Global chat

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Blacklight

Global chat

Postby Blacklight » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:06 am

I was wondering if English is the only language allowed, mainly because its an English game and its stops players cursing in other languages.

Malware

Re: Global chat

Postby Malware » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:17 am

Hi Blacklight
My suggestion is a little different.
Create one English server and one International server.
English servers should be available only for English devices.

Other opinions?

Silentmonk

Postby Silentmonk » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:19 am

My alliance has many members from all over the world, English is a way for most people to communicate but this is a world game with many people. I have members that don't speak English

Malware

Postby Malware » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:40 am

Ok, maybe English servers displayed on all devices, but if this is an English server, yes, English should be the language spoken.
I don't mean your allies can't play, they can play and write on alliance chat, but on global chat they should speak english. I say this just because there are only english servers. There aren't international servers.

But there aren't rules regarding this at the moment.

Blacklight

Postby Blacklight » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:45 am

I totally agree its a world game I just wanted to know whats what, other games take the English only stance. A couple of different nationalities have made their own alliance so i see that being a trend. Global should be english if possible but everyone needs help i guess :)

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Support Team » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Hey guys, we can not rule them on the language they speak in global chat or private chat. What we are trying to do is to add language pack for you to choose, and may open server of other languages, that would help to solve the language problem.
Still, ruling them using one language is a bad idea. We recommand you using English since this is a English server and everbody chat in English in Global Chat. If we open server of other language, then we recommand them using that language in global chat.

Malware

Postby Malware » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:17 am

Ok.
But why not change from "English" to "International" the description of our two servers?
Sure they are for all players, but if on global chat all players can speak all lamguages, in my opinion is better mark servers as international

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Support Team » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 am

No. If we would like to define the Official chatting language of the current two servers, they should belongs to English Server. But we can not rule them only speaking English in global chat. We recommend them speaking English, and may tell them to speak English in global chat. But still we could not rule them, that's for sure.

Bibliophile

Postby Bibliophile » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Even with the servers being labeled international the primary language is usually English. At night for those in the America's it often changes to the second most prominent language.

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”