Server time (local time)

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Malware

Server time (local time)

Postby Malware » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:16 pm

My suggestion is to change the time of the game from server time to local time.
The hours and minutes should be loaded from the devide data or adapted with server time + local gmt.

Thank you in advance

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: Server time (local time)

Postby Talizorah » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:45 pm

It's an interesting idea, however, if you are in an alliance with players from multiple time zones (for example, I have been in an alliance with players from all 5 US time zones, China, Australia, Africa, and several different EU countries at the same time) I think having the server time being consistent across all players allows for more accurate coordination, and leaves out human error when trying to convert local time to a common time zone.

As of right now, server time is Pacific Time. Saying you want to organize an attack when a player is offline at 08:00, to me, everyone can see when 08:00 is server time, instead of saying you want to attack at 11:00am EST, as each player then has to convert EST to GMT to their own time zone.

This is just my personal opinion on the issue :D

-Tali

Malware

Re: Server time (local time)

Postby Malware » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Right Tali,

I agree with you.
I have not considered the possibility to organize attack togerher players of other countries.

Thank you
Siri

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”