Attack Etiquette and FS

New players of Galaxy At War can find helps here.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

MarcusAurelius

Attack Etiquette and FS

Postby MarcusAurelius » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:27 am

Hi, I am new and unable to find the rules relating to who you should and should not attack to gain the he best glory points, etc. or more importantly not get some bad red marks against you,etc. Is it based on Commander level and does it need to be the same or within a few levels ie if I attack a commander who is at 21 and I am at 22 and win (or or otherwise) then is that ok or bad and how many levels is relevant?

Also on FS, even at 10% it only take an hour or 2 - what do others to to FS for longer periods (12 hours for example). Is it just a matter of getting a planet a few systems away for this purpose - could get gas heavy! Just seeing if I'm missing something.

Just want to get on with it now and the above will pave the way!

Thanks,

MA

Miniwizard

Re: Attack Etiquette and FS

Postby Miniwizard » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Are you including a very slow speed ship within your fleet to slow the rest of them down?

MarcusAurelius

Postby MarcusAurelius » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:31 am

Good point MIniWizard although yes, I have everything in there at the moment ... I just haven't quite got to the really slow ships yet.

sphinxgm
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby sphinxgm » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:30 am

Hi, you can check FAQ in the game, setting---FAQ.

phil

Postby phil » Tue May 27, 2014 6:51 pm

How do you attack? Every single planet is protected that I've seen. Totally wasted building defernces and bunkers etc.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Tue May 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Don't worry, you'll be able to attack - and be attacked soon enough. The bubbles are there as new player protection and will come down in a few days. For now, it is best to learn how to fleetsave while under the protection of your bubble so when it does drop, you won't lose all of your res in an attack against you.

Here is a quick turorial on how to fleetsave (FS):

1. Have enough large cargo ships to transport all the res on each planet.
2. Have at least one recovery vessel on each planet.
3. Fleet save when you're going offline or if you being attacked by a stronger fleet.
4. Choose a lvl 5 pirate to attack at 10% speed and take all the res and ships with you.
5. FS in your own system gives you about 4hrs (2hrs each way) FS 20 systems away from your own gives you about 8 hrs (4hrs each way) Test FS on different systems to find the system who fits the time you need

Learning to FS will greatly increase your odds of survival into late game. For more details, ask the higher ranked players what they do to keep their res safe when they are away from the game.

Hope this helps and good luck!!
-Tali

Return to “New Players Forum”