Vote for server merging

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Taurus and

Poll ended at Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:29 am

1. yes, i agree
60%
2. No, i don't agree
40%

Total votes: 52

Colobos

Re: Vote for server merging

Postby Colobos » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:19 am

In my opinion merge taurus and scorpio together then no issues on whats fair.

Also you could try and make the new server more appealing to new players, not sure on current noob protection but extend by 24/48 hours for new players.

Also when the 50k score is beaten you can be attacked by anyone, yes a high player will lose glory but he can also use an alt to buff it back up.

The score system needs an overhaul, plus maybe a feature to prevent farming a player till the point he quits the game?

The glory system is a nice idea but in practise is too open to abuse and exploiting

Li Phan

Postby Li Phan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:28 am

I agree with colobus, the fact that Taurus and Scorpio should be merged to stop any issues with production rate, fleet sizes and scores, this way there should still be enough new players in each others company to keep everyone occupied.

What I don't understand is also why when a new players joins the game he swayed by the fact that the newest server is recommended, this should surely be monitored and the quietest server should be recommended.

I totally understand why you would need people in Taurus and Scorpio to reduce fleet however, people have paid a lot of money and spent a lot of time to build up their fleet especially the ones with Death Stars,

So with regards to merging with a new server no, not if it means losing 70% of fleet

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Let's look at the merge in a different way. Merge Taurus and Scorpio and then offer account migration for all the other servers. Those that want to move their established accounts to the new "mega-server" and have more ships but less mine production simply can come in and have their fleet size scaled up proportionally. Since most players coming from Taurus and Scorpio are high level, bringing in players of equal level would be more ideal. This method would not "hurt" any players fleets, but might actually interest more players by gaining fleet by moving their account to the new server.

For a lot of players, fleet size, build time, and cost are the reason for staying on Taurus and Scorpio. By taking that choice away, and then "punishing" players by taking away their fleet is not the answer. I know other servers say to look at the bigger picture, but this game is solely based on how big your fleet is. There is a lot that doesn't make sense here, especially with score. Players score on the new servers are inflated to 5x that of the score of players on Taurus and Scorpio. Merging players will see their fleets massively reduced and their score massively inflated? Or will their score not change since their ship count is being reduced? There are too many unknowns and not enough info shared by the devs on the logistics of the merge.

HAWK

Postby HAWK » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:10 pm

I can agree with you taliz and with the others that the current rate of shrinking all fleets by 70% will not effectively balance out the servers. I do agree that the fleets have to be scaled down though. I dont know of the extend of the Taurus but I know in scorpio we have massive fleets that are reaching to the point that every big battle now has over a million light fighters and countless other ships with rapidfire. The problem we are facing in these large battles is that it is crippling and causing problems to the server. The whole server freezes temporarily sometimes for a 1-3 minutes until the server can finish calculating the battle and resume. That means the entire server and anyone in it is frozen and cannot move around or login for those minutes till the server catches up. It generally is made longer for big battles that contain a lot of rapidfire where the calculations are more. When these huge battles are calculated there have been problems where the battles are not being calculated correctly or things happen to glitch and not all ships are calculated correctly.

Because of these problems we are facing now and that in the future they will get even worse I agree that our fleets be scaled down. How much scaled down of course i dont agree. I need to see some hard numbers on how the number 70% was reached. Will this leave our numbers equal or slightly above that of the other younger servers? I know that at the moment the only advantage that the older servers have on the new ones are that we will have higher techs are we have had more time to research them. But I also imagine that we would have larger fleets than them because weve been playing longer. For mines I have no idea since i believe they are the same cost to build them on all servers. If this is true and they have had a higher output then us I would imagine them to have much higher mines.

I don't believe it to be a fair response to shrink our fleets by a arbitrary number of 70% and putting us in par with the newer servers while we will behind on mine levels.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Another thing to consider is that travel costs for fleet in the newer servers is 5x more than Taurus/Scorpio. Keeping the massive fleets means we all get fancy lawn ornaments. I do think it is an issue, that with higher mines and ship costs, the build strategy focuses more on higher tech, smaller fleet in the newer server, where for T/S it ends up being lower tech, more ships. I know I have spent more time building ships than researching tech.

Not only do player on the newer servers have higher mine costs, that also means their collection potential for raids and debris is that much higher. A player focusing on techs on the newer server as opposed to T/S can gain the res faster to start the research sooner, as well as potentially been able to upgrade their lab higher. There seems that the advantage would go towards the newer server players, as their potential for investing in research is much higher than the potential on T/S.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:38 pm

The devs have also not stated how planet defenses will be affected. Will they be scaled back 70% as well?

With server maintenance already scheduled for tonight, perhaps they should ramp up mine production on Taurus and Scorpio and let us build for this month before the merge, then scale our assets back by the 70% they have chosen. I assume the 70% was agreed upon and that means we keep 10% more ships than scaling it back the full 80%. I do hope that that 10% was not the full compromise.

wwoods1959

Postby wwoods1959 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Having been on Taurus for about a year now, I have worked hard for where I've gotten. I have spent real money to purchase DM and grow. Not only myself but many people have done the same.
It is my understanding that your plan is to reduce our fleets by 70%. However the civil ships will stay the same. I will have more cargoes than Destroyers in that case. It is my understanding that mine output is higher on the other servers you propose merging us with. No, I don't think so. I do not agree with tearing this server apart and taking away from everyone that has spent money in good faith.
This game is an investment for me. I have invested in the game monetarily. You have to look at the large picture. Not just one thing. Please work a bit harder and come up with something better than this that is acceptable. Personally a reduction in fleet is not acceptable.

Why do you not put a round table together of experienced players and work with that. Also if you would list what server we are merging with it would help if we could investigate exactly what goes on.
s99502481 - Admiral Ancient Armada

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinx.frank » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:57 pm

Thank you all for your feedbacks, we will think over your suggestions and keep you updated on this.

wwoods1959

Postby wwoods1959 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:14 pm

I agree with the servers merging. My issue is taking away what I've created. Lets consider instead of the glass half empty, the glass half full principal. It's as easy to take as it is to give. Why not give ships to the non Taurus server?

wwoods1959

Postby wwoods1959 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Raise our ship cost and mine levels commensurate with the other server before we move.

Return to “General Discussion”