iOS 7.1 lag issue

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

maca

iOS 7.1 lag issue

Postby maca » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:44 am

Hello devs,

Since I updated to iOS 7.1 the game has been lagging awfully. It takes me about a minute to switch between planets in-game. A game update handling this issue is needed.

/maca

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: iOS 7.1 lag issue

Postby sphinx.frank » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:27 pm

maca wrote:Hello devs,

Since I updated to iOS 7.1 the game has been lagging awfully. It takes me about a minute to switch between planets in-game. A game update handling this issue is needed.

/maca

we will look into this issue. thank you for your feedback.

maca

Postby maca » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:18 am

sphinx.frank wrote:

we will look into this issue. thank you for your feedback.

Could you look into it sometime soon?

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinx.frank » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:23 pm

hi Maca, what device do you use? and can you please PM us your commander name and server. thank you.

maca

Postby maca » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:29 am

sphinx.frank wrote:hi Maca, what device do you use? and can you please PM us your commander name and server. thank you.

Hi Again frank.
I use an iPhone 4. But good news: it seems lag has subsided today. Weird really, since there hasnt been an update the last 24 hrs.

Anyways, thx for the snappy reply. I hope the lag won't reemerge.

/Maca, Scorpio server

Herbs

Postby Herbs » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:12 am

Devs,I am having the same lagging issue. After I updated my iOS,the game loads slower and when I switch screens it takes forever. I have a 4s and my game name is Herbs from Scorpio. I look forward to hearing from you.

maca

Postby maca » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:09 am

Well, my lag is back :/

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinx.frank » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:13 am

hi guys, test team is currently working on this, will get back to you once we figure out.

Bibliophile

Postby Bibliophile » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:38 pm

I've had this problem on my iPhone 4 as well. However I did a little digging on my own :D this is what I came up with.

Lag is created by both slow Internet and slower, older devices. If you have slow internet the devs won't be able to help much. The best way to fix would to update the app and include more descriptive templates for the panels rather then downloading from server every time. However as the small size of the app is one of its major achievements (to me) I doubt this will be done.

While faster Internet will reduce lag substantially it will still be slower on an iPhone 4 then for an iPad mini for example.

STSavage

Postby STSavage » Sat May 10, 2014 5:39 am

I also have the same load issue and same device iPhone 4 running ios 7.1
When I open the app loading takes almost 5 min. Will load fast up to 50% and take a long pause
Playing as well when selecting between planets takes almost 2 min. Basic navigation has trouble
Your help is much appreciated
-stsavage

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”