Battle Tactics and Squadrons

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Helluvatime

Battle Tactics and Squadrons

Postby Helluvatime » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:23 am

straight to the point: designate targets for attacking fleets and defenenses. have to option to set fleet to attack the heaviest defenses first or certain defenses. this could be a deciding factor in battles. squadrons (seperate groups of the same class of ship) would also be a nice tactical addition. set 75% of bombers to attack high end defenses such as plasma cannons and 25% on lower end defenses. you could use spy reports to determine exactly how to set up your fleet. assign specific ships to attack acording to their strengths. if this was implemented into the game, it would really make this game unique rather than leaving it as just another build-a-giant-army-and-dominate kind of game. :idea:

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: Battle Tactics and Squadrons

Postby sphinx.frank » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:10 am

Helluvatime wrote:straight to the point: designate targets for attacking fleets and defenenses. have to option to set fleet to attack the heaviest defenses first or certain defenses. this could be a deciding factor in battles. squadrons (seperate groups of the same class of ship) would also be a nice tactical addition. set 75% of bombers to attack high end defenses such as plasma cannons and 25% on lower end defenses. you could use spy reports to determine exactly how to set up your fleet. assign specific ships to attack acording to their strengths. if this was implemented into the game, it would really make this game unique rather than leaving it as just another build-a-giant-army-and-dominate kind of game. :idea:

It sounds great, we will talk about it. thank you for your thoughtful idea.

DoctorWho

Postby DoctorWho » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:12 am

I vote against this idea. It is favored very highly to the attacker which thanks to semi blind radar this game is already favored very highly to the attacker. Don't get me wrong I hate turtles but I don't want to see the battle mechanics change that drastically I like to be able to look at a fleet and or defenses and from experience guess what types and how many of each ship I need to take lowest losses. You don't need any specified targeting to get that done. The battle system works just fine as it is. Although I would like to see rapid fire statistics on the new ship types. What defenses is the Missile Chaser good against for example.

For the record a lower cost army can overcome a higher cost army with the current battle mechanics if the composition of the fleet is correct. I have done it many times with minimal losses.

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinx.frank » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:21 pm

DoctorWho wrote:I vote against this idea. It is favored very highly to the attacker which thanks to semi blind radar this game is already favored very highly to the attacker. Don't get me wrong I hate turtles but I don't want to see the battle mechanics change that drastically I like to be able to look at a fleet and or defenses and from experience guess what types and how many of each ship I need to take lowest losses. You don't need any specified targeting to get that done. The battle system works just fine as it is. Although I would like to see rapid fire statistics on the new ship types. What defenses is the Missile Chaser good against for example.

For the record a lower cost army can overcome a higher cost army with the current battle mechanics if the composition of the fleet is correct. I have done it many times with minimal losses.

thanks Doc, we will take account of the balance of game for any change on battle system.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Speaking if the battle system, has there been a change in the last few days? BRs are telling a different story now than a few days ago. Losses are higher all around, with fleet loadouts that really should be taking so many losses if the ships target completely random as before.

As far as rapidfire stats on the new ships, they are posted for the Missile Chaser, but not the Super Freighter or the Large Recovery Vessel. Are we to assume that those two have rapidfire against nothing, and that all three ships are not vulnerable to rapidfire from anything else?

Also, the other ships are not updated to include rapidfire from what is posted on the missile Chaser. It would be good to see this added in soon!

Thank you :)

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinx.frank » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Talizorah wrote:Speaking if the battle system, has there been a change in the last few days? BRs are telling a different story now than a few days ago. Losses are higher all around, with fleet loadouts that really should be taking so many losses if the ships target completely random as before.

As far as rapidfire stats on the new ships, they are posted for the Missile Chaser, but not the Super Freighter or the Large Recovery Vessel. Are we to assume that those two have rapidfire against nothing, and that all three ships are not vulnerable to rapidfire from anything else?

Also, the other ships are not updated to include rapidfire from what is posted on the missile Chaser. It would be good to see this added in soon!

Thank you :)

hi Talizorah, devs have changed battle system formula to release pressure on server for enormous battles. targets are still selected randomly but in a different way. thank you for your attention on rapid fire on Missile Chaser, we will add it to other ships' descriptions asap.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:43 am

Thank you Frank :)

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”