Satellite unfair and not realistic

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

EvilDoomer

Satellite unfair and not realistic

Postby EvilDoomer » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:21 am

I don't understand the logic with "how to get a satellite "
Ok you have to leave I did say leave a fleet out waiting for the enemy to come by and destroy it. O.O
If you do and have a large fleet you will get a 20 percent chance to get a satellite ! O.o

So if earth wants a satellite they have to spend billions just to leave a fleet in orbit hoping that aliens will come and destroy all so you will have scrap to build a satellite ? To me at is not logical or the proper realistic way as a programmer I would never have person sacrifice a fleet just to get a chance to generate a satellite ! You may have to give up large fleets forever and never get a satellite ,

Creating tech would be the correct way and the most fair.
Current way I will not sacrifice my fleets to get a chance for a satellite and that sad I cannot have access to newer designed ships.
So I want to file a grevience with the union !

Thanks Evil

traffer

Re: Satellite unfair and not realistic

Postby traffer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:58 pm

160 battleships is a large fleet? Really? Lol.

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinx.frank » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 pm

EvilDoomer wrote:I don't understand the logic with "how to get a satellite "
Ok you have to leave I did say leave a fleet out waiting for the enemy to come by and destroy it. O.O
If you do and have a large fleet you will get a 20 percent chance to get a satellite ! O.o

So if earth wants a satellite they have to spend billions just to leave a fleet in orbit hoping that aliens will come and destroy all so you will have scrap to build a satellite ? To me at is not logical or the proper realistic way as a programmer I would never have person sacrifice a fleet just to get a chance to generate a satellite ! You may have to give up large fleets forever and never get a satellite ,

Creating tech would be the correct way and the most fair.
Current way I will not sacrifice my fleets to get a chance for a satellite and that sad I cannot have access to newer designed ships.
So I want to file a grevience with the union !

Thanks Evil

Satellites are generated by chance according to the amount of debris in a battle, the possibility is not accumulated. you need to keep trying and a bit luck to get a satellite.

DoctorWho

Postby DoctorWho » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:18 am

I only read part of what you wrote and it screamed "Help me Doc I don't get this because no one explained it to me." So here goes:

Satellites (From henceforth called moons)

To get a moon (Henceforth a job called doing moonshots)

To do a moonshot you need to create debris through battle above the planet on which you want to get a moon.

The amount of debris determines the % chance of a moon forming up to 20%
(which can be augmented up to 40% with in game items purchasable with dark matter)

The lowest amount to get a moon chance is 1% at 100,000 debris total (metal and crystal)
The highest amount to get a moon chance is 20% at 2,000,000 debris total (metal and crystal)

*note debris is calculated at around 20-30% of ships destroyed total value in metal and crystal (depending on your level of ship repair tech the higher your tech the lower the debris amount as some of that debris is instead made into recoverable ships at your ship yard). 100% of gas is wasted when a ship is destroyed.

The debris is only counted from the current battle so additional debris that is present during the time of the battle does not increase the chances or affect them at all. Each battle chance is calculated separately.

Five tries with a 20% chance does not equal 100% chance you will get a moon, this is known as the "Gamblers Fallacy" However going for 20% chances does give you the best Probability to get a moon.

Discuss with your allies the best ships to use to get a moon as it depends on your situation, but luring an attacker into attacking some small amount of ships and then slipping in a lot more means you can kill two birds with one stone and use your attackers ship for your moon chance. Why let your ships die when you can get an enemy to die for you?

Hope this was helpful.

- Doc

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”