Planet Defence

You can share your strategies and experiences about how to battle and defense, how to collect resources…

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

silent @ DomiNation

Planet Defence

Postby silent @ DomiNation » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:30 am

Hello everybody! I noticed there is a good guide for attacking but no guide for defending! Of course most of the time you want to fleet save from attacks but somethimes you may not have enough cargos to defend your planet! So here is the guide for defence....
1. Send away all your probes. I'm assuming this game calculates like O game and in O game probes give other ships attack bonuses.
2. Send a joint defence request. You should always try colonising planets in the same system your other alliance members, so they can help defend you.
3. Leave your attack fleet stationed on your planet but send any cargo and recyclers away filling them up with resources.
4. Build some gauss cannons if you are planning to wipe out the enemy fleet or some ion cannons if you are going for a draw.
5. Store all your remaining resources in your underground bunker.
NOTE: This is NOT a guide for building defences just for defending your planet if a early warning message pops up in your inbox.

silent @ DomiNation

Re: Planet Defence

Postby silent @ DomiNation » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:10 am

Have any other ideas? I and everyone else on the forum would be glad to hear them! Constructive critism is welcome, it will help me be become a better player/forum person ! :D

Mr.Ed

Postby Mr.Ed » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:26 am

I don't understand what you mean "this game calculates like O game and in O game probes give other ships attack bonuses."

==========
And while you make a great strategy post (which I already follow, plus Always Buy large and small shields and Tech in armor and shields. More so armor.)

My alliance mates say: abandon all land defenses! Use those resources in building a fleet. When you get attacked, they come in with an overwhelming army, so you're going to loose it all anyways. Instead, hope to get lucky and see an early warning warning (THAT NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED IN THE GAME), pack up all your resources, and leave town. That way you loose nothing (buildings can't be destroyed or harmed in any way in this game), and all your resources and ships are still intact. NOTHING lost but some gas, and the attacker's high hopes and pride.

MR.X

Postby MR.X » Sat May 10, 2014 5:14 am

Well,this urgent defence guide is marvellous and wonderful,same as another defence guide in other post! Thank you very much.But is it unwise that i keep transporting all resources to my colonising planet every night before sleeping? :D

Williamson

Postby Williamson » Thu May 22, 2014 11:14 pm

Sounds like a good plan.

azaffiro

Postby azaffiro » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:35 am

3. Leave your attack fleet stationed on your planet but send any cargo and recyclers away filling them up with resources.

I only partly agree with this point. If you are going to send your res away, send your fleet away also. There are plenty of players out there that will destroy your fleet just because they can or just to recover the resources from the planet. I have had my fleet destroyed by leaving it there with no res to speak of on the planet.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:37 pm

azaffiro wrote:

I only partly agree with this point. If you are going to send your res away, send your fleet away also. There are plenty of players out there that will destroy your fleet just because they can or just to recover the resources from the planet. I have had my fleet destroyed by leaving it there with no res to speak of on the planet.

I think this was written suggesting how to defend once you have determined that you can beat the attacking fleet. He was not suggesting to always leave your fleet on planet, but that you FS your res and recs so they are safe, just in case you miscalculated. The point is that you are aware of the attack and are trying to wipe the attacker, not get wiped yourself.

Return to “Strategies Sharing”