is there away to close my account

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

torycan

is there away to close my account

Postby torycan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:30 am

I want to close my account or delete my server accounts for several reasons but main reason I don't have time to play the game.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: is there away to close my account

Postby Talizorah » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:34 pm

Unfortunately, there is no way to delete your account at this time. Many players who wish to either quit a server or the game have done something pretty close to deleting their account:

1) crash all your ships (if any) into an allied player so they can have the debris.
2) abandon all planets
3) downgrade storage on home planet to lvl0.

This will ensure you have no res, and only your home planet left. No one will have any need to hit your commander once you have done that. And since it basically takes you back to nothing, there really is no draw to come back and start over completely again.

The other option is you can give your account to a friend. You simply have to change your password to something your friend wants, and then have them change the password and email address on the account afterwards. This will ensure you cannot recover the account and it is fully under the control of your friend.

As far as I know, there are no plans to create an option for players to delete their accounts. All account data is stored on Sphinx servers, rather than on a players device.

I really am sorry there is no way to delete your account, and I wish you luck if you do choose to leave GaW.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can also contact GaW support at support@sphinxjoy.com.

Thanks!
-Tali

Return to “General Discussion”