are there people who cheat in this game?

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

lawsie

are there people who cheat in this game?

Postby lawsie » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:55 am

I have noticed a few weird things happening with a certain person who shall remain nameless. Everytime he attacks my planets and there is debris it is gone within 1 minute of it being there, like he just magically hoovered it all up, and the same when i attack his planets too. Even though he has no recovery vessels anywhere nearby.

2nd, no matter what time of day or night i attack him/her no matter if they have cargo ships to move their stuff or not they always seem to, and its bang on the exact time his radar picks it up. I have tested this a few times with probes and its always the same, no cargo ships present, loads of rescources then bam, all gone the second his radar picks me up 29:30 seconds fyi. Surely this cannot be done?

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: are there people who cheat in this game?

Postby Talizorah » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:34 pm

There are certain tricks for getting debris players may not know about. The best way is to send a LF or a single CR before launching your main fleet to create a small amount of debris around the planet to launch your recs before sending the main attack fleet so they can time up the recovery to be within a minute of their fleet hitting their target. Once the recs are launched, they will continue to their target regardless if there is still debris there or not.

For always FSing when radar is pinged, there could be several factors that cause this. 1) having a shared account is currently not against the GaW rules. This means that an account can always have a player online at all times. 2) using alt FS, you can keep fleet only minutes away from your planet.

If you or anyone else ever suspects a player of cheating, please use the in-game feedback button or send an email to support@sphinxjoy.com. Include your commander name, server and the suspected players commander name, as well as a description of the issue, timestamps of battles, screen shots of spy reports, etc. These are the best methods of dealing with a potential rule breaker.

Hope this helps!
-Tali

lawsie

Postby lawsie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:04 am

well no he doesnt send ships in first, its gone within a minute, and im talking millions of debris here.

secondly his planet is completley bare of anything at almost the exact time he could detect me, has to be some sort of cheat.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:11 am

Then I would suggest documenting this as best you can and send the screenshots as well as a description, and other info said in the previous post to support@sphinxjoy.com. If he is found to be cheating, his account will be banned, if not, nothing will happen. I can assure you the devs do take the possibility of cheating very seriously and will look into every case brought to them.

kryptonite

Postby kryptonite » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:17 pm

i think your a little over the ship on that one , first you must be new to ghost fleets where there planet is not used for resources but for battle and transfer resources to there main so you might just be getting farmed.

lawsie

Postby lawsie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 pm

kryptonite wrote:i think your a little over the ship on that one , first you must be new to ghost fleets where there planet is not used for resources but for battle and transfer resources to there main so you might just be getting farmed.

totally not the case at all, he has no cargo ships there, but tons of ships, his rescources are in the millions and as soon as i get to radar range its all gone, no matter the time or the day. Its not just one planet, its all of them, he has 4 right next to each other.

Sengorn Leopardae

Postby Sengorn Leopardae » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:51 pm

lawsie wrote:
kryptonite wrote:i think your a little over the ship on that one , first you must be new to ghost fleets where there planet is not used for resources but for battle and transfer resources to there main so you might just be getting farmed.

totally not the case at all, he has no cargo ships there, but tons of ships, his rescources are in the millions and as soon as i get to radar range its all gone, no matter the time or the day. Its not just one planet, its all of them, he has 4 right next to each other.

You do realize he can simply have used all tricks you have seen posted her to accomplish this task? About him not being able to move his resources.....I simply dump all my resources into building ships when I'm attacked. No cargo needed, but I can make millions of resources disappear into my shipyard.

lawsie

Postby lawsie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:32 pm

he has actually been banned as a hacker a few weeks back, his planets and his account dissapeared so im guessing that is the case. And no, you cant spend exact resources like that when building ships, all that was left was 200 metal crystal and gas etc.

Return to “General Discussion”