Valentines Day Event Strategy

You can share your strategies and experiences in Game of Summoner.

Moderator: GOS Moderator

Facade

Valentines Day Event Strategy

Postby Facade » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:34 am

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for this event? This is my first time doing an event in this game. So I can share what I've learned any maybe others can too.

I've spent probably 3000 stamina since this event started. I've used ALL my daily+hourly+potion stamina. I'm lvl 42 and I've been doing normal dungeons around 35-1 to 40-3

One tip I can give, is on any of the #3 dungeons like 35-3 36-3 37-3 and so on. They drop more loot than can be displayed. For instance, on 38-3 it shows you can get Titanium, Silk, Steel, Red Rose, and Blue Rose. However you can ALSO get a YELLOW rose even though it isn't displayed. I have tested this over and over for different dungeons and it works on all.

One thing I am unsure of... someone once said in the forums that the FIRST item on the list of offered item's is the most likely to get. I believe this is somewhat true. But I don't believe, in my experience, this effects the roses.
If you do a dungeon with ONLY roses as rewards, you don't seem any more likely to get them than if you had done a #-3 dungeon with many rewards.

This is only a guess as to how it works, but I think each item as a % chance to "drop" for you. First item being the highest %, maybe 40%ish? second being like 25%ish and so on. The EVENT items seem to be similar in tiered descending rates. Red being like 50%, blue 30% and yellow my guess is around 2-5%?

Obviously the goal here is to get yellows as they are the most rare. I've gotten 9 of them in approx 3000 stamina. Enough for 1 epic, in only 2 days... granted I used about 8-10 stamina potions... This brings me to my next question. Given this rate, would it be worth it to pay 20 gems to BUY 120 stamina per day during this event? I'm completely tapped on stamina now, no daily or potions left and I'd like to see myself get one more epic before the event ends, though without buying stamina with gems, it seems unlikely. So with approx 3 1/2 days left who here thinks its worth it to fork over 20 gems a day (I don't have VIP) for a total of 80 gems to get a good shot at another epic?

Where do you farm for roses? I like to at least get some loot used for upgrading my heros while I'm at it. So it's kinda win-win. Just go to the character sheet, click your gear and click combine and look at what pieces you need. Click that piece of gear and it will tell you where you can get it. Go to the dungeon that has that piece in the 1'st slot. Hope you get roses while you're at it!

Edit: I also wanted to add, make sure you take notice that you can scroll up and down on the roses loot page. There is 4 red for 20k gold and 2 blue for 2 rare exp cards. (I actually didnt notice this for like 2 days)
I feel this 4 red for 20k is an AMAZING deal if you farm as much as I do in normal dungeons, since you get so many red roses. It's WAY better to use your excess reds on gold and buy Common box from the store than to spend 5 red+4blue on upgrade stones. The reason for this is that for 20k you can ALMOST buy 20 boxes. and I've gotten as much as 600 upgrade stones in just ONE of the 10 rewards from a "buy 10" common box On average i get 200-300 upgrade stones from 10 boxes. So there's no point in buying upgrade stones directly with roses, get boxes instead. Then turn your excess blue roses into exp dragon card and sell them for MORE gold and souls on top of it for the souls boxes (rare dragon exp card sells for 2k gold and 30 souls). Save just enough so when you get 8 yellow roses you can buy an epic hero. Make sure to cash out before the end of the event if you fall short.

Edit Edit: I went ahead and spent 20 gems for 120 stamina (ones I got from guild gifts and achievements I wouldn't recommend BUYING gems with real money to do this)
I spent my stamina farming beginner's esoterica book parts to Promote my beginner priests. So mostly in low dungeons, up to as high as 14-2
I got:
7 Red roses (Almost 40k gold worth)
3 Blue Roses (2 rare exp cards, almost 4)
0 Yellow roses
Plus 2 of each beginner book to level up one of my priests.

So overall not a bad haul, who thinks it was worth the 20 gems?

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: Valentines Day Event Strategy

Postby 1stSpade » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:21 am

I would farm for roses where you need the other loot. I upgrade all gear and also promote a lot of heroes. If all is done I get more of the bricks that you will use for upcoming heroes and even books I think I will need for the future.

Upgrade stone is, as you say, the worst possible use of the roses. The best depends on your needs and if you want to gamble a bit of not. I have always been unlucky on the Epics I have gotten, so I go for the crystal material that I never will get enough of.

During these events I try to use as much of my stamina on the Normal dungeons. Getting enough to get one Epic hero is possible for most players. To get two is even possible if you have a lot of back up of potions or if you use gems. I always try to save up stamina between special events to have a lot to use during them.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

http://www.1stspade.com

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:46 pm

I agree. Since you are at a lower level and likely don't have very many epic level heroes yet, you will likely get good value if you go for the Epic Compact. After that, the element ore is the most valuable, as you can never get enough in this game. Personally, I'd save up all roses until the event is almost over and then spend using your yellow roses first, then spend whats left on the gold and EXP cards.

As for stockpiling stampots, this is definitely the way to go. I try to keep about 20 stored up for the next event. Any other day, I then use whatever extra I have until I get back to 20. When the event starts, I spend them all to maximize rewards.

I have not noticed a difference on drops of roses (or any other event material) from dungeon to dungeon. You are correct, even if the material is not showing, you still have a chance to get it. What those chances are tho, I couldn't say with any certainty. I call it a win if I can get a yellow rose every 120 stamina used, but its often more like 1/180 (tho i could just be unlucky ;) ). Just focusing on dungeons for mats and books you need anyway for normal game progression is the right way to play these events.

These events are holiday themed, and most major holidays are covered, so I would just earn what you can within your normal means of the game, and don't worry about spending gems on stamina unless maybe you need one more yellow rose for the reward, and you are tapped out on all stamina, and there is only a few hours left until the event closes. Spend those roses until they are gone, because it'll be a year before they are back again.

-Tali

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:50 pm

facade and tali consider yourselves both lucky. I have been using my daily guild potions, free energy claim and all my stamina on normal dungeons except on the gold chest days where I used much less, and I only have 9 yellow roses so far.

I will be more prepared and stock up potions before St.Pattys day :)

Facade

Postby Facade » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Thats about how many I have gotten. Enough for 1 epic scroll + 2 more yellows. I'm worried I won't make it to another epic before event ends :(

Facade

Postby Facade » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:30 pm

So you can't collect the Roses when there's only 24 hours left in the event? What the hell? Good thing I got my second epic or I'd be PISSED. Why aren't they allowing you to get event items till the event ENDS?! Kind of defeats the purpose of having an END DATE/TIME. I realize you can still claim rewards for the roses you have, but I have NEVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE played a video game that ended the main part of the event 24 hours before the actual event end time. I was planning on hunting for more roses today... guess not.... Now I see why people complain about this company. Is this a normal thing for all events? Because as a new player this was completely unexpected, unannounced and pissed me off.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Yeah, it's an unfortunate thing they started because they had so many complaints of players forgetting to claim their rewards before the event closed. The solution is the last 24hrs if for reward claim only. The events I think are now a full day longer than they used to be. They just have reworked it better since they introduced the extreme quests and have gotten the game on the weekly schedule.

Facade

Postby Facade » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:53 am

In my opinion if the end time was announced before this "fix" and people missed it and complained, that's their own fault. This change doesn't solve anything and it's completely unintuitive. This "fix" is absolutely stupid and there was NO WAY FOR A NEW PLAYER TO KNOW. Who "ends" and event before it "ends"? when they have a TIMER so people know when it ends. I think displaying a time/date is sufficient for people to know when an event is going to end without prematurely ending it, and adding another day for turn in's. How about end it on the time you display! Allow the turn ins for the next week or whatever if it's so much of a problem for people to understand they need to turn in their crap before it ends.

Edit: I had to edit this post for wording to make it more family friendly because I was so furious at how this event(and future ones apparently) is handled.

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:00 am

Facade wrote:In my opinion if the end time was announced before this "fix" and people missed it and complained, that's their own fault. This change doesn't solve anything and it's completely unintuitive. This "fix" is absolutely stupid and there was NO WAY FOR A NEW PLAYER TO KNOW. Who "ends" and event before it "ends"? when they have a TIMER so people know when it ends. I think displaying a time/date is sufficient for people to know when an event is going to end without prematurely ending it, and adding another day for turn in's. How about end it on the time you display! Allow the turn ins for the next week or whatever if it's so much of a problem for people to understand they need to turn in their crap before it ends.

Edit: I had to edit this post for wording to make it more family friendly because I was so furious at how this event(and future ones apparently) is handled.

Have to disagree with you there Facade. You have to learn to read things more carefully. Not just this game but in life. If you read the Valentines event page tab, it displays both a timer for ITEM DROP END and CLAIM END. Btw your team still runs your bursting heroes in separate columns, you might want to change that.

Facade

Postby Facade » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:42 am

Well if there was two separate timers then I didn't notice it. My bad, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. None the less as a new player it certainly wasn't apparent what was going to occur. I don't see what "learning to read in game" and specifically "in real life" has to do with it, kinda a rude comment.

Speaking of learning to read, I already told you in a previous post why I ran my team in the order I do. Putting two squishy heroes that are my main dps in the same row gets them killed almost instantly, and I rely on them for 90% of my damage. I told you I respect your opinion on the matter, but there's no way (at my level) the added dps from bursting makes up for the fact that they'll die so quickly. Especially considering EVERYONE my level is mostly physical teams. I've played with my team enough to know and I move them around in arena several times in order to get the right lineup to beat opponents much higher than me.

Return to “Strategies Sharing”