recovery ships

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

adam3196

recovery ships

Postby adam3196 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi my recovery ship, they keep going back to debris field planets even when they are empty. I have had multiple times when they return with nothing in them and the go back to the planet again. I can not ask them to return and stay when they are on the way home. I can only catch them when they are on their way back to an empty planet. If a recovery ship returns home empty it should stop going back, don't you think or better yet they should not be going there at all if debris field is empty. just was playing again and found three recovery ships returning home empty. waited and the set back out. I also have another problem I purchased a relocation ticket and moved a planet that I had chosen to small a planet. So I picked a bigger planet. My planets stats stayed the same no changes were made. Is this meant to be this way and if so it should be made clear so that DM is not spend wastefully

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: recovery ships

Postby Talizorah » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:42 am

Hi,

About the relocation cards, they simply move your planet. Planet radius and temp is set once you colonize a planet. The only way to improve the temp and radius (besides PP bonus) is to abandon and re-colonize. The wording on the card is correct. It moves your colony to new coordinates. It does nothing else.

For your recovery ship issue, Recovery works like transport. The ships go to the planet, collect debris if it is there, and return to the planet they were launched from. You can only recall when they are on their way to collect debris. You receive the notification when they reach the planet the debris was around, not when they land back on your planet. Fleets cannot launch if you do not tell them to, nor is the recovery option available on a planet with no debris.

Please let me know if you have any additional issues with debris recovery.

-Tali

adam3196

Postby adam3196 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:12 pm

I may have not made my self clear on first post, my issue is arriving from feature where recovery ships continue to return to planet multiple times till all resources are gone. They seem to sometimes continue to the target even when it no longer has debris. I have found it will do this one time. then stay at home base. I just would like to see ship no longer return as soon as debris is not there... I am trying to zoom on to issue. It may be that at time ship is returning there is some scrap that is collected moments after take off from home world. then a full launch sequence commences when there is nothing there. It would be nice if once a ship is sent after a source of debris that it was designated to that ship. I don't know if this is what is designed or if its first come first serve bases. We I suspect to be the case. If this is the case then it would be nice if ships sent to retrieve said resources would stop in stride when the target is no longer there.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Ah, yes this is as intended. Debris is only needed to be around the planet to launch the fleet. The recs will continue on even if the someone else beats you to the debris. It is just like if someone were to FS their res on the planet, and your ships would automatically come back without hitting; the player could just recall and avoid your attack completely. This same idea could apply to debris as well. With the current system, there is a chance to make more debris even if the first amount was fully recovered by some one else. Because recs move so slow, by the time they reach the planet, more debris could have been made.

Alternately, if you want to recover all the debris from a player without giving them a chance, simply launch a single ship well ahead of your main fleet to create a small amount of debris, then launch all of your recs. By the time your fleet makes the real debris, your recs wont be but minutes behind.

adam3196

Postby adam3196 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:23 am

Thank you for the clarity and also explaining how the debris fields were being picked clean so fast.

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”