Unfair battle

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Geoffrionium

Unfair battle

Postby Geoffrionium » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:23 pm

I've seen too many players who rage and quit GAW about unfair battle!!!! Is that normal that a 260 000 points is able to target a 35 000 points players!?!?!! Is the battle issue will be fair!?!? Not really. The guys with the quarter points of his opponent will never win and will be a free farm to the other!! There must me a limit that a player can target a lower opponents because so many players quit and the game is not really enjoying when it happen to you! Thanks to make a change rapidly :)

Dev Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: Unfair battle

Postby Dev Team » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:29 pm

We are working to solve the problems of the new player gaming experience,especially the problem of excessive attack.
Although take care of the experience of the offensive and defensive side is a very difficult thing.
but improve the game experience is the core goal in the near future of dev team.

When we have a definite design, we will inform you immediately.

Geoffrionium

Postby Geoffrionium » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Is there any action will be take!?!? Because im always attacked by guys with 200 or over 320 000 points..... I only have 50 000 and no buble protection for my planets appear after beeing destroyed completly!!!! I love this game but i dont want to think about quitting game with so many abuse

Bibliophile

Postby Bibliophile » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:37 pm

Attacking is part of the game. Yes, the 5x score range can be annoying at times and the no bubble sounds like a bug, but there are ways to avoid getting attacked. Fleet saving is the most common and most effective.... Are you even attempting it? If do it correctly you will never be profitable enough for anyone to want to attack you.... I still get attacked regularly on my server but only because I make people mad... I have made people waste well over 100k gas in the last week... Eventually they run out of gas or give up...

Picon

Postby Picon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:38 pm

The thing that limits the score requirement to 5x above or below your score only works for people with 49,999 score and below. At 50k your free game which sucks. That needs to change because this is the reason Virgo is dying, because of excessive farming. Devs if you want this game to survive something needs to change about it in the new servers

Dev Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Dev Team » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:30 pm

We are working on a new system wich we called honor system.
This system mainly let weak palery avoid repeatedly attacked in order to provide more protection for weak players.
We will tell you the first time when we finsih it.

Bibliophile

Postby Bibliophile » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:12 am

Dev Team wrote:We are working on a new system wich we called honor system.
This system mainly let weak palery avoid repeatedly attacked in order to provide more protection for weak players.
We will tell you the first time when we finsih it.

Please be very careful when implementing this. I believe it has tremendous potential for abuse. If it is based upon fleet strength a player who was just wiped would have a grace period (not a bad thing) but what about those players who haven't built a fleet at 50,100,200k score? They would be unfairly protected as they would rather grow in peace. If based upon win/loss ratio there would be the problem of those who don't attack much, only attacking very good targets. While being unfair to newer players who have attacked a lot while under 50k and are suddenly bashed about over 50k score. If the honor system was based upon pvp score it would be least abusable in most cases. However pvp score varies greatly. I have seen people with 1/2 my score have the same pvp as I and also people with 5x my score with less then me. This would protect again, those who aren't interested in war... You may have a better idea of this then I , I hope so. But I strongly advise you to be careful... Even to perhaps open a test server for who would like to help with development and testing of ideas such as this. (I'd love to) also, please disable the honor system for players who have gone inactive... They are a wonderful res source which I would rather not lose.

Picon

Postby Picon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:08 am

Dev team you need to implement this, there is no potential for abuse because pnly people who farm excessively will oppose to this. Everyone else will accept it so don't listen to the farmers and listen to the people

Bibliophile

Postby Bibliophile » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:41 am

Picon wrote:Dev team you need to implement this, there is no potential for abuse because pnly people who farm excessively will oppose to this. Everyone else will accept it so don't listen to the farmers and listen to the people

I do not farm. And yet I appose this. It CAN be abused. If it's implemented I will attempt to abuse it to prove my point.

Bibliophile

Postby Bibliophile » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:54 am

I have since looked you up in game. No wonder you want this implemented... I challenge you to find one person who actually attacks that supports this idea without lots of testing and tweaking.

image.png
image.png (136.57 KiB) Viewed 3469 times

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”