GAW Cross Server Battles !

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: GAW Cross Server Battles !

Postby sphinx.frank » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Obelix wrote:What servers wil be merged? And how you make that there are no differences beteren servers anymore.
Like mine production and prices of ships?

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:16 pm

I think the server merge is starting to take up most players thoughts now, more so than the cross-server battles. This is the case at least on the servers who have been notified they will be merging with others. There is speculation on which servers will merge with which, but more importantly, how the merge will take place. From general discussion on global chat, players are worried about planet locations, as most alliances have adopted the cluster method to help counter being ghosted. General consensus shows that players believe a relocation card should be provided for each planet a player has moved to the new combined server. In addition, for fairness in adjusting to moving planets, figuring out the new alliance landscape, and to help protect players coming in, the "noob shield" new players get when they start a commander on a server should be applied.

While balance changes will have to be made, and some servers granted an advantage in the merge, it is thought that relocation cards and a proper amount of time protected from attack while adjusting to the server would help make the transition smooth and acceptable for all players involved.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions about this idea for the server merge, please feel free to contribute. Let's help make this merge fun and fair to all!

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinx.frank » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Obelix wrote:What servers wil be merged? And how you make that there are no differences beteren servers anymore.
Like mine production and prices of ships?

Servers which are older than 3 months will probably be merged. We'll try our best to balance the differences between servers, the program is still in progress, will keep you updated for more details.

Boimb

Postby Boimb » Mon May 19, 2014 6:00 am

Hi,
This seems to be a great idea !
It's been a long time since last post about that...
How things are going on ?
I'd really enjoy this kind of feature on my server : Playing on "explorer", android.
Thx.

Roach

Postby Roach » Fri May 23, 2014 6:18 am

Will Hades be merged?

h3xkore

Postby h3xkore » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:00 pm

I believe that the protection shield would be a wonderful idea. as for the planet locations, to make things fair i believe that BOTH servers should "suffer". in other words the big bang happens and everyone goes everywhere with bubble and relocation cards. although idk how relocation cards would work as some people have 6-8 planets set to their own liking and have spent countless rez to build them up... maybe a possible scrunch? such as instead of adding extra galaxy's add extra systems i.e. 250 on new server be 850? idk just an idea. our server poseidon already has 20 galaxys (WAY TO MANY) so i think it would be no use if more galaxys were added.

Sengorn Leopardae

Postby Sengorn Leopardae » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:43 pm

sphinx.frank wrote:
Obelix wrote:What amount of gas Will be used when going through a gate?

Devs are still working on it, we'll keep you updated on this.

I say it could be zero, as when defeating a mission.

LiquidFox

Postby LiquidFox » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Will anything be done to keep the older stronger servers from simply wiping out the newer ones? As it stands the game would likely fail if the Personal score limit on attacks was not shrunk, Or the whole concept would fail because noone would ever want to open a wormhole.

The Doctor

Postby The Doctor » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:43 am

The wormholes will never open. Months and months of hearing about cross server battles, but I believe they'll never come about. They're as likely to happen as Jihadists world wide randomly deciding to throw down their weapons, and give themselves up for crimes against humanity.

tsumeru5

Postby tsumeru5 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:29 am

Will these proposed wormholes for cross server battles allow android based servers to attack iOS servers and hold true to the opposite since? Also when can we expect this update to occur? Even a rough date would be appreciated.

Return to “General Discussion”