Attacking undefended planets - not getting all the resources

You can share your strategies and experiences about how to battle and defense, how to collect resources…

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

becstan

Attacking undefended planets - not getting all the resources

Postby becstan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:30 pm

I find that many times when I attack planets that are undefended and send more than enough freighters, and there is no underground bunker, I still don't get it all. Why is this and what can I do??

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: Attacking undefended planets - not getting all the resou

Postby Talizorah » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:25 am

Hello becstan,

When you attack a planet, the most resources you can plunder is 60% (40% base resource protection) in one hit. So if the planet has:
1,000,000 metal
500,000 crystal
250,000 gas
You can only plunder a maximum of:
600,000 metal
300,000 crystal
150,000 gas

In the next attack wave, since the planet will now have:
400,000 metal
200,000 crystal
100,000 gas
You can only plunder a maximum of:
240,000 metal
120,000 crystal
90,000 gas

When a planet has an underground bunker, the amount of resources you can plunder is:

Plunder = planet resources * [100 - (40% base resource protection + 1% per Underground Bunker level)]

There is a maximum of lvl15 Underground bunker. With no underground bunker an attack can take up to 60%. With a lvl1 bunker, an attack can take up to 59%. With a maxed out bunker, an attack can only take 45% of a planets resources in a single hit.

There is an exception to a player having the base resource protection of 40%. When the defending player has a Pirate Badge (skull) from negative glory, they lose a certain amount of the base resource protection.

Pirate Badge - base resource protection down from 40% to 30%.
Pirate Badge 1-Star - base resource protection down from 40% to 20%.
Pirate Badge 2-Star - base resource protection down from 40% to 20%.
Pirate Badge 3-Star - base resource protection down from 40% to 0%.

The Underground bunker protection still works for players with the Pirate Badge, simply alter the above formula based on the Pirate Badge base resource protection.

In all, farming hits vs any planet will require multiple waves to clear all the resources. However, if done efficiently, very rarely will a single planet require more than 6 waves to clean off all the resources.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask!

Thank you,
-Tali

Return to “Strategies Sharing”