Changing of the Defense Tactics

Discuss anything about Game of Summoner.

Moderator: GOS Moderator

GuentherLR

Changing of the Defense Tactics

Postby GuentherLR » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:54 am

Been noticing a lot of the top say 50 players are changing their new arena defenses to single characters or very low power teams..not sure what that is about.
Currently Full 5DxqsP

ReversedArcana

Re: Changing of the Defense Tactics

Postby ReversedArcana » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:15 pm

Well, think of it this way: If the Devs are dicking down the weak players, why should we?
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you..."

RevenantArcana [ 5Gfj4P ]

Americanec

Postby Americanec » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Do you want to spend more time playing the game?
If you put one character will be more easy for everybody :)
Sorry for my English ..
a5nNnB is my invitation code.

GuentherLR

Postby GuentherLR » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Looks like some are doing it this round like myself while others who were doing it last round are not
Currently Full 5DxqsP

ReversedArcana

Postby ReversedArcana » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:15 pm

We watched out for the little guy, because hey, someone had to.
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you..."

RevenantArcana [ 5Gfj4P ]

Golgo9

Postby Golgo9 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:44 am

Not only it helps other players, but it also helps YOU !

They reworked matchmaking so that you'd be up against player with more or less the same amount of points.
Let's divide the diamond division into 3 tiers :

Top tier : level 150 summonners who have been playing a long time. Average team power ranges from 32k to 34k, most of the heroes in their team are maxed out and they probably have some other good alternate heroes used when facing unusual comps. Eg : 1st Spade, biu piu piu... (although they could belong in the "god" tier :D)

Mid tier (where I belong) : summonners from level 135 to 150, pretty functionnal team but they need time to max out their heroes and struggle to win against top tier players (although it can happen if we're talking lower-top tier) without the powerful strike feature (which can get expensive if you overuse it). In this tier you will find Serpentine, me, and say ReverseArcana (although in my opinion he's in between mid an top tier).

Low tier : players who just reached level 120 and are getting fked by pretty much everyone else in Diamond. Not much of a challenge for mid tier players, it doesn't seem like they have enough firepower to get into the finals.

Extra tier (afk tier) : players who stopped playing and only serve the purpose of giving you some easy wins on your first 10 matches.

Top tier players shouldn't have any issues reaching the final, but after the matchmaking update I find it harder to get to the finals as a mid-tier player because the higher I get the better the chances are that my brackets are composed of 4 top tier players and one mid tier player (and since I'm not the n°1 mid tier it's not 100% sure that I win this one match). Which means growth will be extremely slow if I don't use powerstrike but I don't wanna waste all my gems only to get gems that I will then waste the week after.

By making a low level team, not only do I help other people climb up faster, but it actually also helps me in the process since it will help low tier players climb up so that I can step on their face to get points.

All in all I like that low power teams are spreading but I don't see any reason why Sphinx would just let us exploit the tournament system and get free gems everyweek because in the end this is gonna be a financial disaster for them. So I expect match "fixing" to be fixed, or perhaps they will change the rewards to something that is not gems.

GuentherLR

Postby GuentherLR » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:24 pm

The problem Golgo9 is that they are losing players rapidly, especially paying players when they reach lvl 150 and have to keep something with gems as the incentive otherwise they will lose alot more. i think i have maybe 20 of my original 50 friends listed and more dropping out all the time. I myself have spent quite a bit of coin on this game but now rarely put money in because the Ancient box is in no way random and seems rigged to me. worse so now with them stealing our characters and not giving us the 30/40/50 souls that we should be getting instead of 10 souls.
Currently Full 5DxqsP

Return to “General Discussion”