What would you like added to the game?

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Avalon Kros

Re: What would you like added to the game?

Postby Avalon Kros » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:16 pm

I think it would be cool to see added structures to the bases like the ground defences (rockets launchers, lasers, etc.) and maybe actual little people scurrying about in vehicles or on foot. It would give it a cool feel. The only sign of life I ever see is the little spaceship that flies to and from my Alliance Depot.

Jet-pack Penguin

Postby Jet-pack Penguin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:32 am

Carriers and Supercarriers......please give them to us!

Deadmau5

Postby Deadmau5 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:55 am

Neb runs.. Help the players build!! Have a chance planet where they can get resources or dark matter or even more ships..

Col. McCorrmic

Postby Col. McCorrmic » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:38 am

Some kind of alert or screen flashing red. ANYTHING to alert me when I am in any of the chat rooms or if I am moving fleets around or building something on a planet that an attack is inbound. Warp attacks combined with 50% DM speed boosts, you are looking at less than four minutes warning before an attack lands. That's barely enough time to react if you are just staring at the screen not doing anything at all. How hard would it be to make the home icon start flashing red at a rapid rate? And why not a notification when I'm not online. I get several a day that a fleet has attacked pirates, but nothing on an incoming attack.

ClockworkSoldier

Postby ClockworkSoldier » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:19 am

Missed this thread the first time, originally posted in Imagining a new ship.

So this idea is a new building, but also adds new fleet and offensive mechanics. I suggest the addition of a missile factory/silo or both depending on how much time should be spent on building infrastructure to utilize missiles.

The Buildings
Missile Factory: This is where the missiles are produced, higher levels allow for larger and more advanced missiles to be produced and production speeds are increased.

Missile Silo: Before missiles can be used they must be transported from the factory to the silo in order to be launched. Higher levels of the missile silo will allow for more missiles to be loaded. A flat payload increase with each level would work best here so that players can choose how they would like to split the payload between sizes of missiles in their arsenal. Either lots of small missiles can be launched, a small amount of large or somewhere in between.

The Missiles
I suggest two types of missiles the first being anti ship and the second being planetary, each type having three tiers. Missiles are a one time use item and cannot be repaired as ships can. Once missiles have been launched they cannot be retrieved but can be prematurely detonated before reaching their target. They will not leave a debris field due to their explosive nature. Missiles cannot be used within a fleet making them unable to be sent with cargo ships to retrieve resources. This will give players a trade off, spending resources to soften targets. My opinion for names of the three tiers are small=ballistic, medium=nuclear/hydrogen, and large=antimatter.

Anti Ship: Anti ship missiles will have stats best suited for targeting enemy fleets and the stats will receive a debuff when used against planetary defenses. The three sizes will be used as follows, small versus light/heavy fighters and cruisers, medium versus battleships/dreadnoughts and heavy versus destroyers and Death Stars.

Planetary: Interplanetary missiles will be best suited for targeting another planets defenses, following the same mechanics as the anti ship missiles. They will receive a debuff when used against an enemy fleet and their affinities are as follows; Small missiles versus rocket launchers, light lasers, and heavy lasers, medium missiles versus gauss/ion cannons and small shields, and large missiles versus plasma cannons and large shields. The 1 tier offset in shield vulnerability will allow shields to protect defenses against missiles of their same tier size, thus making shields useful beyond the early game.

I hope that everyone enjoys this suggestion and I'd like to hear any feedback or further tweaks to this mechanic.

Lolduck223

Postby Lolduck223 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:12 pm

I would like to be able to give/receive items from other players it would be very nice to be able to get that one ship with help from an alliance member/friend. Thanks for reading!

ClockworkSoldier

Postby ClockworkSoldier » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Non-monetized server please. A server without an item shop and DM, everyone is equal. I want to fight toe to toe with skilled opponents, not rich opponents.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Send/receive gift is very nice. I don't think any of these servers are really big enough (in terms of numbers of players) to really need another server where people can't pay anything. Buying DM is for those who are impatient and don't want to wait the incredibly long times required for research and construction. Mainly tho, it is used to counter the high cost of gas by insta-ghosting opponents rather than launching normally. You can play this game and have just as much fun as those who do pay by just being smart, and keeping up to date with the servers tactics. You are allowed 3 accounts per server, and it's a good idea to use them. You can either park fleet on one you keep at a very low score, or use the other for more convinient JS attacks and defenses, or by positioning alt planets very far away to help with Fleetsaving. The trick is just finding the way to play the game that best fits your schedule. It's ok to turn off your mines from time to time if you know you will be away for a few days.

The servers are getting so small to the point now that alliance trading might be something to start reconsidering, especially with the ability for members to store res in the space station... Perhaps expanding to a res bank system for each player and then trades can happen internally with a tax. So there would be a limit to the amount of res you could add to the bank per day, and then when sending to another player, a % of that would be taken out as a tax. A researchable tech to reduce the % would be good.

I do like the idea of the missiles for both incoming fleets and when attacking, it would add a nice expansion on the the satellites I think.

Lots of good ideas here, keep then coming!

Mr.Ed

Postby Mr.Ed » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:08 am

1. Allow research to be done from every research lab (See Age of Empires for example.) Every Shipyard can produce vehicles, why can't every lab produce research if it meets the requirements?

2. Have some kind of indicator for quick and easy planet management. Like a dot in the planet listing if construction, research, or shipyard is currently being used.) I want to know if something is sitting idle.

3. Answer more common things in a FAQ area. Like sending your fleet in response to a Fleet Invite.
a. What happens if you send in a huge fleet, and the host planet runs out of gas?
b. While your fleet is there, can you still control it? If not, that really sucks and I don't see any reason to waste your fleet sitting around doing nothing. Especially if you've lost control of it.

4. When building, give an warning indication in the power setting if my new construction is going to put me in the negative power.

4b. What problem if any is there with negative power? Seems like in this game, everything still works. I suggest you address that in the video tutorial at the start, or in the game FAQ.

5. Address ALL the elements of the game, to include how to get the Glory bird wings, and how to get a satellite / moon. I also suggest getting rid of the red skull. It looks like its something to have in a war game. Instead make it an obvious "you don't want this" symbol.

6. It would also be great if we could change orders to deployed fleet.
a. Change the speed rate at least on the return trip.
b. Change Transport (come back to home) to deploy (stay there).

7. We should be able to join our own planets in a joint strike. Why not?? I have ships on every planet I own. They should be able to meet-up in space and attack at the same time- what the Joint Strike feature is for.

Boging

Postby Boging » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:27 pm

For the piloting tower perhaps the developer could add a kind of attack formation one can define (e.g. Formation delta, consisting of x dreadnouhgts, y battleships, z light fighters etc.)

Return to “General Discussion”