Vote for server merging

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Taurus and

Poll ended at Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:29 am

1. yes, i agree
60%
2. No, i don't agree
40%

Total votes: 52

DoctorWho

Re: Vote for server merging

Postby DoctorWho » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:03 am

If you go forward with the fleet scaling, which honestly I have to say that I agree with as long as the right math is involved in their production rates vs ours and their ship cost vs ours, even though a lot of you don't like it I have to say it is fair. Considering you got to pay 1/3 of the price for your fleet I don't see why you would think it was fair that we paid 3x as much and thats ok but you having to get reduced to even it out isn't fair...

If they do the opposite as some of you suggest and buff our fleets to 3x I have to imagine it will only increase strain on the server and I have already heard of a particular battle that literally froze the server... so what happens when you merge several together and multiply the number of ships times 3? Think logically. Also if you move to the new rule set (the one we have been using) you may find you don't want such a big fleet because you can not afford the fuel bill. Just a thought.

SPHINX if you reduce fleets, then you must also keep in mind defensive reductions, no fair if the turtles get off scott free while everyone else is reduced (unless the cost is equal for defenses across servers).

- Doc

Gbrooks

Postby Gbrooks » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:25 am

I have been playing this game for a while. I don't like the idea of loosing 70% of the ships I have spent time and resources building. I also spent a lot of money on dark matter to help me get to a point where i no longer have farming issues. To me that is your greatest problem in the game is loosing new players because of farming. The current glory system doesn't work. There is no real penalty to a level 50 player to not farm a newbie to the point of them quitting. Why can't you make it where if a higher level player attacks a lower level player, that is clearly one sided, they have a harsh penalty. Maybe the penalty could be that they don't get any rewards from the attack. They spend the ships, but cannot claim any resources. We could set it up based upon the some color codes now in the game. If you attack someone that is grey( there level is way below yours). Then you don't get any resources from that attack. But if you attack someone that is green you get a decent amount if you win. And then if some are bold and attack a yellow or red and are successful the. They get a higher reward percentage. It just a thought. I know I almost quit this game because of the farming. I just couldn't gain any ground because the I was getting attacked every day by players that were 40 levels higher than me.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:23 am

Dear devs, don't be discouraged by the negative feedback. We really do want the merge, but we want it to be fair to all players. Once all the terms are worked out to be fair to most of the players, I'm sure you'll see a huge jump in support for the merge.

One thing I think would help is a deeper explanation of your numbers and how you arrived at 70%. While I can see that ship prices are different by a factor of 5 and mine production by a factor of 1.5. However, what we don't believe is that those numbers truly represent the way the game is played. I think if you could provide us with data collected from the servers comparing the percentage of fleet out of a players score, that could really help find and support the scaling percentage. It's easy enough to say that players on Taurus and Scorpio have fleets 70% larger than the newer servers, but that may not be true depending on what tier of player you look at. Say the top 25 players of T/S is 60% fleet. The middle 50 players might be 30% fleet. On the other servers you might find the top 25 to be 50% fleet and the middle 50 might be 40% fleet.
Without taking something like this into account and showing us that you have, we wont be happy with the % you choose.

As a player looking at this merge, we like to see numbers, and lots of them. If it were to be possible to present us with the statistical data that goes into the scaling decision and if any compensation to help ease the resource difference will be applied, it would be much appriciated and would set a lot of minds at ease, knowing the merge is well thought out, and not arbitrarily set.

I also want to thank you for listening to our complaints and suggestions. It is great to see the care and dedication you have towards your player base!

HAWK

Postby HAWK » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:17 pm

↑ This exactly.

Greco

Postby Greco » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:14 pm

I also tend to agree we need hard data to be able to understand what is being proposed. We all understand how you came to the 70% fleet cut but in my view this is an extremely oversimplification of the true picture and there is much more for it to become realistic and complete.

On the assumptions and as provided from players who exist on the newer servers, that:

1. Combat Ships, with the exception of the Death Star, cost 5 times more resources to be built
2. Civil ships cost exactly the same to build
3. Mines produce 50% more output
4. Research costs exactly the same

Then I would expect that for all players on Sagitarius and Taurus
1. Their mines be leveled up by 50% given the available material from output or looting would be higher,
2. Their research levels be increased by 50% for the same reason as above,
3. Their resource levels be increased by 50% for the am reason,
4. Their ships (war & civil) be increased by 50% for the same reason and THEN and only then would ONLY the war ships be cut by 80% (hense your proposal of 70% cut (100 X 1.5/5 = 30)

This is the complete and correct picture of your proposal. Whether it is acceptable by the players is a different discussion. But only once you offer this - in its entirety - can people judge and decide.

Given I don't have the data I used what I had but if any of the assumptions above is incorrect please state so and after providing the actual, I or anyone else would happily redo the math.

Greco

Duncan323

Postby Duncan323 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:50 pm

Taurus and Scorpio must be significantly reduced in fleet size in order to merge with the newer servers. I have heard figures of over a million light fighters as being standard on those servers...if fleets that size are suddenly in competition with the players on newer servers you will likely lose almost every player from newer servers. I know if I see a fleet with over a million ships suddenly in my server I will be quitting this game. The only fair way to do it is merge Scorpio and Taurus into one server then let it die from lack of interest. Don't kill all your other servers just to satisfy the players from those two

S10654394

Postby S10654394 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:12 pm

DoctorWho wrote:If you go forward with the fleet scaling, which honestly I have to say that I agree with as long as the right math is involved in their production rates vs ours and their ship cost vs ours, even though a lot of you don't like it I have to say it is fair. Considering you got to pay 1/3 of the price for your fleet I don't see why you would think it was fair that we paid 3x as much and thats ok but you having to get reduced to even it out isn't fair...

If they do the opposite as some of you suggest and buff our fleets to 3x I have to imagine it will only increase strain on the server and I have already heard of a particular battle that literally froze the server... so what happens when you merge several together and multiply the number of ships times 3? Think logically. Also if you move to the new rule set (the one we have been using) you may find you don't want such a big fleet because you can not afford the fuel bill. Just a thought.

SPHINX if you reduce fleets, then you must also keep in mind defensive reductions, no fair if the turtles get off scott free while everyone else is reduced (unless the cost is equal for defenses across servers).

- Doc

I have to wholeheartedly agree. Very well put.

S1940

Postby S1940 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:16 pm

I have to agree with doc, it will be awesome to have some new blood, even though most of those 2 servers way outnumber even our top players on Virgo. Most those players will still have the upper hand.

Yellowboy

Postby Yellowboy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:47 pm

To be honest I don't see the real problem here. Even the biggest players can be killed by a 5v1 join strike and I'm pretty sure that most of the players knows how to fleet save. If you can't kill them work together. If you can't fight them then run.

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinx.frank » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:25 pm

hi guys, thank you all for your feedbacks and suggestions. we never wanna see any of these servers become inactive no matter they are old or new, that's the reason we had this vote for you. You guys as the players of these servers have the right to make the final call, our decision is up to your choice. so whether to merge or not will be determined by this vote result.

Return to “General Discussion”