Vote for server merging

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Taurus and

Poll ended at Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:29 am

1. yes, i agree
60%
2. No, i don't agree
40%

Total votes: 52

EvilDoomer

Re: Vote for server merging

Postby EvilDoomer » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:05 am

Vote no because why should I give up my fleet to merger I worked hard to build it.
The programmers on this game must never have played online games.

That's what happens when you have different rules on different servers

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:50 pm

@sphinx.frank - I am looking forward to hearing the updated proposal on the server merge. Any hints on when you will think that information will be released?

DoctorWho

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:59 pm

How about if you make the server merge an individual option for each player?

Example: You put a permanent server merge option and server merge faq under news on the old servers, when a player clicks the Merge Server FAQ button, they are presented with the option to merge servers and a full rules comparison, and conversion explanation clearly laid out to agree on before their account gets shifted to the new Super Galaxy. Upon reviewing the new rule set and conversion stipulations and agreeing to the merge all their stuff on their current server gets converted and moved to the new server, their account on the old server goes away and any planets there get deleted from this universe to be filled by other players or to remain empty.

Upon arrival in the new super server the players planets are all clustered together in a single system and they are assigned a relocation card for each planet (not a random one) to let them set up their planets the way they want them as they had time to do that before on their previous server. They are also granted a free shall we say three day bubble to analyze their new surroundings and get their planets all set up before they are worried about incoming attacks and getting wiped.

If you do this, and then do not allow new accounts to be created on the old servers they will die out as people quit and targets dwindle and players will have time to merge at their convenience. While you aren't forcing a merge on those who don't want it, you are highly encouraging it by allowing the 60% of the player base currently that wants to merge to leave the server with the 40% who don't.

Hope this idea was helpful. - Doctor Who

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:11 am

Good idea DoctorWho. I agree, players should be given a choice if they want to merge over - but on a limited basis. I know it's not in the conpanies best interest to have an idle serve, so perhaps allow players the choice to move over to the new serve in the way DoctorWho describes, and leave the two older servers open for a month longer. Players would then have the one month window to merge at their continence, and I'm sure they will merge alliance-by-alliance until most of the active players decide to merge over.

Then, all accounts that have been active in that month prior to the deadline, those accounts get moved over to the new server, while all the remaining inactive accounts are removed when the old servers are shut down.

Regardless how the vote goes, I do think it would be a good idea to merge Taurus and Scorpio. People in these servers are getting bored and I think the server portals plus the merge will keep things interesting till the next big patch is announced.

beppecelesia

Postby beppecelesia » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Assolutamente no

Return to “General Discussion”