Awakening Guide

You can share your strategies and experiences in Game of Summoner.

Moderator: GOS Moderator

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Awakening Guide

Postby 1stSpade » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:04 am

EDIT: Originally this was written in February 2017. In July 2017 I decided to change it since I had not been giving Warriors enough credit and because of Peak Arena that wasn't there when the first version was written.

Instead of writing a number for the sequence the heroes should be awakened, I have given them a grade where 10 is the best grade.

New: PA is short for Peak Arena and F is short for Full team battles (most battles that are not single hero battles)

A general thing to think of is that heroes that attack multiple villains is not very good in Peak Arena. There are exceptions, but the general rule is that multiple hitters are bad in Peak Arena

Rating for Peak Arena is difficult. Sometimes a hero with lower ranking can beat one with higher ranking, but when the lower ranked heroes only beat a few heroes, it will still not get good ranking.
---

Awakening is possibly the most important thing you do in the game. And the most expensive. So doing things right is of very high importance. I will here try to share my thoughts about it.

I will for each element (color) list the heroes that I think should be awakened first, second, third etc.

First of all: DON'T awaken bad heroes! The cost (165 crystals) is very, very high. If you undo your awakening you only get 99 crystals back, so you can't do mistakes here! Just don't! With bad heroes I mean ALL Rare heroes (All are not bad, but for awakening you have better options). If you have enough crystals to awaken a hero and you don't have a good one to awaken, you should SAVE your crystals. A good hero will show up sooner or later.

I will here give a list in prioritized order for each element (I will update with new heroes when they come or when I get them).

Water/Blue

Svafa F: 6/PA: 9 (NEW)
Awakening: Normal attacks slow down the attacked enemy.
Svafa was released as the Peak Arena boos. Well, that isn't the whole truth. The performance is good, but I have lost with Svafa (6 star maxed and awakened) to non-awakened Alexia! But against most other opponents than the evaders, Svafa is excellent.
In full team battles the performance isn't very good and Bolton is a much better choice.

Cobolt F: 9/PA: 5.
Awakening: Dispels positive effects (on all villains)
Cobolt simply is one of the best heroes in this game for full team battles. His awakening skill is also excellent as it takes away all boosts and protections from the opponent. In Peak Arena he is too weak to perform well.

Cetra. F: 10/PA: 9
Awakening: Enables debuff immunity shield for 3 seconds
Cetra is probably the most important hero to have in this game. Her awakened skill isn't that good, but Cetra is so important that she needs the boost more than the skill to face strong opponents. Her performance in Peak Arena is also outstanding.

Steel. F: 9/P: 8
Awakening: Attacks the weakest opponent with Special skill (3 separate hits)
Steel is the only hero that attacks the weakest hero and this is very helpful. In Peak Arena Steel is good. But I have seen him loose as awakened to non awakened Steel! (both 5 stars)

Siren F: 9/PA: 4
Awakening: Will cause random negative effect for 8 seconds (random for each hero)
Siren's awakening skill is super good if the right negative effect comes to the right heroes. Stun is the best, but also Silence can be super good. Pretty bad in Peak Arena, but she could might get lucky sometimes?

Meredith F: 8/PA: 3
Awakening: Dispels negative effects to heroes that gets absorbing shield from her
This is pretty good, but a mix of Cetra and Thrack is just a lot better in general. In PA she doesn't perform well.

Estelle. F: 8/PA: 6
Awakening: Restores 25 % health to all remaining ally heroes upon death
Not a very good awakening. Cetra again is so much better and I would wait until I had a lot of extra crystals to awaken her (and only if I didn't have Cetra).

Malan F: 6/PA: 4
Awakening: Reduces energy of front row villains
Malan is almost very good, but just almost. Her awakening skill is pretty good, but again: There are better options

Hisspis F: 3/PA: 4
Awakening: Burst the heros in addition to stunning them.
Hisspis doesn't perform well anywhere. Emergency hero at best.

Bogol F: 3/PA: 6
Awakening: Explodes on death poisoning opponents.
Not a very good hero overall. Doesn't do any real harm in PA either.

Baal F: 5/PA: 8
Awakening: When he resurrects he also has some energy
Baal is a quite good warrior. He performs better than most in PA as well. Outperforms the two old blue Legendary warriors easily!

Fire/Red

Thrack: F: 8/PA: 6
Awakening: Protects all heroes from 3 magical attacks and also give them a protective shield
Thrack awakened is super good and a lot better than the clean one. For a pure magical team he is the best support.
Performs pretty well in Peak Arena, but only against mages and other priests.

Smauke F: 10/PA: 2
Awakening: Gains 50 points of energy at the start of combat.
Smauke is almost too good of a hero. His awakening skill is also very helpful and for a mixed team or for a physical team you should awaken him first.
In Peak Arena Smauke is horrible! Even awakened he is not good against any opponent.

Lilith F: 8/PA: 8 (close to 9 in both)
Awakening: Increase double strike rate with 30 % for a period of time.
Lilith is a strong single hitter, but not as good as expected being as new as she is. As 6 star she bursts, and that of course makes her better and stronger. She can single shot kill a lot of heroes with her special attack she is quite similar to Natalia.
In Peak Arena she performs well against most opponents.

Asura F: 8/PA: 7
Awakening: Has chance of hitting double strike
Asura used to be the most hard hitting Warrior before Smauke. He is still very harmful and for a physical team he can be an option
Performs under expected in Peak Arena. He is still good, but ends up loosing too often

Achtil F: 7/PA: 7
Awakening: Heals 2 % for 10 seconds
Achtil is one of the best tanks in the game. So if you are in need of a tank more than an attacker, he might be an option. The Awakening skill isn't very good, though.
In Peak Arena he performs okay, but not more.

Kitsune F: 8/PA: 5(?)
Awakening: Restores energy (added to health) from killed heroes (both your and opponents)
Kitsume has a very unusual skill set. I have to admit I don't have a lot of experience with her, but she looks very interesting awakened. Please fill in more info if you have her!
I have not tried her in Peak Arena myself and only had a couple of battles against her, so my knowledge here is quite limited

Sarah F: 7/PA: 8
Awakening: Increase physical attack with 30 %
Sarah is one of the best Epic rangers and her skill set is pretty good. But there are quite a few better options and I would only awaken her if I had a lot of crystals
Her performance in Peak Arena is better than expected being a multiple hitter, but only when she is Awakened

Morgana F: 5/PA: 7
Awakening: Attack ignores any defense
Morgana used to be the strongest single target magical hitter. Until Anubis showed up and was better in everything. Sad since she is the top VIP prize and now is worth very little.
She performs okay in Peak Arena when awakened.

Leonardo F: 7/PA: 8
Awakening: Has a chance of double strike regular attacks
Leonardo is one of the few heroes that can counter Hanzo pretty well. Plays good vs. physical hitters, but not as good vs. casters.
In PA he can be very good and his counter attacks are killing a lot of Legendary heroes.

(Ameera is just bad in every way and should never be awakened)

Earth/Yellow

Athena F: 9/PA: 4 (Maybe 10 in F)
Awakening: 30 extra in energy at start of battle
Athena is a very interesting hero to have on your team. The boost in energy is super nice and can help you to victory against stronger teams.
In Peak Arena she is not very useful

Anubis F: 8/PA: 4
Awakening: If hero is killed by Special skill you will gain 30 extra energy
Anubis used to be fantastic. After the reduction in power from the developers it is not as good, but still excellent. The awakening skill is pretty good and the boost in stats are also very helpful. Anubis can even help for physical teams since he removes energy totally.
In Peak Arena Anubis performs a lot worse than expected because of very low health/DEF/RES. But he can beat Hanzo 5 star Awakened!

Virgo F: 8/PA: 0
Awakening: Heals a hero with 1,5 % per second for a period of time
Her awakened skill isn't very good, but Virgo is a very good healer.
In PA Virgo is the worst hero in the whole game since her damage is 0.

Marian F: 7/PA: 5
Awakening: Restores energy to revived heroes
Marian is the only hero in the game that can revive dead heroes. After awaking she also give the heroes energy. She is very slow in general. If not I would really like her.
In Peak Arena she performs better than expected, but still not very good

Shakyamuni F: 10/PA: 4
Awakening: If your team has all 4 types (Warrior, Ranger, Mage and Priest) the opponent's first attack will lose efficacy.
(One of) the most unique awakening skill! I have been trying this one a bit, but I only have the Buddha as a 5 star, so it's a lot of uncertainty here. I will update more later. But very different and hopefully useful.
New: The Buddha is a game winner when awakened! Since top teams now are mixed teams, having him on the team makes it a lot stronger and very often gives you a win.
Not really useful in PA at all

Jessie F: 8/PA: 5 (only for physical teams)
Awakening: Convert normal attacks into HP
Jessie has a very good boost for physical teams and you should really consider awakening her if your team is (mainly) physical.
In Peak arena she performs better than expected, but still not very good

Goliath F: 6/PA: 5
Awakening: Dispels all positive effects on targeted villains
Goliath is quite good. But Cobolt is better on everything. If you have no better alternative and at least 330 crystals you might consider giving him an awakening. Otherwise I would wait.
Average in PA

Rayton F: 6/PA: 6 (unsure ratings)
Awakening: Counters magical (as well as physical) attacks for a period of time
Rayton is also a hero that I have very little experience with and against. He seems to be pretty good awakened, and I would probably prefer him to Bolton. Please share your experience as well.
He performs under expected in PA.

Bolton F: 8/PA: 10 (close to 9 in PA)
Awakening: Restores 30 % health instantly added to Special skill
He is very much a tank. So if you need one, Bolton might be the best option. Good defense vs. Hanzo.
In PA he performs very good. The best Warrior there

(I used to dislike Bolton before, but after testing him more when awakened, I have realized that he can be very useful)

Grace F: 5/PA: 8
Awakening: Heals the hero (2 % for 10 seconds)
Grace is a good tank.
In Peak Arena she performs well and even before awakening she performs pretty good.

Wind/Green
Here a lot depends on what type of setup you have. There are several good options, especially for Rangers.

Chloris F: 9/PA: 8 (close to 9 in PA - still investigating). NEW!
Awakening: Stuns all enemies for 5 second (in addition to poisoning them)
Chloris got a small upgrade in HP/DEF/RES and that has made her as good as a new hero should be. She is very good for the attacking team, but easily countered in defense. She still dies pretty easily, so finding a safe spot for her is very important.
In Peak Arena she performs a lot better than expected and I'm very much looking forward to see how she will perform against different opponents.

Rahl F: 8/PA: 6
Awakening: Burst villains for 5 seconds
Rahl has it all and he is probably the best Epic hero in the game. His awakened skill is also good and Rahl is super good for a magic team especially against a physical one
In PA he performs okay

Demon Ninja (Hanzo) F: 10/PA: 10
Awakening: Special attack ignores any defense
Hanzo is super good! His awakened skill is okay, but the boost of stats alone would make the awakening worth it.
In Peak Arena he is fantastic as well.

Natalia F: 9/PA: 8 (very close between 8 and 9 in both)
Awakening: Increase double strike rate for a period of time
Natalia is old and good. Her awakening isn't anything special, but the boost of stats are very important. She hits hard!
Performs good in Peak Arena vs. most heroes.

Haran F: 8/PA: 8 (close to 9 in PA)
Awakening: If hero is killed by Special skill you will gain 30 extra energy
The awakening is good, but also here the boost of stats is more important.
In Peak Arena he performs very well against physical heroes, but not so good against others

Hades F: 5/PA: 5
Awakening: If hero is killed by special attack, the chance of double strike will increase with 30 % for 15 seconds
Hades might be the second best option after Hanzo if you have him since they both attack the back row.
Mediocre in Peak Arena as well

Hel F: 4/PA: 3
Awakening: If hero is killed by special attack, the chance of double strike will increase with 30 % for 15 seconds
Hel has a very high attack rate, but she isn't performing as good as Rahl. I would only awaken Hel for a magic team that already had Chloris awakened 5 times and Rahl awakened (and only if I didn't have Hanzo).
Not good at all in Peak Arena

I might have forgotten something here. I would really like to get some feedback!. This is based on my experience as a player, mainly with a magical/mixed setup. The ones I haven't written about here, I don't have awakened, so I don't know very much about them.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

http://www.1stspade.com

ProvidenceG

Re: Awakening Guide

Postby ProvidenceG » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:11 am

Great analysis and guide (for magical based teams) Really great job as an ambassador and moderator for this game.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:53 pm

Blue:

Cobolt and Cetra are my top two. Still haven't gotten Cetra, but I certainly run into her enough to know you can't have a top team without her.

Steel is a hard one. Faced him many times both awakened and not. Honestly, I think his 6* ability is better than his awakened ability. Unlike the plug and play ability of Cobolt and Cetra on basically any team, Steel needs the right support. His awakened ability (to target the hero with the lowest HP), often gets in the way of his effectiveness. If you are counting on Steel being your main source of DPS and your team is set up to play to steels strength, he works great. But if he isn't lined up right or the team is too balanced, his awakened ability often shoots around the board, and seems to take away from his lane effectiveness. He is also much more fragile than cobolt and Cetra and probably shouldn't be used in the front row like they can be.

Red:

Thrack by far is number 1 on my list. Even if not on an all magic team, his full protection from magic for 3 hits plus the absorbing shield can stop different opposing teams for a few seconds, long enough for a round of heals and getting back in the fight. Btw, his absorbing shield and magic shield prevent Anubis from draining the energy of anyone protected by it, so huge bonus there.

I debated for a long time if my number 2 red awakened should be Asura or Smauk. I'm still torn, even though I chose Asura (in light of the proposed 1v1 peak arena, Asura has more value in that style of play than Smauk). Both have their merits, and both I think are plug and play on both magic and physical teams. Having a 5 of 6 heroes in my starting lineup as magic based, Smauk's phys decrease is not going to help in any way. The plus side to him awakened is the +50 energy and 5s stun on enemy front row every couple of hits. If you have Natalia or Hanzo, please choose Smauk over Asura.

Asura is decent on a magic team. He gives better front row durability and if you are running him in the back row you are using him wrong. At least at this point in the game I've found Asura to be a good counter to Natalia, Steel and especially Anubis. Awakened, Asura gets 25% chance to double strike on normal attacks, plus gains 20 extra energy when hit by an attack. While Anubis might drain Asura's energy, the act of getting hit results in 20 energy. Getting hit by the other enemy in the column plus getting a double strike often results in triggering his main ability.

I've been trying to use both Smauk and Asura in the same line-up and Smauk, even tho unawakened, still is effective and really bolsters Asura's DPS.

After these three, the next red hero I have my eye on is Kitsune. Rarely do you come across a team using her, but from those encounters, fighting her awakened vs not is really no comparison. The extra energy is invaluable as it means she typically will keep up continuous blind effect (max, 65% miss rate for 9s). And since blind effects both magic, physical and ability attacks, what's not to like here?

Green:

Hanzo, again clearly has some of the best physical DPS in the game, adding in the fact that he can ignore any defenses is especially useful when facing teams that use Mason and his phys def boost.

Personally, not having Hanzo meant I had a choice between Rahl and Hades. I can't say how glad I am I went with Rahl. I still haven't leveled up Hades, as I just can't really see as much use on him without a solid team of burst to back him up. In this, awakened Rahl grants 5s burst so running them together boost Hades regardless. More often than not, I don't want the back row enemy to trigger any faster than it already will, and Hades just doesn't have the DPS like Hanzo does (nor the silence ability) to justify going after back row.

Natalia is sheer DPS and awakening only boosts that even greater. But like Steel, she's fragile, and probably shouldn't be used in the front row like Hanzo can (thanks to his dodge ability). If I had to choose between Natalia or Rahl, it would come down to if I wanted to run a magic or a physical team.

Hel, Haran and Hades I'd put on the lower priority of awakening for sure. Their awakened ability triggers only if their skill attack kills an enemy. Of these three, Haran is the most likely to do that. Hel is already good on burst teams and her ability triggers faster than any other hero (well, maybe now except for Awakened Smauk). She is high DPS but loses effectiveness as the battle winds down (similar to Smauk). From experience taking her on, if you don't target her to take out first, even unawakened she can knock down your front row very quickly.

Yellow:
Based solely on popularity, Anubis is the overwhelming choice. On magical teams, he really brings the fire.

Not having Anubis, I went with Marian, and have not regretted it. She is one of the best defensive heroes in terms of stats. However, I would caution using her without having awakened her. Her awakened ability, in my opionion is what makes her so great. Once awakened, her ability grants 100% energy to the hero she ressurects, meaning not only do you get the hero back, but it pops off its ability at the same time. It quite literally can change the outcome of a losing battle. Speed certainly is an issue, but she's built for defensive teams. If you are losing multiple heroes by the time her ability is ready to use, you probably aren't going to be doing very well in that fight anyway.

Bolton awakened is the way to go for him. He's gonna need the healing ability it gives. His toughness plus taunt ability can make a difference, but he needs support of a good Healer like Cetra or Virgo. He should still be a beast in Peak arena when it comes out.

From what I've seen so far, I too am liking the prospects of what Rayton is showing. That magic reflect shield he gets on awakening could be incredibly valuable. I could see him being very successful in Peak arena, especially awakened. That's 8s he's going to be dealing damage (and possibly reflecting damage) while being immune to death. What's not to like there?

I only just obtained Virgo, and I'm not disappointed. I've even seen teams running two of her, and let me just say, that's more heals than anyone could need! She's great, and even better awakened.

Goliath is the other hero I have experience with. However he is easily outclassed by cobolt. The difference between them is Cobolt is silence/dispel for all enemies for 6s, and Goliath is for front row for 8s.

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:19 am

How many reads and cares about this? I am thinking about making an update after Peak Arena, but if nobody cares, I don't want to spend hours doing this.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Community is pretty small Spade, not worth the time imo. It's so difficult to get people to post on the forums.

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:03 pm

ProvidenceG wrote:Community is pretty small Spade, not worth the time imo. It's so difficult to get people to post on the forums.

I kind of feel it the same way. Spending 3 hours making a list and get 4 readers isn't so fun...
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:59 pm

My next awakening will be earth. My current team is Siren(A), Rahl(A), Thrack(A), Estelle, Anubis, and Virgo. With Meredith and Virgo being on the front lines, I feel like I'm having very little chance vs physical teams, and I can't really afford to interchange my heavy hitting Siren for my mason which has no where near the damage output or an awakening.
My question/dilemma right now is I'm at 27-28k teamscore and I can take down up to 44k teams, however even the low 35ks with heavy physical hitters are destroying my front line even if my Virgo is in front.
Now the question becomes how worth it is an extra 1.2-1.4k damage and 400 speed onto my Anubis or should I beef my healer up so she can tank and continue hitting the hardest hitting physical teams (mainly awakened Natalia). What does the community think?

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:21 pm

ProvidenceG wrote:My next awakening will be earth. My current team is Siren(A), Rahl(A), Thrack(A), Estelle, Anubis, and Virgo. With Meredith and Virgo being on the front lines, I feel like I'm having very little chance vs physical teams, and I can't really afford to interchange my heavy hitting Siren for my mason which has no where near the damage output or an awakening.
My question/dilemma right now is I'm at 27-28k teamscore and I can take down up to 44k teams, however even the low 35ks with heavy physical hitters are destroying my front line even if my Virgo is in front.
Now the question becomes how worth it is an extra 1.2-1.4k damage and 400 speed onto my Anubis or should I beef my healer up so she can tank and continue hitting the hardest hitting physical teams (mainly awakened Natalia). What does the community think?

I would probably do Anubis. If you get Cetra, Virgo will more often be replaced. But both Virgo and Anubis has not so good awakening skills. Also for Peak Area Anubis is useful and Virgo the most worthless hero in the whole game.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

Quazi

Postby Quazi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 am

Thanks for this great info! It is very helpful. I think people read the posts but may not reply.

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 am

Quazi wrote:Thanks for this great info! It is very helpful. I think people read the posts but may not reply.

You are very welcome :)

I wish you were right. It would be nice with a little more feedback and discussions though :)
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

Return to “Strategies Sharing”