large recovery vehicle

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

rolyreefer

large recovery vehicle

Postby rolyreefer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:50 am

hi all, ive just researched this large recovery vehicle, but i cant build it. im in an alliance and i have a station, but it tells me have to upgrade a building before i build it. is this true because it costs 10 million build thAT building? thanks very much

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: large recovery vehicle

Postby Talizorah » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:01 am

Hello,

Which building is it telling you to upgrade before you can build it?

The research requirements to build a Large Recovery Vehicle (LRV) are:

Impulse Drive lvl6
Shields Tech lvl6
Ion Tech lvl8

In order to build a LRV you must have at least:

2 Recovery Vessels
2 Light Fighters
1 LRV blueprint
1,750 Quartz

I am not aware that a shipyard lvl is required in order to build an LRV (except the shipyard has to be at least lvl1). I have planets on which lvl5 Shipyard can build an LRV, so at least that rules out the shipyard as the building it is asking you to upgrade.

In terms of research, at least a lvl6 research lab is required in order to start the final research levels. But that doesn't cost that much to get to that point.

The expensive part is probably upgrading a satellite (sat). It is not required to have a sat in order to build Quartz ships, as Quartz can be purchased through the store, received as alliance gifts or won in the lottery card. However the most efficient means of getting Quartz is through a sat. Once you obtained a sat on a planet (if you do not know how, please see the New Player Tips and Tricks page in the New Player Forum), you can start upgrading the sat and the Quartz refinery (and also the Jumpgate of you so choose). Upgrading the sat lvls are probably some of the most expensive building upgrades you will do in the early to mid stages of the game. The sat gives you radius to upgrade the Quartz refinery. The Quartz refinery will produce the Quartz needed to spend the blueprints you've received from either alliance station donations or from event rewards. The Quartz and the blueprint, as well as the necessary ships are needed to create a LRV. The 2 recovery vessels and the 2 light fighters will disappear and become the single LRV once you hit build.

I hope this answered your question, but if not, please let me know!

Thank you,
-Tali

rolyreefer

Postby rolyreefer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:57 am

when i try to build 1 large recovery vehicle an error say, not enough resources to exchange. thanks a lot

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:24 am

You need to make sure all of these are checked complete.

image.jpg
image.jpg (238.77 KiB) Viewed 8042 times

1. LRV Blueprint
2. Recovery Vessel
3. Light Fighters
4. Quartz

The recovery vessel and the light fighters have to be on the planet you are building the LRV on. In your shipyard, you need to have 2 light fighters and 2 recovery vessels.

image.jpg
image.jpg (120.15 KiB) Viewed 8042 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (122.63 KiB) Viewed 8042 times

For building LRVs, these ships are considered resources and will be consumed to build the LRV. You will need 2 light fighters and 2 recovery vessels per LRV you wish to build. If you have enough resources, your screen will look like this:

image.jpg
image.jpg (173.23 KiB) Viewed 8042 times

If your screen looks like this, then you will be able to successfully build an LRV.

If you still have an issue building the LRV with all these conditions met, please provide screenshots of both the screen where you press build and the error message.

Thank you!
-Tali

Return to “General Discussion”