Fate!

Discuss anything about Game of Summoner.

Moderator: GOS Moderator

ECOMANIAC

Re: Fate!

Postby ECOMANIAC » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Guys i am totally not understanding why you think it is ok to have 2 heroes in the game that require Morgana for fate which are Amera and Nono.
None of the other heroes require Morgana which makes them weaker since you will never be able to get 100% stats unlocked.

I will definetly stop leveling and upgrading Amera now that i know i will not be able to get her to 100% anyway.

ReversedArcana

Postby ReversedArcana » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:56 pm

I think it's fitting for Nono, because if you're dumb enough to use him on your team, you're probably also dumb enough to spend that money on this game.
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you..."

RevenantArcana [ 5Gfj4P ]

ECOMANIAC

Postby ECOMANIAC » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:14 am

Saying you can get Nono for "free" is a bit harsh since you have to top 8 the event for a few weeks with an already very strong team. I was disappointed that he is so weak compared to the amount of sleep i missed to get him ;)

I did not notice Rahl was only available in that event, i thought it was released ans then also available through Ancient Box and Soul Summonings. I really do not understand why this is not the case, so yes you are right those heroes also got downgraded by having their fate connected to unavailable heroes.

Generally this should not be the case. And honestly, how many games in the world are out there where you paid more than 1000$ USD for? My wife would ask me if i am nuts if i do that ;)

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:45 am

ECOMANIAC wrote:Guys i am totally not understanding why you think it is ok to have 2 heroes in the game that require Morgana for fate which are Amera and Nono.
None of the other heroes require Morgana which makes them weaker since you will never be able to get 100% stats unlocked.

I will definetly stop leveling and upgrading Amera now that i know i will not be able to get her to 100% anyway.

Morgana might be the best Epic hero after the introduction of Fate, so you don't only pay to get the other characters upgraded. As mentioned before, it is the paying players that keeps this game alive. Do you think it would be fair if they got nothing extra for paying extra money?

A lot of the Legendary heroes has very hard requirements to get full Fate bonuses. Ameera is just one of them.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

http://www.1stspade.com

ECOMANIAC

Postby ECOMANIAC » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:56 am

1stSpade wrote:
ECOMANIAC wrote:Guys i am totally not understanding why you think it is ok to have 2 heroes in the game that require Morgana for fate which are Amera and Nono.

Morgana might be the best Epic hero after the introduction of Fate, so you don't only pay to get the other characters upgraded. As mentioned before, it is the paying players that keeps this game alive. Do you think it would be fair if they got nothing extra for paying extra money?

A lot of the Legendary heroes has very hard requirements to get full Fate bonuses. Ameera is just one of them.

What keeps a game alive is a growing and steadily playing player base, which you get with an balanced and fun game by itself. The paying customers come by automatically.

I have also spend a lot of money on this game and i do not refuse it since it was worth it. But spending even more like 800 USD just to get Morgana an Epic hero is a jump that is in my opinion totally out of order.

Take any other popular games out there and look what you can get for that money. You are sure to at least get nearly the best stuff existing in every game for this huge amount of money in games so popular that million people play.

So Morgana is just not worth the price unless you have so much money you do not really care about prices anyway ;)
All of the other stuff in the game can be acquired with less money which is ok. So everything connected to Morgana is out of reach and not part of the game to be honest. So it is like Ameera and Nono do have less fate than others.

That is my point of view and a lot of people agree with me. I do understand that those who paid for her really want Morgana to be worth it to justify your decision to spend that massive amount of money, but you have to understand that everyone who does not counts Morgana as a non existing hero in the game.

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:14 am

ECOMANIAC wrote:
1stSpade wrote:

What keeps a game alive is a growing and steadily playing player base, which you get with an balanced and fun game by itself. The paying customers come by automatically.

I have also spend a lot of money on this game and i do not refuse it since it was worth it. But spending even more like 800 USD just to get Morgana an Epic hero is a jump that is in my opinion totally out of order.

Take any other popular games out there and look what you can get for that money. You are sure to at least get nearly the best stuff existing in every game for this huge amount of money in games so popular that million people play.

So Morgana is just not worth the price unless you have so much money you do not really care about prices anyway ;)
All of the other stuff in the game can be acquired with less money which is ok. So everything connected to Morgana is out of reach and not part of the game to be honest. So it is like Ameera and Nono do have less fate than others.

That is my point of view and a lot of people agree with me. I do understand that those who paid for her really want Morgana to be worth it to justify your decision to spend that massive amount of money, but you have to understand that everyone who does not counts Morgana as a non existing hero in the game.

Let me first say I do understand your point of view as well. But I still think that it is fair that people that has spend a lot extra should also have the chance to get things that isn't accessible for free players. As you say everything else can be available without spending money. To connect it with Nono is Fate I think is perfectly fine. I probably won't level it anyway. Ameera is a bit different, but the other Legendary has super difficult Fate combination as well.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree :)
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

Golgo9

Postby Golgo9 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:43 am

I'm gonna side with 1st Spade on this one. I don't really like the idea of favoring paying users but I gotta admit if someone spends 800$/€, it seems logical that they had an advantage compared to other users. Yes it is expensive but that's the way it is. If you don't like it, you can just stop playing/paying (no offense).

Overall I think there is only a handful of players who got Morgana, so I don't think it will have that much of an impact for us low income players :D Yes it sucks but if everyone else cannot get full fate for these heroes you're pretty much equals. And if you really want full fate on your heroes you can always replace your heroes.

ECOMANIAC

Postby ECOMANIAC » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:16 am

I am not sure if you really understand what i am aiming at.
I really do not care if you get a whole set of legendary + epic + rare if you reach vip level 7 or any extra content exclusively, that is totally fine.

It also is not a problem to connect the fate of exclusive content with free content, because you have both available!

But it is a problem to connect the fate of free content with exclusive available content, because it is not accessible for all players.

So my suggestion was just to remove Morgana dependency from the fate system and replace it with any other red epic hero, so that every player can achieve full fate support.

But as someone mentioned earlier there are other fate dependencies with heroes that are not available at the moment. But i think those are not in the same boat since there will be reoccurring events where you can get them with your saved crystals (at least that is what i hope :)).

It would not harm anyone if the Morgana dependency would be replaced with e.g. an Ashbel or Sara dependency, except those who own Morgana and not the others of course. But it would leave a chance for the players achieving the fate some day by getting those heroes from the soul summons or ancient box instead of saying "ok i will never ever have full fate for my hero no matter how long i play".

Long story short: Do not create dependencies for free available stuff with exclusive stuff because it makes players feel bad about it ;)

ReversedArcana

Postby ReversedArcana » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:29 am

Fates are there to make the devs richer. Of course Morgana is in there.
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you..."

RevenantArcana [ 5Gfj4P ]

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:06 am

ReversedArcana wrote:Personally, I'd rather see Morgana get a price reduction than see her removed from the Fate system. Regardless, she needs to be included somewhere in it just because she's an Epic, and ultimately equal to the other Epics. It would make sense for her to fate with the other red scythe-wielding mage, after all.

I've noticed another thing about the Fate system; or, more specifically, Elton. All of the Fates so far have given 30HP and 30Att/Mag depending on the hero, but in Elton's case, the split is 24Hp to 36Att. As an attack-oriented hero, this seems like a huge advantage. Are there any other heroes like this?

This with Elton is probably a mistake. I have to admit I hadn't seen it. And yes, it's of course a good thing for Elton!
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

Return to “General Discussion”