Something was here.

You can share your strategies and experiences in Game of Summoner.

Moderator: GOS Moderator

ReversedArcana

Re: Tier List

Postby ReversedArcana » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:54 pm

You people who quote my entire walls of text are the bane of my existence.

Seriously.
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you..."

RevenantArcana [ 5Gfj4P ]

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:34 am

ReversedArcana wrote:In the case of Ryu, you're running into a couple of issues. First off, you're taking heat off of the front row. Since you've only got one hero attacking each of the opponent's heroes and both opponent's heroes are attacking one of yours, you're likely to die first. This couples with the fact that it almost guarantees that the front row hero will activate a skill, which stems into larger issues, such as increased longevity if it's a healer or more heat on your front row if it's an attacker. Second off, it makes your own defensive tactic very easy to overcome. Ryu is only really good against maybe 3 common heroes; those being Anubis, Hel, and Rahl. However, by simply positioning their team differently, they fight a completely different battle than you fought against them. Hence, lopsided formations like that are generally not recommended.

Now, compare him to something like Elton or Sarah. Elton can be used in the front row, since he can nullify physical attacks with his Dodge passive, and he generally puts down enough damage to kill the opponent's front row before it triggers its ability. Sarah puts extra heat on the front row with her Second Batter passive, and silences the entire back row, which is much more potent than focusing down one back row foe and dealing small amounts of damage to them.

Stat-wise, I have no clue what Ryu does. I got one, never used it, and I don't recall ever seeing other people use it enough to get a feel for what its strengths and weaknesses are.

Also, to note something you wrote earlier, I ended up using Kitsune as a front row member on my own team. She's a good utility hero, but you're not getting a whole lot of damage out of her. You probably want Virgo in the back, and Scorpion is only worth it if you put a Sigurd in front of him. Looking at your team, you're playing very defensively, so getting a Mason for your front line is also a valid option. Also, you should strive for either Thrack or Meredith, for the MAG buff, and put them in the front, since they both tank well.

First of all let me give you a super thumbs up and I'd rep you if I could. You have a very analytical mind Arcana, and to be expected. I just got enough souls for mason today and I will be focusing stones and Elvinias on him soon. I am trying to get Meredith right now. She's been on my wishlist forever, since I started reading your guide and checking her awakened abilities as well. Definitely a key player since I am unlikely to ever obtain any legend heroes. As for Ryu thank you for your analysis of him, I'm mainly looking at him as a way of killing the back row for people with Anubis as I'm having so much trouble taking them down. However I received your point, and he probably won't get leveled up now. Next I'd like to apologize to those who are about to read this.

About my team, you mention it being very defensive. I feel like I have a very balanced team. I have bog beast, defender, and Virgo in front. Back row I got scorpion, conjurer, and trickster (who I will be replacing soon with another physical threat). 2 meat shields in front and 2 dps'ers in the back. With this team and replacing conjurer with siren I am able to beat on offense 6000higher team score opponents even. I found that Virgo being a front liner is absolutely a beast because she's activating her dual shielding and heal for a massive 11k+, and she has strong defensive stats. I have found huge success attacking with her on front lines, but I understand that people can counter it while I am on defense pretty easily if I get bursted and my conjurer doesn't dispell her. This is my current "physical main" team as these are my absolute strongest heroes so far. My dilemma though is I have quite strong "MAG" heroes who are low level at the moment and this is where the meta is.

For my magic team. The heroes I currently have are Virgo, Scorpion, Estelle, Goliath, Kitsune, Morris, and Siren. What I want for my magic team is Estelle, Meredith, Sigurd in front, Virgo, Siren, Scorpion in back. This is the most likely team I can obtain in the foreseeable future as Sigurd is only a matter of time now that I can stay in the top 20 in arena, and Meredith being readily available in mysterious shop. This does look like a super defensive team again with absorb shield, Virgo being a dedicated healer, and same with Estelle. However the plan is to awaken Siren for her incredible debuff ability. Sirgurd giving Scorpion what he needs to deal major dps. I would think about switching out Scorpion that way I can replace Sigurd as well for a full magic team, but I feel like Scorpion with his easily obtainable fates to maximize his stats, and having a mag boost cap at 1300, accompanied by his ridiculous burst effect damage is very affective all the while keeping the hero from healing or resurrecting.

Now for an overall defensive team, I think my best bet (foreseeable and attainable heroes) I want to have Rahl or Morris to reduce their physical attack, Rahl is preferable due to his dps and active skill, , Siren, Scorpion in back Virgo, Meredith, and Sigurd in front. I think this combination is decent. However yes I understand that someone with Thrack and Estelle on front lines will really screw me over, so I'm still thinking about a good hybrid mix for defense. I would have to say the best mix are physical and magic heroes as you need to find a way to defend vs all kinds of attacks. To get a very good defensive team however I think it won't ever be possible as you need keyplayers who are all legend class :cry:

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:58 am

Your current team is very similar to the team I ran up through getting legendary cards to replace them.

My team used to be - FR: Bog Beast, Aric, Siguard. BR: Spellweaver, Paladin, Scorpion. The focus was on burst and fully maxed, I was able to take on teams well enough to average 90-110 in Empress Arena. I upgraded spellweaver to Rahl, and awakened him first chance I got to play more into Burst. My plan was to build a team to look like FR: Mason, Estelle, Meredith. BR: Rahl, Scorpion, Sarah. I never fully developed that team as I lucked into Cobolt and Thrack, which changed the whole dynamic. But I still run Scorpion + awakened Rahl for burst DPS, as Rahl can set up the Scorpion no matter their positon. I will probably continue to use Scorpion until I can replace him with Anubis, as from a single shot DPS caster, I think Anubis is really the only one that can outclass him.

For the team you are looking to put together, I'd maybe look at getting Rahl over Siguard, and running Virgo as a Front Row. Her defensive shield keeps her alive and well, especially coupled with Estelle. However, running Siguard until you can awaken Rahl, might also be better for the burst combo. For my old setup, I would always counter Thrack with Siguard + Scorpion, as Siguard could get through the shield and would typically have burst set up on thrack by the time the shield dropped for Scorpion to finish him off. Doesn't work so well when Thrack is awakened though lol.

Also, if you are looking for a physical solution, replacing or interchanging Sarah for Scorpion on an as needed basis could be beneficial. If you need the magic power, keep Scorpion in, if you need to do physical damage, or are facing a tough back row, Sarah might be your girl. Remember, even though you can only take 6 into a battle, having alternatives available on your sideboard can really change the overall outcome of a battle.

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:18 am

Talizorah wrote:Your current team is very similar to the team I ran up through getting legendary cards to replace them.

My team used to be - FR: Bog Beast, Aric, Siguard. BR: Spellweaver, Paladin, Scorpion. The focus was on burst and fully maxed, I was able to take on teams well enough to average 90-110 in Empress Arena. I upgraded spellweaver to Rahl, and awakened him first chance I got to play more into Burst. My plan was to build a team to look like FR: Mason, Estelle, Meredith. BR: Rahl, Scorpion, Sarah. I never fully developed that team as I lucked into Cobolt and Thrack, which changed the whole dynamic. But I still run Scorpion + awakened Rahl for burst DPS, as Rahl can set up the Scorpion no matter their positon. I will probably continue to use Scorpion until I can replace him with Anubis, as from a single shot DPS caster, I think Anubis is really the only one that can outclass him.

For the team you are looking to put together, I'd maybe look at getting Rahl over Siguard, and running Virgo as a Front Row. Her defensive shield keeps her alive and well, especially coupled with Estelle. However, running Siguard until you can awaken Rahl, might also be better for the burst combo. For my old setup, I would always counter Thrack with Siguard + Scorpion, as Siguard could get through the shield and would typically have burst set up on thrack by the time the shield dropped for Scorpion to finish him off. Doesn't work so well when Thrack is awakened though lol.

Also, if you are looking for a physical solution, replacing or interchanging Sarah for Scorpion on an as needed basis could be beneficial. If you need the magic power, keep Scorpion in, if you need to do physical damage, or are facing a tough back row, Sarah might be your girl. Remember, even though you can only take 6 into a battle, having alternatives available on your sideboard can really change the overall outcome of a battle.

Thank you for your input. I really agree with you and have the same mindset. Virgo does wonders in the front row for my team.
My goal is Rahl and Sarah from guilds thank heavens they are obtainable through guilds. My new team which is working really well with some interchangable heroes and positions are meredith, aric, bog beast, Virgo, conjurer, Scorpion, and sometimes siren.

Also that's the plan for burst boost. It's going to take a long time to get the crystals to awaken anyone, but the plan is Meredith, Rahl, and the other two elements I have yet to decide after obtaining better heroes to awaken. For the time being I am going to get Sigurd to replace bog beast.

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:39 am

ProvidenceG wrote:
Thank you for your input. I really agree with you and have the same mindset. Virgo does wonders in the front row for my team.
My goal is Rahl and Sarah from guilds thank heavens they are obtainable through guilds. My new team which is working really well with some interchangable heroes and positions are meredith, aric, bog beast, Virgo, conjurer, Scorpion, and sometimes siren.

Also that's the plan for burst boost. It's going to take a long time to get the crystals to awaken anyone, but the plan is Meredith, Rahl, and the other two elements I have yet to decide after obtaining better heroes to awaken. For the time being I am going to get Sigurd to replace bog beast.

Your team starts to look good. Legendary heroes will come later, but a few of the ones you have are better than a lot of the Legendary ones. Siren is, when you don't have Cobolt, one of the best heroes in the game. Her awaken skill is also very good. So I would focus on her a lot. Virgo is, after Cetra, the best healer in the game, and she is more useful than most other heroes. Meredith is also very good. Again you have a Legendary that is better, Thrack, but Meredith is still super good and important. All of these heroes can be used on a top level. Kitsume is pretty rare and can in some cases be very annoying to play agains, so I would also level her.

I would focus less on physical heroes now that you have Meredith. But that must be your choice. The one that I would put focus on would be the Prawler since she can be very helpful even at level 150 against the Ninja.

Rahl is a very good hero, and one of the most used one at all levels. Get him and level him!

Sigurd works pretty well at lower levels, especially together with the Scorpion. But long term they become less and less useful, so I would not put too much resources into them. I have them both maxed out on my second account, and I haven't been close to use them for a very long time.

Bog Beast has never been a favorite of mine, and he is non existing on higher levels.

Sarah is good, but even she is missing from the top 20/30 top players top teams.

I would focus on these heroes in this order: Virgo / Meredith / Estelle or Siren / (Rahl) / Mason / Kitsume / Prawler / Scorpion / Conjurer / (Sarah) / (Sigurd) / (Cassie) /////// Bog beast

Some might not agree with me since I like to have the priests up and running first and that I'm very patient. Since you lack really good offensive heroes, focusing on your strengths are more important now I think. And I also don't like Warriors in general.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

http://www.1stspade.com

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:53 am

I completely agree with you 1st spade. I found my success with getting my defense up first. A good defense is a good offense they say :D As soon as I got Virgo I beefed her up basically everything from equipment, elvinias, to her skills. She sometimes even takes on attacks from 4 members being the anchor in the back middle. Same with Conjurer, I made sure he was strong enough to put him on the front sometimes to stop people from bursting me.

I will start getting my kitsune up now, I agree that now that I am able to obtain professional class, her miss ability has become very good, and with meredith Estelle and Virgo support I can stick her on the front lines. As for the leveling/stats focus 1stSpade, I really like your order. I only made my Scorpion so strong because I always timeout with my highly defensive team. I needed a really strong dps'er who could take heroes down basically by himself (no burst support except his own). My question is how do I come up with a very strong magic team? I currently struggle to take down physical threats (unusable mason currently) but I do super well vs magic teams.

My current candidates for a magic team are Meredith, Virgo, Estelle, Kitsune, Conjurer (strictly dispelling burst because basically that's the only thing I lose to vs physical threats unless Anubis takes my energy and Hanzo), Morris, Scorpion, and Siren. By what you have said shall I stop dumping into Morris and Scorpion and wait for Rahl and awakening of Siren or Meredith? How do I stop the bursters without a dispel debuff character? Also how do I choose who gets the water awakening, Siren or Meredith? Siren just seems so dangerous but Meredith will work as my (Jessie,Conjurer,Cetra). Also forgot to mention I pulled an Elton last week. I should choose him over Prowler right? Really appreciate the advice, and all you've given me already!

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 am

ProvidenceG wrote: Cut a bit :)

My current candidates for a magic team are Meredith, Virgo, Estelle, Kitsune, Conjurer (strictly dispelling burst because basically that's the only thing I lose to vs physical threats unless Anubis takes my energy and Hanzo), Morris, Scorpion, and Siren. By what you have said shall I stop dumping into Morris and Scorpion and wait for Rahl and awakening of Siren or Meredith? How do I stop the bursters without a dispel debuff character? Also how do I choose who gets the water awakening, Siren or Meredith? Siren just seems so dangerous but Meredith will work as my (Jessie,Conjurer,Cetra). Also forgot to mention I pulled an Elton last week. I should choose him over Prowler right? Really appreciate the advice, and all you've given me already!

To take the last first: Elton is very good as well. Having both Elton and Prowler is good for a couple of reasons. BOSS is one thing that isn't so important, but against Hanzo they are. Many has him and another tough physical hitter (Like Natalie) in the same row and a defense with Mason and Rahl simply isn't good enough. So then having Elton and Prowler in the same row is very good. Your Conjurer even becomes more useful then.

I would totally skip Morris. Even though he is very good, Rahl is quite a bit better. And you will get him "for free" eventually. Scorpion, is as you say, your only power attacker. I would suggest that you just pull an Anubis next time you have a free pull, and all will be good ;) Anubis would, for your team, be extremely helpful, though. So if you a lucky enough to get him, that would be the dream hero for your attacking power, as Cetra would be the other dream card for healing and dispelling. Cetra most so you could get rid of the Conjurer when you don't use any physical hitters. She can to a big degree replace both Conjurer and Estelle.

In my opinion patience is one of the most important thing in this game (I know it's hard). Having focus on leveling the heroes that will be most useful long term is what I have always done. For instance I stopped leveling pretty much all warriors at around level 80 since I realized they don't do much for you long term. This was about two years ago, so things have happened after, but I guess you understand my point.

A good advice for being able to be more patient can be to create one (or two) extra accounts. Level them more slowly and try to do most things right. Don't level bad heroes and put save up on resources to use on good heroes only. You can get fast up to level 30, but after that, let the account level as slow as possible. But don't do as I did and make too many. Then you will get tired of it. I just ended play on 5 extra accounts just because it was too much for me. I wish I could have given you one of them since they are very good ones with multiple Legendaries and a lot of gold (up to 12 mill on a level 80 account with 2 6* Anubis for instance)
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:03 am

1stSpade wrote:

To take the last first: Elton is very good as well. Having both Elton and Prowler is good for a couple of reasons. BOSS is one thing that isn't so important, but against Hanzo they are. Many has him and another tough physical hitter (Like Natalie) in the same row and a defense with Mason and Rahl simply isn't good enough. So then having Elton and Prowler in the same row is very good. Your Conjurer even becomes more useful then.

I would totally skip Morris. Even though he is very good, Rahl is quite a bit better. And you will get him "for free" eventually. Scorpion, is as you say, your only power attacker. I would suggest that you just pull an Anubis next time you have a free pull, and all will be good ;) Anubis would, for your team, be extremely helpful, though. So if you a lucky enough to get him, that would be the dream hero for your attacking power, as Cetra would be the other dream card for healing and dispelling. Cetra most so you could get rid of the Conjurer when you don't use any physical hitters. She can to a big degree replace both Conjurer and Estelle.

In my opinion patience is one of the most important thing in this game (I know it's hard). Having focus on leveling the heroes that will be most useful long term is what I have always done. For instance I stopped leveling pretty much all warriors at around level 80 since I realized they don't do much for you long term. This was about two years ago, so things have happened after, but I guess you understand my point.

A good advice for being able to be more patient can be to create one (or two) extra accounts. Level them more slowly and try to do most things right. Don't level bad heroes and put save up on resources to use on good heroes only. You can get fast up to level 30, but after that, let the account level as slow as possible. But don't do as I did and make too many. Then you will get tired of it. I just ended play on 5 extra accounts just because it was too much for me. I wish I could have given you one of them since they are very good ones with multiple Legendaries and a lot of gold (up to 12 mill on a level 80 account with 2 6* Anubis for instance)

Omg I am so jealous :lol: I am not sure I will create another account to be honest. It takes up quite a bit of time to play on my one account already and I don't plan on getting vip2 for any more either. I may do it to have a chance at collecting up gems. Thanks again for your expertise. I believe any of the heroes you mentioned worth keeping don't require (fates) any of the R heroes offered in arena. I will probably just start trading the silver badge souls to dump into soul pulls then if Morris is completely not worth.

Elton and Prowler will be put on hold at the moment, but makes very good sense to counter hanzo, Natalia, etc. columns. I agree Meredith and my priests with rahl's help won't be enough, so they will come after my Meredith gets beefy, and Siren. As for miracle pulls Anubis is a key figure, but more importantly Cetra is the miracle pull. I can replace Estelle and Conjurer and also awaken Siren instead of Meredith, which would be most optimal.

I can imagine a team with Virgo, Cetra, Meredith infront and back row (A) Rahl, Anubis, and (A) Siren. Would be so deadly. :'( but I see awakened thracks destroying my team :( unless I put Anubis on Thrack. This game is so much more enjoyable at the higher levels.

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:06 am

ProvidenceG wrote:
1stSpade wrote:

Omg I am so jealous :lol: I am not sure I will create another account to be honest. It takes up quite a bit of time to play on my one account already and I don't plan on getting vip2 for any more either. I may do it to have a chance at collecting up gems. Thanks again for your expertise. I believe any of the heroes you mentioned worth keeping don't require (fates) any of the R heroes offered in arena. I will probably just start trading the silver badge souls to dump into soul pulls then if Morris is completely not worth.

Elton and Prowler will be put on hold at the moment, but makes very good sense to counter hanzo, Natalia, etc. columns. I agree Meredith and my priests with rahl's help won't be enough, so they will come after my Meredith gets beefy, and Siren. As for miracle pulls Anubis is a key figure, but more importantly Cetra is the miracle pull. I can replace Estelle and Conjurer and also awaken Siren instead of Meredith, which would be most optimal.

I can imagine a team with Virgo, Cetra, Meredith infront and back row (A) Rahl, Anubis, and (A) Siren. Would be so deadly. :'( but I see awakened thracks destroying my team :( unless I put Anubis on Thrack. This game is so much more enjoyable at the higher levels.

I wouldn't sell any heroes if I were you yet. There can be use for them at some point later, for fate or other things. You can sell them if you have them at lvl 1 and 6*, but that is something you will get much later in the game, usually for fate.

The "dream team" you mention is a very good one. I had a very similar one for a while. Virgo and Meredith I "only" has at maxed out 6*s, so I don't use them very often (Meredith not at all since I got Thrack). Cetra and one Anubis is always in my team. Sometimes two Anubis and very often Rahl. Siren was a bit disappointing after awakening, but can be very fatal if her random skill hits good. If I had unlimited stones, I would make her Awaken5 and them I think she would kick ass like few others...
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:37 am

1stSpade wrote:
I wouldn't sell any heroes if I were you yet. There can be use for them at some point later, for fate or other things. You can sell them if you have them at lvl 1 and 6*, but that is something you will get much later in the game, usually for fate.

The "dream team" you mention is a very good one. I had a very similar one for a while. Virgo and Meredith I "only" has at maxed out 6*s, so I don't use them very often (Meredith not at all since I got Thrack). Cetra and one Anubis is always in my team. Sometimes two Anubis and very often Rahl. Siren was a bit disappointing after awakening, but can be very fatal if her random skill hits good. If I had unlimited stones, I would make her Awaken5 and them I think she would kick ass like few others...

Yes of course, I won't be selling any rates that can be used for fates. Could you please elaborate by what you mean by awakened Siren being disappointing? I mean stunning, silencing or bursting the whole enemy team for 8s seems pretty amazing, and you also get to decrease their magic def still for 20s. Also "Awaken5" is this a typo?

Return to “Strategies Sharing”