In game account switch not works with Samsung S5 phone

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

alee329

In game account switch not works with Samsung S5 phone

Postby alee329 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:19 pm

It requires multiple, some times many taps on the UI button to switch my accounts in game.

My version is 1.6.8(0092) but I have this issue since I played GAW 3 months ago, and it presists across a few updates since then.

I have 3 user accounts and whenever I went to "Setting" then "Accounts" then tap the "Login" UI button of either of my other accounts, it took 3 - 30 trys to successfully switch to the other account. My touch screen is 100% responsive to any other feature of this game during my extensive play hours. It worth noting that I do see the UI botton flashes ligh green color for a fraction of second, indicating that the app have received the input.

This issue is reproduceable 100% on my phone, regardless the app revisions (that I have used). It's reproduceable after I reinstalled the app. It's reproduceable regardless I am using 4G network or WiFi network. It's reproduceable regardless my location (I tried this in US and in China). However it's NOT reproduceable on my Samsung Note 8.

So it definitely looks a compatibility issue of Samsung S5 and GAW. Sphinx may want to know if I restore my S5 to factory default would that fix the issue? However doing that would consume a good half day of my time and I only want to do that if evidece shows good hope of fixing this issue.

Am I the only one having this issue with Samsung S5 phone? Can someone/Sphinx try this on a Samsung S5?

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: In game account switch not works with Samsung S5 phone

Postby Support Team » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:21 am

A update is coming soon to solve this issue with a new way to switch between your accounts. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for the feedback.

alee329

Re: In game account switch not works with Samsung S5 phone

Postby alee329 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:33 pm

The most recent update as of 1/11/2015 (the version is 1.7.4, build 98) does not fix the problem on my S5. My statement is based on below experiments:

1. I recovered S5 to the factory image and installed GAW first - the problem reproduces 100%
2. I switch to Samsung Note 8.0 - this problem never shows up
3. I swich to a Blackberry Z30 (running pre-released OS 10.2 with Andriod App capability) - this problem never shows up

I am a daily player, each statement above is backed up with at least tens, if not hundreds of test iterations.

With above I concluded that it's not my network, it's not latency, it's not poor cellphoen receptions, nor is it a messed up OS image on my S5 phone. While I am unable to find out if I should blame Samsung's OS team or GAW's App development team, I believe this is a real bug still.

I have already give up and move to Blackberry Z30 (very good phone! with Andriod support it cured it's weakest spot) so I don't care about this anymore. I record my finding here for any possible Samsung S5 user to comment.

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”