Multiple of same heroes on 6-hero-team

Discuss anything about Game of Summoner.

Moderator: GOS Moderator

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Multiple of same heroes on 6-hero-team

Postby 1stSpade » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:55 am

What do you guys think of having/being allowed to have several of the same hero on a team?

Right now it's not a problem, but when you can create as many souls as you like of one hero, I can see it becoming a problem in the future.

I think you should only be allowed to have one of each hero. Or maybe max 2.

Please let me know your thoughts :)
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

http://www.1stspade.com

ReversedArcana

Re: Multiple of same heroes on 6-hero-team

Postby ReversedArcana » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:07 am

This was the longest post I ever wrote. To relive that stalwart moment in history, scroll down to where Spade literally puts the whole damn thing in a quote.
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you..."

RevenantArcana [ 5Gfj4P ]

GuentherLR

Postby GuentherLR » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:12 pm

I did see one team with 3 sigurds in front, morris, conjuror and mason it was in dragon treasures so I couldn't tell the actual power but a good idea
Currently Full 5DxqsP

Serpentine

Postby Serpentine » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:29 pm

The thing is: everyone doesn't know how to counter one fighter/element with its counterpart. I've overcome strong teams with brute force but now I try to counter if necessary. My point is, only a handful probably could stop a 6 team same player fight.
9QpQ9n (full)
BmEKNp
XDFb33

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am

I think a team with Morris, Sarini Conjurer and 4 Natalia/Haran would be extremely lethal. Much more than any team today. When Morris removes the different types of walls/buffs the rangers can kill like crazy after.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:11 am

ReversedArcana wrote:I was thinking about this the other day, and I don't see it being an issue. (Long post incoming)

I'll use an example here, but these ideas can be applied to any hero. Let's look at, say, Wraith Overlord - Cobolt, because that's one hero I can see being abused (with constant silencing on the entire enemy team and Magic Attack debuffing). If you can just have as many of these guys as you want, what's a good number?

Case 1: We use 6 Cobolts. This team has no real viability, since he's a mage, and without Defense/Res boosting, he's too fragile to be in the front, even with the Magic Attack drop.

Case 2: We use 4-5 Cobolts, with some sort of boosting. The problem here is that you only get 2 boosts; for argument's sake, we'll use Thrack and Mason, since the Magic Attack drop from Cobolt sorta provides Res. No matter what, this team needs at least column of nothing but Cobolt; no matter how great the guy is, there's gonna be a single hero that can counter him that can take out this column with little to no trouble, and if the opponent finds that hero, they get a few easy kills for free.

Case 3: We use 3 Cobolts, and, for the sake of argument add Mason, Estelle, and Thrack for various boosts. This is the most practical way to go, and you've probably got all 3 of your Cobolts lined in the back. The issue here is trying to use 3 Priests in the front row; It works, sure, but you lack Speed. Priests in the front row heavily rely on the damage incoming to activate their abilities, so a diverse team with one or two columns of Speedy attackers will have an advantage over the mix of fast and slow on the Cobolt team. So, if I want to use an offending Physical team against this team, I'd put 2 Slow heroes in front of Mason, and 4 fast heroes attacking Estelle and Thrack, effectively circumventing my biggest wall.

Now, you can probably make the case of dropping Mason and putting in a mage like Morgana or Ameera to cover this weakness, however, you've now got a situation where there's a mage in the front row and no Defensive boost. So, my Physical Team from the prior example still wreaks havoc; I'm just assaulting the Mage column instead of either Priests.

Case 4: 2 Cobolts on a team. At this point, your team can be whatever you want it to be, and you've stuck a second Cobolt on it for a lack of a better mage. In this scenario, using 2 of the same hero really doesn't have any direct disadvantages; however, it does stop you from taking advantage of other hero's abilities. So, Cobolt's Magic debuff is great, sure, but there's no advantage on using it twice, since it only affects the opponent once. This is the equivalent of having a hero with no secondary ability at all. That being said, this is definitely not the case in all heroes, but the more repeating abilities you have, the less abilities you can have in play.

To expand on that thought, the best repeating ability you can have is probably Morgana's and Adena's leeching abilities, since it simultaneously works as an offensive and a defensive ability. However, it is easily countered by Bursting. If you're using multiple Morgana, chances are, you're not using a Sarini Conjurer, and there's no way to get around the Bursting. If you're using multiple Adenas, you've got the Sarini Conjurer, but you're now using a bunch of Rares, and you'll get outclassed very quickly.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

As a final note, I'd like to cover all of my bases and just go through the different Legendaries and some Epics and state why each doesn't make a solid "team" on their own:

- Marion would make a lot of sense, since you'd have heroes constantly reviving each other. This team could be countered by brute force with Nathalia, patience with Thrack, or by shutting down the magic attackers with Cobolt or Estelle. Marion has no way of dealing with ailments, so Silencing, Stunning, and Poison would all be very effective against this team.

- Thrack would make less sense; His role is to support a Magic team, and he doesn't really have much viability without a strong magic team to back him up.

- Ameera is the first Legendary that Ragnorak speculated about so many months ago; Yes, someone has thought about this before, and wanted to avoid adding something like Praying to the Goddess for this very reason. Needless to say, Ameera's issue is that she wouldn't be able to heal herself as fast as she'd take damage, and her secondary ability doesn't actually help her while she's alive in combat.

- Nathalia would be devastatingly destructive, sure, but with Mason and Morris being handed out for free in the arena, there's no reason why this should ever work.

- Haran is similar to Nathalia, only with more dodging.

- Bolton is a tank, but he can't heal himself the way most tanks do. Poisoning here does the trick. So does Morris.

- Hisspis is in the same sinking ship as Nathalia and Haran. Although Physical attackers are not innately worse than magical attackers, the overwhelming presence of Mason and Morris make them less practical to use.

- Morgana is a great candidate for something like this, but I've already covered why she'd run into problems. Not to mention, her biggest adversary would be Sigurd, and you know as well as I do just how common that guy is.

- Meredith might be the most frustrating thing to fight against in all of these situations. Really, having to fight against 6 of these would be a major pain. However, because of the nature of their special ability, if you keep the heat on a singular column, you won't have to deal with immunity in the back row until the very last Meredith. Thrack and Cobolt would help here to minimize damage intake. It's also worth noting that the immunity shield doesn't stop Poison, and Meredith has no means of healing poison.

- Estelle would be a pain, but again, Sigurd's everywhere, so a full team of healers could never work.

- All of the Epic Rangers are in the same boat as Nathalia, Haran, and Hisspis.

I think that 5 Cobolts and 1 Thrack would take down most teams today. The non stop silence would be to hard do defend against for any team out there today. I might be wrong, but at least I think so.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

9DqSv0

Postby 9DqSv0 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:39 pm

It should not be any problem if one wanna have as many same heroes as one want.

Put aside all the skills you guys talking about. If one can collect enough souls to summon, and then have enough stones and skill points to do all then I say they deserve to have that

Think how long and hard to make a hero to 6*, one can go thru all that over and over and over to make all that happen, they should have them

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Since I posted this more than 6 months ago I still think it's very valid.

Anubis is the main reason for this. Having one makes a big difference in the game and having a full back row of them I think would be very bad for the game. I have to admit I'm in the process of adding more of them myself, but I still don't think it's good for the game to have more than one of each.

If something should be done, I would suggest that the developers do something asap, so users don't spent too much time and resources to upgrade several of the same heros.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

ReversedArcana

Postby ReversedArcana » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:31 pm

The game broke. Talking about it won't fix it.
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you..."

RevenantArcana [ 5Gfj4P ]

GuentherLR

Postby GuentherLR » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:43 pm

i have petitioned as well to have Anubis brought down in power as i have seen his attack go as high as 31000+ damage in a single hit against Sigurd maxed. (49k hps with 3300 magic defense) Natalias i have seen as high as 24000. I also agree though all characters should be different in a match you take away strategy with multiples.
Currently Full 5DxqsP

Return to “General Discussion”