solar plant and fusion reactor

New players of Galaxy At War can find helps here.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

solar plant and fusion reactor

Postby Support Team » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 am

fusion reactor
fusion.jpg
fusion.jpg (369.89 KiB) Viewed 7042 times

solar plant
solar.jpg
solar.jpg (388.44 KiB) Viewed 7042 times

DoctorWho

Re: solar plant and fusion reactor

Postby DoctorWho » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Thank you for this, can you also clarify if either or both reactors are, or will be affected by the Energy Tech ?

In other games I have played like this one it affected the Fusion Generator only, was a way to offset the fact that it used gas to produce power, also it made the Energy Tech useful past a certain point where it no no longer unlocked upgrades.

DoctorWho

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:56 pm

These numbers are completely unrealistic, and the game is completely unbalanced in favor of the Solar Generator.

Example you need 7.7k power

Fusion Lvl required 21 (7,770 Power supplied)
Total Cost 413,041,053
(This is total cost including all resources no conversion, keep it in mind because gas and crystal are more valuable than metal)

Solar Lvl required 28 (8,076 Power supplied)
Total Cost 35,793,111
(This is total cost including all resources no conversion, keep it in mind because gas and crystal are more valuable than metal, I will point out here that Solar = 0 gas cost to build OR maintain)

So not only does it cost you 10x as much in base resources to get the needed power, one also uses a ton of gas in production (51,630,132 not counting the gas it eats while running to produce power which is more base cost than the whole Solar build...).

Why would anyone build Fusion Reactors?!?!

Please implement Energy Tech to affect fusion power, I have left my suggestion for the formula in feedback in game.

Thanks Team,

- Doctor Who

zNoodles

Postby zNoodles » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:19 pm

For all that calculating, at least the game's support team could've acknowledged the post.
Plus he has a good point.

Nihilox

Postby Nihilox » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:41 am

To be honest, Fusion reactor never was profitable in other games. In this game could be, because of max slots in a planet.

In your main planet you have 163, so if you build plant, you spend more slots than if you build fusion reactor, but you need also gas plant. But you get more energy. What is better?

In other games you have Solar Satellite, which give you power, between 15 and 50 according the temperature in your planet, so, a planet in position 1 get the max energy from Solar Satellite and less Gas, but a planet in position 15 get the max gas and the minimun power from Solar Satellite.

As a result of Solar Satellite, you dont need to improve a lot of your solar plant, maybe lvl 21 or 22 at maximum and you have around 500/400 satellites giving you the power which can be destroyed.

So in this game, COULD BE useful to build a fusion reactor, but i dont think so, even position 15 with around 130 slots, is a bad option. The best planets are between 4-6 and there the gas has a normal production.

If we enter in late game absolutly is a good option, but in early/mid game around 100k to 5kk of points is not good.

Then, i think they can add the Solar Satellite in this game to help the lack of power.

About the topic, as i said, plant > reactor in mid game. Even in late could be better the solar plant, only would be profitable if you have sometimes in position 15 a planet with 180 slots at maximum.

Return to “New Players Forum”