Change name S.....

New players of Galaxy At War can find helps here.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Raincrow

Re: Change name S.....

Postby Raincrow » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Yeah I am a little frustrated with this too. We re able to change the names of planets but our avatar. Kind of rare ,but not unheard of. I seem to recall a bit of a challenge in Star trek online after PWE took aver. Anyway I sose I'll prove I am serious by planet names and glory!

Would like to have the one time option though, would even spend dark matter or that ruticul...whatever crystal.

Anyway fun game on my phone sucking the battery right on down if left on in back ground!

Cheers, Raincrow, aka rc 8-)

Sengorn Leopardae

Postby Sengorn Leopardae » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:55 pm

Greetings, since it is a matter of simply altering a few files that doesn't affect game mechanics, I see why there should be no.reason a commander couldn't just change thier name for a small fee of dark matter, say 100?

Siriq

Postby Siriq » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:07 pm

I am wondering why a high lvl premium player "Wartsila" leader of Angels of Death on server Scorpio was able to have his name changed to "Death Inc" when support said name changes were not allowed. Has rules changed? Are we able to request name changes now? Or do those who spend big get special treatment?

madkickerass

Postby madkickerass » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Okay my situation.. A put kickerass name on my game lol and people mute me 99 999 hours because my name is offenssant..

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:35 pm

If you are muted for an inappropriate name, you can send a message via ingame feedback to request a name change. Why it is not a game feature to change your name? Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that.

Sengorn Leopardae

Postby Sengorn Leopardae » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:28 am

Why the heck can't names be constantly changed? Shouldn't be any more difficult than planets changing names. Yeah, it'd be hard to catch spies or keep track of hostile players, but that just makes it mire interesting.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:06 pm

From what I understand, the system is designed based on the commander name. I really don't know why it isn't easier to change your commander name, but just that if a change is required, it can be accommodated.

litlwillie

Postby litlwillie » Thu May 28, 2015 4:55 pm

Yeah, the line that a commander name can not be changed once it has been created is a lie. I have a second account in which I was muted for inappropriate commander name. I contacted the devs and asked that that my commander name be changed and that I be un-muted. They asked me what I would like as my new name. It was changed. So, COMMANDER NAMES CAN BE CHANGED!!!! Just not by the commander.

As I said in an earlier post there ought to be a ONE TIME name change granted to those players who are stuck with an Sxxxxxxxx name. It can be done!

Sengorn Leopardae

Postby Sengorn Leopardae » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:53 pm

I also play another game extremely similar to gaw, There it lets you change your name for 20dm. I absolutely love that function.

Wolfdreamer

Postby Wolfdreamer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi all,
This is not meant to disrespect anyone but I find it hard to believe that a game with dev like the ones made up this game can't make it possible to change the player names for those players that at the moment are stuck with randomly generated names---especially since its these same modes that installed the random generator in the first place and set it up so there is a greater chance of a player ending up with a random name just by a miss-click

Return to “New Players Forum”