gas consumption

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

FtFox

gas consumption

Postby FtFox » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:50 am

Guys. Want to discuss gas consumption to flys in the game. My fleet something about 10k lf, 1.5k hf, 700 cruz, 400 links, 500 dreds, 650 destr, I got planets in 5 10 20 galaxies and I cant fly there, because of gas consumption. Fly from 10 to 20 galaxy takes 18 milion gas, I think thats unreal quantity. Thats make any fleet unmoveble and kills all interest in the game. Many guys from my alliance want to leave the game because of that. Can you do something with this? Can you make gas consumption lower?

Katena

Re: gas consumption

Postby Katena » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:13 am

completely agree

traffer

Postby traffer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:15 pm

20 galaxy? Which server?

VNP

Postby VNP » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Agree, flight is impossible , teleport too, gas mine not effective

FtFox

Postby FtFox » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:45 am

Server Aquarius. There is 30 galaxies here. Fly from 1 to 30 I think imposible. All fleets are stay in place. Just cant fly somethere.

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinx.frank » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:01 pm

hey guys, fleet gas consumption is calculated according to distance, i think it makes sense. you may stick your planets together or close to each other for a better transportation efficiency. what is the point you have 3 houses in USA,China and UK but you're always short of travelling fee?

Bibliophile

Postby Bibliophile » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:23 pm

sphinx.frank wrote:hey guys, fleet gas consumption is calculated according to distance, i think it makes sense. you may stick your planets together or close to each other for a better transportation efficiency. what is the point you have 3 houses in USA,China and UK but you're always short of travelling fee?

Well said! Great analogy :D unfortunately gas is still an issue.... Very easy to go through 500k in one fleet movement for some people and that's only 10 systems!

qqmeariver

Postby qqmeariver » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Wanna rise this question again.

Fleets should consume 5-10 times less gas.

In GE resources were not an issue due to nebula runs.

Here, with hecked up shielding system, lack of alternative resource sources, and absolutely enormous gas consumption, you have to save a sh*tloads of gas overnight just to hit a planet in your galaxy, not talking about those which are far away.

And don't tell me about jump gates, blah blah blah, placing planets close to each other, blah blah blah.
I have a fleet and I want to be able to hit at least planets in my galaxy, but with shielding and gas bs, I do it twice a day in the best case. Then I spend a day waiting for gas. There is no point in building more ships as you simply cannot use it.

There is no gameplay in such situation. All you can do is relocating your jump gates for cash every day, like some of the guys on Roswell do. Others do nothing but fleet saving and attacks on 10% speed overnight.

Fix it, seriously. Give an alternative way to get x10 gas or reduce the consumption by ships. AT LEAST five times, better 10 times.

TrainWreck

Postby TrainWreck » Mon May 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Yes. Fix it. Please.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Thu May 08, 2014 10:46 am

Hi guys,

Gas costs have improved dramatically since the game was first released. The cost have been reduced significantly since then. While they are still high, I think it can been see more as a balancing mechanic, keeping those large fleets in check. As it is, you can still have those large fleets you always wanted while still being able to use them. Sure it can cost a lot of gas, but there are different methods and strategies to help reduce gas spending overall.

1) Have a gas planet. While the cold planets tend to be small, aiming for x-xxx-14 or x-xxx-15 is your best bet to colonize a cold planet with a large radius. I personally have gotten a gas planet with -187C and 135 radius, it just took quite a few tries. Also temperature really does matter:

For example, a lvl20 Gas Plant on a planet at 16C produces 7,402* gas per hour; a lvl 20 Gas Plant on a planet at -23C produces 8,242* gas per hour. A lvl20 Gas Plant on a planet at 46C produces 6,757* gas per hour, while a planet with a lvl20 Gas Plant and -187C produces 11,771* gas per hour.

2) Eliminate the Fusion Reactor. Sure the higher lvls of the Solar Plant cost an arm and a leg, but you can potentially save thousands of gas per hour by leveling up the solar plant and leaving the fusion reactor at lvl 0. As it is, lvl 25 Solar Plant will power all three mines at lvl 20.

3) Alt FS. Burning lots of gas to FS at night can be frustrating, and everyone knows attacking the pirates in your own system is much less expensive. Use an Alt or a friend to FS a RV on to your fleet to extend your FS for as long as you need. You will save a ton of gas this way. When I started using alt FS, I typically only use 25-30% of the gas per day that I was using from just regular FS.

4) Do the daily's! That lotto card is more valuable than you think. If you are like me, then the lotto loves giving you Fuel Efficiency cards which lowers gas costs by 25% for 24 hours. I burn them like candy and still have over 10 left. They are also pretty cheap to buy at the store too (20DM or what you'd get from doing the Daily).

5) Ghost your targets. Farming long range is seen as the gentlemanly way of doing things, but if you want that big hit and need all of your fleet, ghosting in is the way to go. Not only does it get you in and out fast, it saves you a ton of gas in the process - again, attacking in the same system is always the cheapest gas option. Just remember to kindly not stick around very long, as we don't want to see players quit due to convenient farming methods.

I am sure there are many other ways you can save gas as well, like only sending as many ships as you need when transporting res. You don't need to send 150LC's when 75 will do the trick. This saves you half the gas. All of these methods do take some trial and error, but they are well worth it in the end.

Also, ask the top players on your server what their methods of saving gas are, I am sure many will be willing to give advice.

Hope these tips help!

-Tali

*These numbers are for mine production rates on Scorpio Server, it is estimated that these numbers are 1.5x's more on all other servers.

Return to “General Discussion”