huge burst of Gold every 3-4 days, so funding your main team shouldn't be too big of an issue.
- You do not need to keep a hero to keep a Fate. That being said, some Fates require you to have multiple evolved forms of a hero, so be sure to check that before selling off a hero.
- Extreme Quest will be here every week. It changes every week, so don't rely on the prizes being the same next week.
- For a Burst Team, I would strongly suggest going for Hel or Hades, even though they're listed as A Rank instead of S Rank. Keep in mind, the Tier List is very much catering towards the endgame, where it is assumed that all opponents have access to all heroes in the game. For that reason, some heroes are high up on the ranks because they counter specific threats well, and many heroes find themselves in lower ranks because of the over saturation of specific threats.
- On the topic of Melee: Mason was nerfed a few months back. He used to have a shield that protected you from all attacks for a period of time, instead of breaking after 3 hits. With maxed out Skills, Gear, and Evolution, a front row Mason could effectively keep the Physical Immunity shield up on the party for the entire match, rendering all Physical Heroes useless. There's also the entire discussion around Stat Buff/Debuff, but long story short, Mages that debuff have an innate advantage over all other heroes in the game, hence why Cobolt, Siren, and Rahl are so good. Physical Heroes are making a comeback now because of threats like Hanzo and Asura, coupled with the fact that so many people use Magic Teams that everyone runs Defensive Tactics that counter only other Magic Teams, leaving them vulnerable to Physical Attackers.
As far as chat goes, if you post on the forum, you will get answers. I really do suggest posting in the Strategy section, though, since it gets a lot more views from Vets than something in the New Players Forum. You seem relatively low levelled, so at this point in the game, you really can't make "mistakes". Just make sure your main team is always on par with your level, and you can deal with new happenings as they come.
I agree with most Reverse have written here. But there I a couple of things I disagree with.
1) Don't sell Epic souls
Especially for good Epics, it's just not smart. If you are lucky enough to get the hero, having souls is good and they are quite expensive to get later on (and takes a lot of time to get). I wouldn't even sell the worst Epic souls. You might need them for fate later and keeping them is what I would always do.
2) I would focus on one hero at the time. Always the best hero not fully upgraded in every way. You will exchange the heroes more and more often as you level up and get good heroes. Putting a lot of of resources into your 6th best hero is usually a waist of resources.
I very much agree that you should post in the Strategy section. And post several posts, one on each subject since some only want to answer one part and also reading long posts stop a few people from reading the whole post.