Strategy For Attacking

You can share your strategies and experiences about how to battle and defense, how to collect resources…

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Ares

Strategy For Attacking

Postby Ares » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Attacking is very important in Galaxy At War. I will explain the most effective way for a player to raid successfully and collect the debris instantly. Here are the top 5 things to know.

1. Know your enemy, What time is he away from game (sleeping, eating, etc.) good way to find out is keeping your friends close but enemies closer theory.
2. Attack when he isn't on, attack with the maximum ships you can send depending on your amount of gas. If you have the Dark Matter use the simulator based on old probe reports.
3. Your fleet should include large cargos to loot everything that player may have. As well as good offensive ships, a good thing to have a lot of is Light Fighter and Heavy Fighters to serve as a shield to the bigger ships. The ships attack weakest ships first so while Light fighters are getting the heat your destroyers and battleships are firing on the enemy.
4. When you attack have 1 Ligjt Fighter attack but have your main fleet about 45 seconds behind it so you know exactly what he has, if your fleet can't match you can abort but if you think you can destroy it it's only 45 seconds away. If you decide to continue attack your Recover Vessels should be 60 sec after your initial 1 Lightfighter attack.
5. Use all your loot quickly they will most likey be out for revenge so fleetsave. Thats where you send all your ships to another one of your planets at 10% speed. Or however long you might be away so that if you do get attacked you lose no ships.

Mr.Ed

Re: Strategy For Attacking

Postby Mr.Ed » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:21 am

^ I agree fully, but what simulator are your talking about?

And I didn't know you could get wiped out in a single round, and still get a data report. So what I did was send a spy probe, and see if a planet is worth attacking. If so, then attack, and set a timer in the real world to go off about 5 minutes before your fleet arrives. At that time, send in another spy probe to see what you are really going to walk in to.

osapias

Postby osapias » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:54 am

Brilliant!

osapias

Postby osapias » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:32 am

When you and win they don't get their fleet back right away. I know because I attacked the level 15 pirates back to back and in the battle report of the same find attack, the pirate had no fleet and defwnces.
Which means
1. You can send 1 group of sships to attack an the send a few more to haul away loot.
2 there doesn't have to be any cargo ships to haul away loot in the main battle group
3. There is a pm to to the loot, so its better to send a few cargo ships at a time than sending them all at once.
4. I think this applies to players as well.

dimi1010

Postby dimi1010 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:31 pm

osapias wrote:When you and win they don't get their fleet back right away. I know because I attacked the level 15 pirates back to back and in the battle report of the same find attack, the pirate had no fleet and defenses.
Which means
1. You can send 1 group of ships to attack an the send a few more to haul away loot.
2 There doesn't have to be any cargo ships to haul away loot in the main battle group
3. There is a pm to to the loot, so its better to send a few cargo ships at a time than sending them all at once.
4. I think this applies to players as well.

That applies to pirates only. Normal players have 10 % of their defenses repaired instantly after the battle. So back to back attacks with only combat ships 1 wave and cargo ships after that is only possible if the player has no defenses.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:31 pm

dimi1010 wrote:That applies to pirates only. Normal players have 10 % of their defenses repaired instantly after the battle. So back to back attacks with only combat ships 1 wave and cargo ships after that is only possible if the player has no defenses.

Defense repair is a 30% chance per individual defense destroyed to be repaired. It is statistically possible for a player to have no defenses repaired after a battle in which defenses were lost, as well as, it is possible to have all defenses return.

Return to “Strategies Sharing”