Guardian Of Earth Goliath

You can share your strategies and experiences in Game of Summoner.

Moderator: GOS Moderator

ProvidenceG

Guardian Of Earth Goliath

Postby ProvidenceG » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:38 am

What do people think of this hero? I'm running an all magic team, and am thinking about implementing him. I don't see many top ranked players in gold empress or arena run him on the team though. Thanks in advance

ReversedArcana

Re: Guardian Of Earth Goliath

Postby ReversedArcana » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:30 am

Goliath is a piece of data in a video game.
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you..."

RevenantArcana [ 5Gfj4P ]

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Reverse is as usual very right with his analysis. Goliath is decent, but will not be used much on higher levels. He used to be a bit difficult to fight, but he is not a bit threat. You also have Virgo that you will awaken first of the yellow heroes you have now at least.

Put you attacking effort into Rahl instead. He will be usable for much longer.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

http://www.1stspade.com

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:57 am

Thanks, the analysis are spot on, and I thought these heroes you guys mentioned would be better candidates but again difficult to obtain. I am quite close to quitting actually because I see a bunch of my fellow summoners all obtaining legends, it makes a world of difference and now I can't even combat some of them anymore. I am a bit curious why you both are saying it is better to awaken Virgo? Is it purely for her to get boosted stats? I feel like every hero with the awakened "shield" ability that also heals continuously for /s is quite a useless awakened skill as when you get burst'ed it's worthless.

ReversedArcana

Postby ReversedArcana » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:41 am

I can't leave these blank, but hey, who would want to?
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you..."

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:26 am

ReversedArcana wrote:If Virgo is your best Yellow hero, then yes, by all means Awakening her can help. However, at this point, I strongly recommend holding off if you can. Personally, I think Anubis and Bolton are the best choices for a yellow Awakening; Anubis for the stats, and Bolton for Tough Body EX. Other than those two, Virgo is definitely the best option. Giving her the bonus stats makes her tough to take down, and the continuous heal will work more often than not. Other than those three, there really aren't any other great candidates for the yellow Awakening; Marian and Rayton both have interesting gimmicks, but since both are defensive heroes, and better defensive heroes exist, using them in the first place isn't ideal.

Spade may argue that using Bolton isn't a good idea, since Warriors are terrible in the meta, but I've found that Awakened Bolton reaches near immortality against defensive and bulky offensive teams. He's only really countered by Anubis and a couple strong status users, so on the offensive, the game becomes removing that thing that kills Bolton on the enemy team and then just winning.

When I said Virgo was the best option it was compared only to Goliath. I think Virgo might be the best long term, but that remains to see. Anubis is, of course, super good, even without awakening. You are right about Bolton and my opinion. I love to see him as an opponent, even awakened. He is not threat at all, and even being pretty tough, he isn't THAT tough. Marian is on my "to do" list of awakening heroes. She has been giving me a lot more trouble as an opponent than Bolton will ever do. I even think Rayton will be a better choice to awaken than Bolton. Rayton is a total brick wall for 8 seconds, and awakened he even counters during this time. Last, but not least, Shakyamuni can be very good awakened. But that Buddha isn't easy to get a hold of :)
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

ReversedArcana

Postby ReversedArcana » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:44 pm

This is surprisingly therapeutic. Maybe we can call Guenther to take some shots?
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:24 pm

ProvidenceG wrote:I am quite close to quitting actually because I see a bunch of my fellow summoners all obtaining legends, it makes a world of difference and now I can't even combat some of them anymore.

Legendaries will come with time. It took me almost 2 years of playing before I got my first Legendary hero. Only in the last three months have I actually had enough luck to get the Hero cards needed to elevate my game from top 120 in Empress to top 50.

I personally like Goliath, and he is a great card to use, only outclassed in terms of ability by Cobolt. His advantage is his silence lasts 8 seconds, 2 seconds longer than Cobolt. Advantage of this is that since many players run healers in the front, Goliath locks them down for a very long time.

While you might not have the Legendary cards you'd like just yet, a combination of Goliath + Sarah will give you an advantage over most players fielding primarily Epic-class heroes. They can lock down abilities in both front and back row for 8 sec, which offsets them having lower stats that some of the other options mentioned here.
________

As for the Buddha, from the looks of him, he's just a Legendary form of Jesse, except he only heals one status debuff instead of all. His awakened form seems underwhelming too since its limited to just the first attack. Max stats for him are just slightly better for defenses only than Cetra.

-Tali

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:52 am

Cheers Tali! Just trying to grasp which heroes I should be giving any resources into (fates, etc.)

It's nice to see some discussion between OG players. Thanks for everyone's input. I'll be using my first awakens on Rahl and Anubis. As for water I'm hoping for Cetra to be in the event box soon, because I'm currently having to put Meredith and Estelle on my team and Cetra would reduce the slots a bit. For fire, I only see Thrack and possibly Morgana being a viable hero to waste awakenings on. There are very few strong awakened fire heroes. Cetra, Thrack, Cobolt, and Morgana in this order are my wishlist.

Btw totally off topic but Hanzo's normal attack hits the back row which is weird because it doesn't say it on his skills anymore. Anyways for Hanzo are people having success using him to break dual Anubis teams?

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:44 am

ProvidenceG wrote:Cheers Tali! Just trying to grasp which heroes I should be giving any resources into (fates, etc.)

It's nice to see some discussion between OG players. Thanks for everyone's input. I'll be using my first awakens on Rahl and Anubis. As for water I'm hoping for Cetra to be in the event box soon, because I'm currently having to put Meredith and Estelle on my team and Cetra would reduce the slots a bit. For fire, I only see Thrack and possibly Morgana being a viable hero to waste awakenings on. There are very few strong awakened fire heroes. Cetra, Thrack, Cobolt, and Morgana in this order are my wishlist.

Btw totally off topic but Hanzo's normal attack hits the back row which is weird because it doesn't say it on his skills anymore. Anyways for Hanzo are people having success using him to break dual Anubis teams?

Hanzo is very good. He kills Anubis faster than anyone and he dodges hits pretty well. He can be the best attacking hero of them all.

Cetra is the hero you want most of all now. She is also very good for awakening. But Cobolt is maybe even better since he takes away the protection from Thrack when he is awakened. So my order for water awakening would be Cobolt/Cetra/Steel

For fire Thrack is the best, at least for a casting team. Smauke is also very good if you ever will get that one. Morgana isn't as good as Anubis and isn't really worth it (Which is a shame when you know how much it takes to get her).

Having Rahl and Anubis as your two first to awaken is very good. They both perform very good. I would consider Hanzo before Rahl if I got both, but Rahl is very, very good.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

Return to “Strategies Sharing”