Unable to restore game password!

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Anakin89

Re: Unable to restore game password!

Postby Anakin89 » Fri May 09, 2014 3:34 am

I am having the same issue and it just will not send me the email to reset my pass word

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Fri May 09, 2014 8:21 am

Hi Anakin,

What device are you using? If you are connected to wifi, try connecting to a different wifi network or using data network if on a device that has that ability.

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Thu May 15, 2014 11:09 pm

I am also having an issue with restoring my game password. It's not sending the links correctly or something. I'm getting an 1016SMTP error when I try to reset my password and I even tried it on my computer and it wouldn't work. The email is natenate5454@aol.com

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Fri May 16, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Hermes, what device are you using? The error looks like it's most likely a connection error from your device.

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Fri May 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Talizorah wrote:Hi Hermes, what device are you using? The error looks like it's most likely a connection error from your device.

Galaxy S3 running CM 10.1.3 and android 4.2.2

The strange thing is I copied the link that was given to me to reset the password and tried resetting it using chrome and I got the same error. I disconnected from the WiFi and I was still getting the same error. The really strange thing is that I tried resetting the password before and it said it was successful but then I never received an email. I checked the email to make sure that it was correct and everything.

Edit: For some reason I was able to get the password reset to work for me. No idea if I did anything different.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Mon May 19, 2014 1:47 am

Hi guys,

Got an update on these error codes. If you get a 1002 error code it means you put in an invalid account name. Best bet is to check that you do not have caps lock on as it is case sensitive.

If you continuously receive the 1016 error, please send an email to support@sphinxjoy.com explaining that it is the 1016 error, include your commander name and server, and attach a screenshot of the error. They should be able to help get your password recovered from there.

If you guys have any additional issues recovering your password, please post here and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

-Tali

Shep

Postby Shep » Mon May 26, 2014 5:20 am

having the same problem here.
would like to know what "other method" you used to solve the problem.
also using an android device - and want to use an app player on my pc

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Mon May 26, 2014 10:06 am

Hi Shep,

What is the error code you are getting? If it is the 1016, please contact support via the email address above to restore your password and include a screenshot of the error code as well as your commander name and server so they can correct this issue.

Mako372

Postby Mako372 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:32 am

I've been away for awhile and I had 2 accounts that I cant remember the passwords for and I no longer have the email associated with them. Anything I can do to get those back?

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:01 am

Without the ability to access the email addresses associated with the accounts, it may not be possible to recover the accounts. Please contact support@sphinxjoy.com with your account names, commander names and server(s) you played on, and a brief description (no longer having the email addresses), and they will let you know if there are other methods of account recovery. Unfortunately, your best bet would be to try and recover your email accounts, and send the reset info that way.

Also double check that you are entering the GaW account names accurately. I believe it is case sensitive.
Best of luck!
-Tali

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”