About protection for new players

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

About protection for new players

Postby Support Team » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:52 pm

For currently, we know the game force player to attack for resources, but new players need space for breathing, gowning up, standing a chance to fight back, we know there is something wrong, we need some suggestion about this, if you have any idea please follow this thread.

Thank you!

Ares

Re: About protection for new players

Postby Ares » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:54 pm

This is a great post that deserved to be brought up, I think a new player upon starting the missions should be granted a 48 hour shield from all probes and attacks. This helps the player grow to defend himself/herself and valuable time to get to know the game and the fabulous players that play it.

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Support Team » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:59 pm

New player being shielded for 72 hours already for now.

MrWafflez

Postby MrWafflez » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:00 am

I feel that the 72 hour protection is not adequate for anyone to defend themselves and prepare themselves for even a small attack. I feel it needs to be extended to a week. This would allow new players to get acquainted to the game mechanics and allow for them to understand more how the game is played and for them to get a decent size defence fleet prepared. One thing I am dissapointed with is how u completely changed the quest rewards since I did them. The beginner quests when I did then gave 20 of each ship for building the first one of them and some other sizable rewards. I don't know why u decided to change this to giving one ship and scaling back the rewards but in my opinion it was a bad idea and it had made it verry difficult for any new players starting

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Support Team » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:03 am

Hum ?? We have not changed any quest reward recently

MrWafflez

Postby MrWafflez » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:13 am

It may not have been recently but when I joined like the week after the game came out the quest rewards really helped to get a decent fleet started. I remember having almost 1000 ships and defences just from quests by the time I had cruisers. When I made a second account like 2 weeks ago the ammount of ships I had and the same quest was not even 300. I'm not sure when the quest change occurred but I know at some period within that month or so it did.

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”