Vote for server merging

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Taurus and

Poll ended at Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:29 am

1. yes, i agree
60%
2. No, i don't agree
40%

Total votes: 52

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Vote for server merging

Postby sphinx.frank » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:29 am

Dear commanders:

We are planning to merge server Taurus and Scorpio into the others to become an active one. As these two servers have the different production rate and building cost compare to others.
For every 1 unit of resource produced in Taurus and Scorpio, it will be 1.5 units produced in other servers.
For every 1 unit of ship built, the cost in Taurus and Scorpio is the 1/5 of others.
In the case of merging, we will unify current production rate, resources and amount of ships between these two servers and others.
For example, amount of ships for players in Taurus and Scorpio will be reduced to 30% according to the production rate and building cost, Only ships that cost differently across the servers will be affected.
We are eager for your suggestions and will be grateful for your helpful feedbacks. please vote in our Forum to help us make the right move.

turk911

Re: Vote for server merging

Postby turk911 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:17 am

"For example, amount of ships for players in Taurus and Scorpio will be reduced to 30% according to the production rate and building cost."

Please add clarification to news item that "Civil Ships" and Death stars will not be reduced as they are the same cost across all servers.

Also please confirm that ships in repair bay will be reduced as well. Some have suggested trying to store ships there to bypass the reduction, and it might lead to confusion.

Caramon

Postby Caramon » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:31 am

Since there is a difference in building costs, building levels for players in those servers should also be reduced. Or better yet, don't merge those two servers with others. Only merge like servers.

dumbledwarf

Postby dumbledwarf » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:44 am

70% is quite a steep cost for someone who has been spending as much time as anyone from the other server. There has to be another option, perhaps a lower percentage, or giving the other server a boost in production for the few weeks before the merge, or even meeting halfway, raise costs on taurus now to halfway, and the rest of the way upon merge, and vise versa. lower costs now on receiving server, and then back to normal at merge. Or, you could always just merge the two "trouble" servers, since we share similar stats.

Taurus- Dumbledwarf. AncientArmada co-captain

Redeemer

Postby Redeemer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:49 am

Absolutely not!

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:56 am

Bringing just Taurus and Scorpio ships down does not seem fair to the players who have spent the time and money building fleets and planets there. A compromise needs to be reached. I don't think the math is quite right saying that T/S fleet size is inflated by 70%. Granted losing 70% is better than 80%, but that figure is still too low for what most understand. Ships should be scaled back with account taken to how long a player has been active on his respective server. So players that started at games launch should have their fleet scaling taking into account with new mine and res cost, factoring that they would have been playing for 8 or so months. Create a scale taking into account the time.

In terms of score, a new system should be figured for the new server. It's hard enough as it is for players to get off the ground being hit by players many times their score. Some players even have heals their score low for added protection. The score on the new servers is inflated by their resources cost. It should be brought down. Smaller fleets, smaller score. Not smaller fleets, massive score.

Before the merge, a long while before the merge. Please post all figures and calculations (including the formulas) that will be used to scale players to the new server. From the way the post is worded, it seems that players will be choosing what servers to merge their accounts to, I don't think that's a good idea. The idea of a mega server sounds much better.

Momo

Postby Momo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:07 am

As stated the time to build 1 of our ships the other will make 1.5 . Also rss we produce on example lvl 15 for leo is 11360 in metal where taurus produces 7600 an hour. Only way to keep it far is that it is even ships not lose ships for taurus. You need to see the whole picture not just what a ship cost. To make

Chris7583

Postby Chris7583 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:14 am

I don't totally disagree with a server merge but the way you plan to do it seems crazy. I'm in Taurus so the plan is I lose 70% of my fleet!!! I've spent real money to purchase dark matter to help with my ship building. So how will that work? Would I have chosen to spent the same amount if the I had been building on another server.... Possibly not. Would I be compensated? In short I think a new idea on how to merge would be best.

Redeemer

Postby Redeemer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:16 am

Personally I have purchased DM That was used to upgrade mines and construct ships. Reducing my fleets is in essence theft as they are a result of a financial transaction between me and GAW. While I understand that the purpose of this is to create fair play it would result in a penalization of the individuals who financially support this game through in-app purchases and that is wrong.

Momo

Postby Momo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:54 am

Their servers are balances as they are . All the newer servers produce 70% more rss then scorpio and taurus. Also the build time is faster the older servers. Yes the ships are more expensive but the new servers make more to spend in resources. What they are proposing is not fair to either the taurus or scorpio server. The only way it is fair is if 100% of the fleet goes to the merge.

Return to “General Discussion”