Price Increase

Discuss anything about Game of Summoner.

Moderator: GOS Moderator

GuentherLR

Price Increase

Postby GuentherLR » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Looks like with the maintenance they added a 17% price increase on gems not sure how i feel about that considering all the issues that they still haven't fixed.
Currently Full 5DxqsP

maybethisweight

Re: Price Increase

Postby maybethisweight » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:37 pm

If gems were cheaper, I'd actually consider paying for them..... :cry:
WeasleyIsOurKing | BzpTpi

GuentherLR

Postby GuentherLR » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:48 pm

It went from 10 cents a gem to 11.7 cents a gem to be honest 10 cents was pretty high already considering a lot of other sites are 1-5 cents a gem
Currently Full 5DxqsP

Golgo9

Postby Golgo9 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:19 am

It is not a welcomed change but I can understand that. Many players get free gems every week, all level 150 get at least 300 free gems. That's not encouraging the players to spend money. Raising the price is definitely not a solution but it's a decision that would make sense, even though I think it's a bad one :p

GuentherLR

Postby GuentherLR » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:22 am

The problem most people were having about paying period was the cost, those of us that do pay to play are now going to think first before paying again. To be honest 90% of my purchases were the 600% more, double gem offers, and 600 gems for the price of 200 monthly costs. I never felt 10 cents was really worth it either to be honest. Even now other then the 5-25 dollar i won't buy anymore.
Currently Full 5DxqsP

Serpentine

Postby Serpentine » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:09 pm

I wasn't getting too much from buying gems anyway. I used the gems to try to get Epic or Legend fighters. All I ever got were rare ones. All the Epics I have now are from the Soul Box. I saw I wasn't progressing (getting higher grade warriors) when I tried my luck with the Ancient Box so I stopped buying gems. I'm like 300 to 400 dollars gone on buying gems. Never again. They'd have to give me 3 legends for me to start back buying.
9QpQ9n (full)
BmEKNp
XDFb33

GuentherLR

Postby GuentherLR » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Serpentine wrote:I wasn't getting too much from buying gems anyway. I used the gems to try to get Epic or Legend fighters. All I ever got were rare ones. All the Epics I have now are from the Soul Box. I saw I wasn't progressing (getting higher grade warriors) when I tried my luck with the Ancient Box so I stopped buying gems. I'm like 300 to 400 dollars gone on buying gems. Never again. They'd have to give me 3 legends for me to start back buying.

Agreed Serpentine i have dropped just under $1000 and not a single Legendary.
Currently Full 5DxqsP

1stSpade
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby 1stSpade » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:08 am

I think they have had a weird policy when it come to the Legendary ones. For a while I think all new accounts got one or more for free. Now it seems like it's none again. Giving a Legendary to all new players and not to the regular users doesn't make sense to me. Now I have spent to many thousand in this game and as mentioned earlier gotten one Legendary from 100,000 gems or so.
Friend codes
95Wjuw (full now)
9KsKgS (full now)

http://www.1stspade.com

ReversedArcana

Postby ReversedArcana » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:18 pm

I'm leaving this conspiracy theory sh*t here. This is hilarious.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Actually, after writing that part and reading your posts over again, a thought struck me. You guys have mentioned that you've spent a lot of money, and not seen Legendaries, but you see a lot of newcomers getting legendaries for free, and so you assume that new people are more likely to get Legendaries.

I don't believe this is the case. I have a theory that it's something different entirely.

In another post, we discussed what VIP rank each person on the forum was, and I was surprised to find I was the only one on here at VIP 0. I've kept this to myself out of guilt, but I've drawn 3 full legendaries since they've been added. I really just thought I was extremely lucky. Then you see these newcomers getting legendaries for free; when you're just joining, you're VIP 0 as well, so it's easy to assume they had that rank when pulling the legends.

Now, look at players like GLR, Serpentine, and Spade. Despite drawing from the Ancient Box thousands of times between you, you aren't getting "lucky". What do you have common? A high VIP rank.

When you think about it, lowering the chance of good stuff in proportion to your VIP rank makes a lot of sense; You've proven with your actions that you'll spend a lot of money whether you're actually getting something or not. If you get to a point where you have everything, where's your incentive to spend more? And how do you get people at low ranks to start spending money, if not by giving them a taste of what they could have? Even from a programming standpoint, it is very easy to manipulate the Ancient Box based on your VIP rank; much easier than making a system that gives Legendaries only once, or more to new players.

That's just my observation, though. There may be something I'm missing.
Last edited by ReversedArcana on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you..."

RevenantArcana [ 5Gfj4P ]

GuentherLR

Postby GuentherLR » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:14 pm

You are probably right ReversedArcana
Currently Full 5DxqsP

Return to “General Discussion”