Account Creation Problem

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

litlwillie

Account Creation Problem

Postby litlwillie » Thu May 28, 2015 2:30 pm

:? I am aware of the three accounts per server per device rule. I have two accounts on the Roswell server and one on the Abyss server on my Android tablet. I have set up a second account on Abyss. But now I've got a problem I'm not sure how to solve, if it can be solved. I select the account name from the account list and tap Login it takes me to the GAW main screen showing the account and server. When I tap the Play button I get the following message: "Commander list is full. You can no longer create any new commanders on this server."

This would seem to indicate that I already have three accounts on the Abyss server, but I have only one active account and the new one I created. I have contacted the devs and gotten the stock answer of three accounts per server per device. Has anyone else had this problem or know what I need to do in order to access the second account on Abyss?

UPDATE:
Just read something on the GAW on line Wiki that piqued my interest. In the Account section it says: "Each user account can join multiple servers,....." Does that mean that with one of the existing accounts that I play on Roswell I can also play on Abyss simply by selecting the Abyss server on the GAW main screen? I would hate to loose one of the Roswell accounts.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: Account Creation Problem

Postby Talizorah » Thu May 28, 2015 11:50 pm

Hello,

You are correct that you can use the same account name to log into different servers. At a server merge, if you were to have a commander on each server under the same account, after the merge, they will be put on the same list and each time you go to log in, you simply have to select which one you want to log in as. You will never lose an account due to a server merge. The screen would look similar to this:

image.jpg
image.jpg (191.94 KiB) Viewed 4416 times

It is possible that you created an account on a different server that merged into the one you are getting the "commander list full" error. This would likely count against your 3. Now it only matters what device creates the account, and adding an existing account to your device does not count against your 3 per. Realistically, if you have 3 devices in your household, you can create 9 accounts. After creation, you can load them all into one device and never need the other two devices again.

Right now, that would be my assumption, that you have an account you don't know about, maybe deleted the account name off your device. I will look into it and see if I can't find out anything more.

-Tali

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: Account Creation Problem

Postby Talizorah » Fri May 29, 2015 12:37 am

The response I received was it is most likely due to accounts that were from another server that got merged in that may have been deleted from your device. Unfortunately there is no way to check account names that were created, as they only log that an account was created.

I have known players who had similar issues only to have commanders appear on a random account they have that they didn't know about after a server merge. If you figure out any more, or do find a random account please update here!

-Tali

Return to “General Discussion”