Reserch

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

MrWafflez

Reserch

Postby MrWafflez » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:29 am

Ok so I have an issue with how reserch works. How is it we can build on every planet at the same time and build ships on every planet at the same time yet we can only do one reserch at a time no matter how many planets we have ? This seems a little odd to me. My suggestion would be to either let us to make the reserch like the building and do a reserch on every planet we own or change the way reserch bonus is given and stack the bonus if we have more than 1 reserch building built. Like if we have 4 level 8 reserch building give us like 5% bonus per level so 160% bonus total for reserch. Right now it's almost useless to have more than one reserch building

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: Reserch

Postby Support Team » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Would like to hear more from other players' opinions. Is this trouble you guys a lot? Let me know.

Bibliophile

Postby Bibliophile » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:51 am

Personally this hasnt been an issue for me because I'm always low in res... But for the future this would be my suggestion

Allow each planet to research it's own tech.

If you have 2 planets and only 1 is researching the planet that isn't researching can assist the main planet (for a price, 10k gas + 1/10 of research cost for a 10% time reduction?)
Each planet can only do one type of research at a time. Primary or secondary. Perhaps a Max of 5 secondary planers for one tech at a time?

This is the first idea that came to mind when I saw your... I'll double check in the morning to see if I missed something obvious...

Kykolka2000

Postby Kykolka2000 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:17 am

It does make sense for us to be able to utilize the research buildings we build on each planet by doing multiple tech upgrades at a time. What's the point of having multiple labs if you can only use one at a time.

intrinsic

Postby intrinsic » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:48 am

Just a thought...In AstroEmpires, a player can perform research independently on different planets. Eventually he or she can research Tachyon Communications. Each level of Tachyon research allows the creation of a research network link between 2 bases. This effectively merges the research capacity of two bases so that research happens faster.

HAWK

Postby HAWK » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:11 am

Rather then researching a new technology on each planet i like the idea of being able to combine labs from other planets. Such as a Intergalaxtic Research Network. Lets say you just researched this new Tech. Each level allows you to add one more lab to the network from other planets. Perhaps one of the prerequisites for this skill at lvl 0 - 1 would be having a research lab lvl 10. With this skill it would reduce the the research time of by adding all the labs together to put their full research.

I believe this has a better long term use then being able to research new techs at each lab independently. When you get to higher level in the game the skills become much harder to get resources for and I dont see people using researching multiple techs after they start seeing the resources go to a couple of millions of resource for each one.

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”