EMERGENCY - 1.5.2 patch - now can't launch

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: EMERGENCY - 1.5.2 patch - now can't launch

Postby sphinx.frank » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:51 am

hey guys, devs are currently checking on this login issue, can you please leave us your commander name, server, device and OS for us to solve this problem in a more efficient way. thank you guys.

snutting

Postby snutting » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:45 am

Hi, my commander name is Anton Zilwicki, I'm on the Explorer server, I am playing on a Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.2.

I have cleared my cache, rebooted my phone, but the program crashes when it is at the 67% mark when loading my base. It is ALWAYS at the 67% point.

Hope this helps, my fleet and planets have been dead in the water all day!

Trajan

Postby Trajan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:36 am

I'm playing on iPod touch. Ever since I updated two days ago,I cannot launch the game. I updated the game at the app store. Before I updated,I had no problems whatsoever.

Gulguth

Postby Gulguth » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Thank you for replying sphinx.frank.

hi, we're still trying to solve this issue for you, can anyone of you leave us a screenshot of your problem so we can find where the problem is. we need to know if you guys are not able to run the game or just the login issue. thanks.

I realize there may be a bit of a language barrier if English is not your native tongue, so I'll reply as if this is not a dumb question. A screenshot would be nearly impossible because the game crashes back out to "desktop" (iOS home screen, whatever you want to call the interface with all the app icons) immediately after the GAW icon is tapped. If you are really paying attention you might just barely see the Sphinx Entertainment logo ("splash screen") start to appear before you are spit back out. So even if a screenshot were possible it wouldn't show anything but black or the barest bit of logo. I'd hardly call this a login issue because we never see the login prompt. Normal sequence of events after tapping the GAW app icon is to have the screen black for a second, then the company logo splash screen, then the game art of ships in orbit and the game logo followed by an overlay of the login interface: box for username, servername, and a command button that says "PLAY" I believe. We never get as far as seeing the username and servaname boxes, we have crashed way before that. It's instant. So clearly, no, we cannot run the game and cannot play if we never get to the part where we can hit "PLAY".

you may try to download the game from app store instead of using in game updating, see if it works.

No, it does not. As I already described, updating the game through the Apple App Store is where my trouble began, and re-installing it from scratch from the App Store after deleting it also did not fix the problem.

hey guys, devs are currently checking on this login issue, can you please leave us your commander name, server, device and OS for us to solve this problem in a more efficient way. thank you guys.

I don't feel comfortable posting my commander name here since my foes may see this and use my absence to launch attacks they otherwise would not. I'll send you my commander name via private message. The rest of the data:

server: Sagittarius
device: iPad first generation 16G, wifi only, model MB292LL
iOS: version 5.1.1 (9B206)

As I said above, even though I said "locked out of my server" in the original post I meant that I can't even get to the login screen and am locked out of the game entirely, so I don't think this has anything at all to do with the specific servers we've been playing on. I believe the detailed crash log that traffer provided is going to be the best data you can review. Since we are seeing only a limited portion of the player base with problems I think it is safe to assume it has to do with older Apple hardware and iOS versions that have been negatively affected by some change in GAW 1.5.2. Two other respondents to this thread are having different problems than traffer, Trajan, and myself. If I could just update my iOS to a higher version to fix the problem I probably would, but the first gen iPad I am using is maxed out at 5.1.1, and I'm not going to buy a new iPad or iPhone just to play this one game, no matter how much time and energy I have invested in my commander.

I hope the devs hurry to fix this problem ... I don't have any other devices that will currently run this game so my fleets are sitting ducks in there. The most obvious solution would be to roll back the version to the one just before 1.5.2 which apparently was working fine for all of us. If I had any way to do that individually without jailbreaking I would, but I know of no approved method of retrieving a prior app version once you've updated from the App Store.

sphinx.frank
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinx.frank » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:30 pm

Trajan wrote:I'm playing on iPod touch. Ever since I updated two days ago,I cannot launch the game. I updated the game at the app store. Before I updated,I had no problems whatsoever.

hi, can you please provide your commander name and server for us to check into this. thanks.

Gulguth

Postby Gulguth » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:28 pm

GAW v1.5.3 is on the iOS App Store as of today (2014-04-17). I have installed it and it is working ... I can now log in to my game again and everything seems okay. Huzzah. Now back to sinking tons of time into this game -- blessing or curse? Ha ha.

Have fun everybody, unless you are an honourless ganker on Sagittarius in which case I'm going to kill you.

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”