Special Dungeon vs Standard Dungeon Mining for EXP

You can share your strategies and experiences in Game of Summoner.

Moderator: GOS Moderator

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Special Dungeon vs Standard Dungeon Mining for EXP

Postby Talizorah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:06 pm

Here is a breakdown of mining EXP with the assumption you have cleared all of the Standard Dungeons, as well as are lvl 150 and can battle/plunder in the lvl6 EXP Special Dungeon. Also, I assume you will use a maximum of 460 Stamina in a 24hr period, which is the maximum amount of Stamina available on a daily basis without spending gems (240 Stamina from hourly gain, 100 Stamina as a Daily Bonus, and 120 Stamina purchased from the Guild Store).

The first set presents a breakdown based on VIP level. Each plunder of a Special Dungeon gives 3,600 EXP. The Gold Special Dungeon grants 11 Gold cards worth 4,000 gold a piece, for a total of 44,000 gold per plunder. The EXP Special Dungeon grants 7 EXP cards worth 67,200 EXP which costs 40,320 gold to use on a Hero card. Dungeon 64-3 appears to be the Standard dungeon that gives the most EXP per plunder at 6,857 EXP and 1,207 Gold.

The first set is the method of maximizing Special Dungeon plunders first, and supplementing with the Standard Dungeon. On Day 1, you plunder the Gold Special Dungeon, and on Day 2, you plunder the EXP Special Dungeon. Any left over Stamina is used in the Standard Dungeon on both days.

Gold Dungeon.png
Gold Dungeon.png (14.78 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

EXP Dungeon.png
EXP Dungeon.png (15.87 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

Standard Dungeon.png
Standard Dungeon.png (15.99 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

This second set shows a comparison for the first method shown above, and the second method, which is just plundering the Standard Dungeon instead of the EXP Special Dungeon. On Day 1, like the first method, you plunder the Gold Special Dungeon and spend any remaining Stamina in the Standard Dungeon. On Day 2, you spend all of your Stamina in the Standard Dungeon.

Total Standard.png
Total Standard.png (14.36 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

Total Special.png
Total Special.png (14.43 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

It is actually possible to stay in the positive for gold gain while using the first method. However, I would say it is not likely sustainable, as you would not have enough gold to cover spending skill points or merging heros to a new star level. EXP gain for the first method is around 2.5 times more than the second method when you reach the higher VIP levels and can be very advantageous for fast hero leveling. If you are strictly a free playing gamer, you probably won't notice too much of a difference for EXP gain between the two methods, and actually would grow faster than high VIP players who use the second method. High VIP vs free playing will grow on average of 60% faster if the free playing gamer uses only the second method, while the high VIP player will only level up about 30% faster if the free playing gamer uses the first method.

In conclusion, it seems more beneficial, free playing or otherwise, to at least plunder the EXP Special Dungeon 4 to 8 times when available.

Please let me know your thoughts and experiences with mining for EXP and what you have found works for you!

Thanks,
-Tali

ECOMANIAC

Re: Special Dungeon vs Standard Dungeon Mining for EXP

Postby ECOMANIAC » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:12 am

Hi, your math looks good. Thanks for the numbers.

I think everything depends on your gold requirements.

If you do not care about gold the fastest way is (number is priority):
1. Do as much exp special dungeons as possible
2. Do as much 64-3 as possible

If you want to stay on your current gold level:
1. Do as much gold special dungeons as possible
2. Do as much exp special dungeons as possible
3. Do as much 64-3 as possible

If you want to gain as much gold as possible:
1. Do as much gold special dungeons as possible
2. Do as much 64-3 as possible

But in general i do not recommend any of this to be honest since you will often also need books, low level equipment and Elvenia in between. Needless to say that your heroes skills will be far away from 150 if you only focus on EXP.

I usually always do gold special dungeon (you can never have enough gold!!!) and if not available i do books, equipment and Elvenia. From the EXP of this the hero gets to level 150 still around the same time when the skills reach that level.

Still the slowest thing in this game is to maximize the skills in my experience, since i have more than one lvl150 heroes without maxed skills ;)

ProvidenceG

Re: Special Dungeon vs Standard Dungeon Mining for EXP

Postby ProvidenceG » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:14 am

These numbers make me want vip6 more and more. Gold is such a necessity. Falling so far behind for evolving and skill points without gold.
I'm having to level up uncommon heroes through dungeon and selling keep myself somewhat afloat.

Return to “Strategies Sharing”