Vote for server merging

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Taurus and

Poll ended at Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:29 am

1. yes, i agree
60%
2. No, i don't agree
40%

Total votes: 52

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Re: Vote for server merging

Postby Talizorah » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:25 pm

sphinx.frank wrote:hi guys, thank you all for your feedbacks and suggestions. we never wanna see any of these servers become inactive no matter they are old or new, that's the reason we had this vote for you. You guys as the players of these servers have the right to make the final call, our decision is up to your choice. so whether to merge or not will be determined by this vote result.

Don't get us wrong, the votes for no are voting not for the merge, but the terms of the merge. Id wager 99% of the players want the merge, just not the way you are auggesting, especially without further and a more complete explanation of how exactly it will effect all of us. I know time is money, but the time needs to be spent to really make sure this is being done the correct way, and the way the players like. Don't give up on the merge, and let's keep working together to find a solution we all can agree on!

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Death Stars cost the same on all the servers, including the civil ships. Do not touch them. Death Stars especially. I spent 6 months doing the research and building my Death Stars. DO NOT TOUCH THEM. Rest of the fleet that actually cost differently you can mess with. Just don't touch the ships that cost the same in the other servers.

Samcro87

Postby Samcro87 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 pm

I do agree with a merge of servers. But I do agree the price is very large. I can see a reduction up to 60% of combat ships but would think 50% would be perfect. Taliazah phrased his comments the best I've read by stating 99% are in favor of a merge but would like more info. I do believe we need this merge cause plain and simple my full fleet on a dead server is no fun at all. So I will pay a price of losing ships to continue this game we all love. All I ask is please don't put us (the players) at a severe disadvantage.

PyRo

Postby PyRo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Posting as a Leo player here. Balancing the servers seems good. HOWEVER I do belive that there will be compensation to the servers that get merged. I would like to see a 72hr protection when a server merges. That would be nice so you could get a feel for your new comrades. Also what does this mean for alliances.? Are they being moved as well and how and when is this getting done.?

PyRo

Postby PyRo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:51 pm

Either way I vote YES. It's gonna bring new life to servers. Outweighs everything at this point also would like to see more alliances :) would be fun to duke it out with new players.

Leo Lead out

Darth Angelo

Postby Darth Angelo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Like a lot of the post I'm reading I absolutely want the merge. However this feels rushed. There isn't clear guidance reference ships that cost the same on all servers. Are those ships being touched? If so, they shouldn't be. I do feel 70% reduction is a bit steep given Taurus/Scorpio server mines produce less. I do understand and agree that a ship reduction is necessary and think 60% is fairer. Yes I want the merge but until some questions are cleared up and a better more equal plan is devised I say no.

S1940

Postby S1940 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:51 pm

Yellowboy wrote:To be honest I don't see the real problem here. Even the biggest players can be killed by a 5v1 join strike and I'm pretty sure that most of the players knows how to fleet save. If you can't kill them work together. If you can't fight them then run.

This is not the case with current fleet sizes, you can only js with 4 players, and without the reduction we just couldn't compete, our ahips are just too expensive to built the number we are hearing about

DoctorWho

Postby DoctorWho » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:23 am

I would like to state for the record I voted YES for the server merge however;

Please think of this like currency exchange you aren't losing ships you are changing currency if you didn't you would instantly triple in points due to new exchange rate.

We as players really don't have easy access to all the information required to see if we are getting a fair deal at the time of a server merge. Devs need to step up on this one and figure out a fair formula, as you guys have access to the full rule sets to compare differences, then players need to be informed of what went in to the merge conversion formulas so we can then feel we are getting a well thought out fair deal across the board.

Some examples;
Are the resource output amounts over time of similar level mines the same? if not then it needs to be factored in to reductions which should not be limited then to ship count.

Are the flight times the same? if not then this needs to be factored in as farming numbers of resources will be totally off as one side can farm faster than the other.

What ships cost differently? Only those ships should be affected by the cuts is actually wrong if the resources produced are less on the old servers then they should actually get a boost to ship types that cost the same since they in effect actually paid more for those "same cost ships" than the new servers did.

Does anything else cost differently? If they paid the same price for tech and produce less this should be factored in also!

Debris amount this is a BIG one I haven't seen put in, what is their servers debris % this is a big factor as most big players make quite a bit off of fleet crashes

Recovery tech date implemented and effects; not too many people know that your repair tech level affects your debris size quite a bit, since the older servers would have run longer without this tech they would have had the larger debris piles as well however we got more ships recovered for free many of which were destroyed when temporary planets were dropped (something we as players have no way to see)

Building rates, were they able to raise mines faster or were we? If they are different speeds or costs its going to greatly complicate the metric.

Astro Tech, if one of us was able due to costs and mine production speeds get this faster than the other then that server had a clear advantage on resource gains that needs to be included in the metric.

Hope this list indicates how complicated the metric for a full conversion really needs to be.

- Doc Who
Last edited by DoctorWho on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krazee

Postby Krazee » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:31 am

I vote yes for the reductions with the merger.

Iplaygaw2much

Postby Iplaygaw2much » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:45 pm

I say merge Scorpio and Taurus see how they fair and after a couple of months see how things are going. Any other way without trying this would b robbery for those who have spent real $$$. I mean who knows after a merge like this mabe the server will see many new players because they like the prices here better.

Return to “General Discussion”