Spy Rules

New players of Galaxy At War can find helps here.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Spy Rules

Postby Support Team » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:03 am

The spy result depends on the level of Espionage Tech and the number of spy probes. If a player has higher level of Espionage Tech and the larger number of spy probes, he will get a more detailed spy report from the system. But there's a side-effect, his spy probes will be founded more easily due to the large amount of spy probes. One more spy probes, one more percentage of chance the spy probes will be founded. But the percentage will not over 50 percent. If a player use superior spy, he can enforce to spy once. But if the target player used Security alert, he won't be spied at that time. Even though the attack used a superior spy. That's all for your reference.

Bibliophile

Re: Spy Rules

Postby Bibliophile » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:38 am

Good to know but more detail would be appreciated. For example:
How many probes do I need to see all detail for ESP tech # levels below me, equal or me, and # levels above me. And how Many to only see ships and def....

sphinxgm
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinxgm » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:41 am

The details of the investigation content depends on both of the two sides level difference of detection technology.

Bibliophile

Postby Bibliophile » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:00 am

Sorry but DUH I want specifics....

sphinxgm
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinxgm » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:53 pm

The larger the gap between the two sides level difference of detection technology, the more clear intelligence.
There is no fixed data

Bibliophile

Postby Bibliophile » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:44 pm

No.... Fixed.... Data..... I don't believe that is possible. Unless by no fixed data you mean that rates of detection and what info is gathered is random but is somewhat affected by esp level... This is still data id like to see... If you don't mind of course..

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:23 am

From observations, If you are the same level of Espy as your target, it takes 7 probes to gather all information. Each level of Espy difference, add or subtract 2 probes to gather all the data (i.e. if your Espy is 10 and your target is lvl 8 or lower, at most it will take 3 probes to gather all information). While there may not be a set amount needed for each increment of data (it may be that at same Espy lvl, 4 probes is the minimum to gather resource info, with each probe added unlocks the ships, defenses, and techs), it is possible to determine the maximum number of probes needed, once you know your targets Espy lvl.

My rule of thumb is I only send 3 probes at most. If I cannot gather all the information with those three probes it means it is time to upgrade my Espionage tech.

Hope this helps!
-Tali

h3xkore

Postby h3xkore » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:50 am

Talizorah wrote:From observations, If you are the same level of Espy as your target, it takes 7 probes to gather all information. Each level of Espy difference, add or subtract 2 probes to gather all the data (i.e. if your Espy is 10 and your target is lvl 8 or lower, at most it will take 3 probes to gather all information). While there may not be a set amount needed for each increment of data (it may be that at same Espy lvl, 4 probes is the minimum to gather resource info, with each probe added unlocks the ships, defenses, and techs), it is possible to determine the maximum number of probes needed, once you know your targets Espy lvl.

My rule of thumb is I only send 3 probes at most. If I cannot gather all the information with those three probes it means it is time to upgrade my Espionage tech.

Hope this helps!
-Tali

nice copy and paste lol

adam3196

Postby adam3196 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Can someone give a break down of what is detected, in what order. does ships get detected before defense as spying escalates.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:51 pm

The order follows the way it is listed on the Spy Report:

Resources
Ships
Defenses
Buildings
Techs

Return to “New Players Forum”