Suggestion: Have more weekly Xtreme Quests

You can report Bug/Issue in the game. Give us your feedback about Game of Summoner and ideas for new features.

Moderator: GOS Moderator

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Suggestion: Have more weekly Xtreme Quests

Postby 1stSpade » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:20 am

Lately the quests has been less and less interesting and it has been fewer of them. This makes players less active and is not good for the game at all. You should go the other way around. Also, when 2 of 3 are purely dependent on gem spending tasks and the last is a login event, there is not one active thing players has to do. This is simply not good enough and will chase players away.

You have had a lot of good quests earlier. Make more of those and add new ones.

And last: The prize for spending 4000 gems this week is a random Legendary. A random Legendary is something only a beginner needs. For players that has played more than a few months only a selected few Legendary heroes are attractive and for veterans it is very often only the Legendary you can't even get on a random legendary draw that is attractive. Spending 3000 or more gems should always give you something really good. At least make it so your customers can select Legendary souls or crystals instead of a useless Legendary draw.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

http://www.1stspade.com

Rezzik

Re: Suggestion: Have more weekly Xtreme Quests

Postby Rezzik » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Wow! I just typed a book, my IPad died from low battery, and it's all gone. So I guess I'm doing it again.

Spade, I wanted to expand upon my comments a few days ago on your quest about making higher goals for the weekly quests. I was short of time then, so I didn't say much at the time.

And yes, the weekly quests from the past few weeks have been disappointing. And there has been discussion in both of my guilds as to how discouraging they are.

And now, I'll expand on my views of making the weekly quests have higher goals.

First, I'll start by saying that when i see the term "Xtreme" , I think of things that are above average, difficult to achieve, and something that takes an extra effort to achieve. And, except for the gem spending goals, they are all pretty routine events.

Examples;

Gold spending quest - for those over level 90, spending 4 million a week should not really be much of a challenge. I think there should be higher spending goals of 8, 12, 16, and 20 million. For the highest level, the reward should be a choice of 4 Legends that change with each time the event is ran. Very few would be able to achieve this, and even then, not very often, but it would be a higher goal and definitely not routine.

Gold mines - this is what I'd like to call the Zombie quest. The normal 60 gold mines is pretty lame. About every 3 hours you can attack 5 gold mines. So if you made that every 3.5 hours, it would make about 35 per day, and with 7 days a week, it would make 245. So, setting higher goals like 90, 120, 180, and 240 would work. And to be fair to the weaker teams! It should be gold mines attacked and not gold mines won. And since it would be a difficult quest to achieve at the highest goals, a choice of 4 Legends would be appropriate as well for the top level.

Dragons treasures - there should be a goal of 147 for those who defeat all in the week. A moderate reward would be appropriate since it's still not that difficult to achieve. Also a goal of 168 should be offered for those who had the foresight to re-set the treasures at the end of one week, but didn't actually fight them until the quest was in place the following week. Again a moderate reward, but better than the 147 reward.

This next one is more of a new idea and it could provide a very interesting dynamic in Empress. It would be for battles won during the week where you are the attacker (defensive wins would not count). The rewards would have to be where they would be tempting to those at the top (and could be different for those at the different levels of Empress). There is the possibility of 120 wins per week, so that would be the highest goal. But in order to achieve this, you would have to purposely set your defense lower so that you have to constantly climb back up. You would lose gems and evolution stones in the process of doing so, but it would be offset by the rewards. Probably change the rewards to soul codex or refined ore or awakening stones, so how you fought Empress would be determined by what your team needed most. But mostly it would allow the lower ranked players a different way to catch up with the leaders since those at the bottom would probably automatically go for the weekly goal instead of going for a higher rank.

This last idea would require a lot of thought before implementing since the game in general needs a balance between the players needing hope to encourage them that they can preform better tomorrow than they are today, and the fact that the game exists because some of them spend money. Having more hope could encourage them to spend more money and get there quicker, but making it too easy to get there in free ways goes against that.

I'll add more extreme quest ideas if I think of them

Rezzik

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:51 am

Rezzik wrote:Wow! I just typed a book, my IPad died from low battery, and it's all gone. So I guess I'm doing it again.

Spade, I wanted to expand upon my comments a few days ago on your quest about making higher goals for the weekly quests. I was short of time then, so I didn't say much at the time.

And yes, the weekly quests from the past few weeks have been disappointing. And there has been discussion in both of my guilds as to how discouraging they are.

And now, I'll expand on my views of making the weekly quests have higher goals.

First, I'll start by saying that when i see the term "Xtreme" , I think of things that are above average, difficult to achieve, and something that takes an extra effort to achieve. And, except for the gem spending goals, they are all pretty routine events.

Examples;

Gold spending quest - for those over level 90, spending 4 million a week should not really be much of a challenge. I think there should be higher spending goals of 8, 12, 16, and 20 million. For the highest level, the reward should be a choice of 4 Legends that change with each time the event is ran. Very few would be able to achieve this, and even then, not very often, but it would be a higher goal and definitely not routine.

Gold mines - this is what I'd like to call the Zombie quest. The normal 60 gold mines is pretty lame. About every 3 hours you can attack 5 gold mines. So if you made that every 3.5 hours, it would make about 35 per day, and with 7 days a week, it would make 245. So, setting higher goals like 90, 120, 180, and 240 would work. And to be fair to the weaker teams! It should be gold mines attacked and not gold mines won. And since it would be a difficult quest to achieve at the highest goals, a choice of 4 Legends would be appropriate as well for the top level.

Dragons treasures - there should be a goal of 147 for those who defeat all in the week. A moderate reward would be appropriate since it's still not that difficult to achieve. Also a goal of 168 should be offered for those who had the foresight to re-set the treasures at the end of one week, but didn't actually fight them until the quest was in place the following week. Again a moderate reward, but better than the 147 reward.

This next one is more of a new idea and it could provide a very interesting dynamic in Empress. It would be for battles won during the week where you are the attacker (defensive wins would not count). The rewards would have to be where they would be tempting to those at the top (and could be different for those at the different levels of Empress). There is the possibility of 120 wins per week, so that would be the highest goal. But in order to achieve this, you would have to purposely set your defense lower so that you have to constantly climb back up. You would lose gems and evolution stones in the process of doing so, but it would be offset by the rewards. Probably change the rewards to soul codex or refined ore or awakening stones, so how you fought Empress would be determined by what your team needed most. But mostly it would allow the lower ranked players a different way to catch up with the leaders since those at the bottom would probably automatically go for the weekly goal instead of going for a higher rank.

This last idea would require a lot of thought before implementing since the game in general needs a balance between the players needing hope to encourage them that they can preform better tomorrow than they are today, and the fact that the game exists because some of them spend money. Having more hope could encourage them to spend more money and get there quicker, but making it too easy to get there in free ways goes against that.

I'll add more extreme quest ideas if I think of them

Rezzik

You have a lot of good suggestions here. I think it might be too much for the average player and even for most hard core players. But having hard quests is good. But I don't like that you have to do quests that gives no room for sleep as you suggest for the Gold mines. That will just make people worn out and eventually quit I think.

The suggestion for Empress is interesting, and it needs to be adjusted very well. At least I think there are a few ways this could be done and it would open for some thinking and creativity.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

Rezzik

Postby Rezzik » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:06 am

I'm not suggesting taking away the current goals or rewards, I'm just talking about adding these to them. So, if someone were to hit the current goals, they would get the same rewards as they do now.

And on the gold mine one, just like the gems spending goal that is there each week, it does not need to be completed, none of the quests is required of anyone, they would just be there for those that want to go above and beyond.

Personally, I'd never try to go for 240. I would be way better off working a little more and buying the gems to get the heros. But some of the players may want to choose to go for a challenge such as this and they may be at a place in life that it wouldn't crash their life. I'm not sure anyone would do it more than once. But, it would be an extreme challenge.

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Rezzik wrote:I'm not suggesting taking away the current goals or rewards, I'm just talking about adding these to them. So, if someone were to hit the current goals, they would get the same rewards as they do now.

And on the gold mine one, just like the gems spending goal that is there each week, it does not need to be completed, none of the quests is required of anyone, they would just be there for those that want to go above and beyond.

Personally, I'd never try to go for 240. I would be way better off working a little more and buying the gems to get the heros. But some of the players may want to choose to go for a challenge such as this and they may be at a place in life that it wouldn't crash their life. I'm not sure anyone would do it more than once. But, it would be an extreme challenge.

I'm just afraid of the possible consequences. Just being awake for 24 hours as I did in the start for the BOSS was bad enough. If there was a super hard one, I would do too much to stay awake myself. I just can't help myself :)

First we need to get the regular ones back at least. These last 3 weeks has been very boring! The more quests, the better!
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

Rezzik

Postby Rezzik » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Yes, a return of the older type weekly quests would be nice.

But I remembered another one

Stamina - to use 1600 stamina is not much of a challenge. Between the 240 you can get in a day, plus the 100 bonus, that comes to 340 per day. At the lower levels, you have to log in a couple times a day to use it all, but at 150 you can log in just once a day and plunder a bunch of times, and it's all used up. So, in all, not extreme at all. I think the a better goal should require at least one potion a day, so 400 usage in all per day, so that should be 2800 per week. And even the 2800 per week isn't that difficult to pull off, so only a moderate reward would apply. And a higher goal or 2 would be fine as well. So the normal goals plus goals of 2200, 2800, 3500, and then an extreme one for all the free stamina plus the use of maximum stamina potions per day. So, that would be (7 x 340) + (30 x 60 x 7) = 14980. So an even 15,000 would be the top extreme goal. It would require the use of some gems for more stamina, but if you had the potions, it would be possible. A sizable reward (again, choice of 4 Legends would be good or at least some blank legendary souls) would be appropriate since it would take some time and effort to get that many potions.

ProvidenceG

Postby ProvidenceG » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 pm

I think this thread is much needed, good job Spade. It seems like this game might be slowly fading with what I've been noticing the past month. To state again, SphinxJoy you are losing players more than gaining by structuring events the way they are. Starting out as a "free player" if you offer the nice weekly quests as you did last year it will help establish a loyalty. They will pour time into the game and eventually spend some money to try to catchup with the top 50 or so players in the game. Also, the July 4th Independence Day announced on your facebook page was disappointing. We haven't had an event in several months. It would be nice to get an event again. Thanks

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:36 am

ProvidenceG wrote:I think this thread is much needed, good job Spade. It seems like this game might be slowly fading with what I've been noticing the past month. To state again, SphinxJoy you are losing players more than gaining by structuring events the way they are. Starting out as a "free player" if you offer the nice weekly quests as you did last year it will help establish a loyalty. They will pour time into the game and eventually spend some money to try to catchup with the top 50 or so players in the game. Also, the July 4th Independence Day announced on your facebook page was disappointing. We haven't had an event in several months. It would be nice to get an event again. Thanks

What you point out here is very much the point, ProvG. New players start to play for free since it's a lot of things to do and later they spend money. With no fun tasks they leave before they spend any money.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

Rezzik

Postby Rezzik » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:58 am

I had also thought of a new arena idea.

It would be a 2 part arena kind of like Empress, except it would involve only heros of certain rarities

One part would be team battles, it would be the best 3 of 5. But each team could only include heros of a single rarity. So you would have one team of each; common, uncommon, rare, epic, and legend.

The other part would be best 2 of 3 times 5 and overall best 3 of 5. So it be kinda like the finals of Peak, except there would be 5 groups of 3 that you would set up, each battle would be a one on one, and you would set up a group of 3 for each rarity, with the best 3 of 5 groups winning.

It would breath new life into the heros of all rarities. A fate system could be enacted on the lower heros as well. The veteran players would probably already have all the fates on the commons and uncommons, but they would be easy for anyone to obtain. Unfortunately for the veterans, they would probably have already sold the rares that they would want to use, so they would have to obtain them again. Some players wouldn't even be able to field an Epic or especially a Legend team, but with best 3 of 5, that wouldn't necessarily mean that they would lose. Currently, people only get excited when the developers add a new Legend, this could open the developers back up to people getting excited about any new hero.

Any thoughts?

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:10 am

Rezzik wrote:I had also thought of a new arena idea.

It would be a 2 part arena kind of like Empress, except it would involve only heros of certain rarities

One part would be team battles, it would be the best 3 of 5. But each team could only include heros of a single rarity. So you would have one team of each; common, uncommon, rare, epic, and legend.

The other part would be best 2 of 3 times 5 and overall best 3 of 5. So it be kinda like the finals of Peak, except there would be 5 groups of 3 that you would set up, each battle would be a one on one, and you would set up a group of 3 for each rarity, with the best 3 of 5 groups winning.

It would breath new life into the heros of all rarities. A fate system could be enacted on the lower heros as well. The veteran players would probably already have all the fates on the commons and uncommons, but they would be easy for anyone to obtain. Unfortunately for the veterans, they would probably have already sold the rares that they would want to use, so they would have to obtain them again. Some players wouldn't even be able to field an Epic or especially a Legend team, but with best 3 of 5, that wouldn't necessarily mean that they would lose. Currently, people only get excited when the developers add a new Legend, this could open the developers back up to people getting excited about any new hero.

Any thoughts?

I had a similar suggestion around two years ago. When the game was new and players had a lot of different heroes it made sense. As you say, now a lot of veterans have sold the rare heroes and starting to build them again seems pretty boring to me. Uncommon and Common heroes don't have fate and also have less skills. So they are also quite boring to build to be honest. In my old suggestion I had other things to sort of like having pure warrior rounds or pure red hero rounds and a lot more like female only, Epic only, 9 vs. 9 heroes etc. I think that would be more fun still as the bad classes are useless for all other than this specifically.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”