Opinion poll for new server

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Do you agree with our changes for new server?

Agree
69%
Disagree
31%

Total votes: 32

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Opinion poll for new server

Postby Support Team » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:55 pm

We will be opening a new server soon and would like to take the time to hear your opinions on the proposed changes before we make them final.

When we created the original two servers (Taurus and Scorpio) we reduced the resource requirements and building time of combat ships and defense units (not including civilian ships) by 20% of our original design. We did this because we hoped it would allow players to build more ships earlier in the game. It seems the changes we implemented caused some problems for long-term viability because:

1. It made it difficult for new players to catch up to old players.
2. It hurt the games life-cycle.
3. Players created fleets five (5) times larger than what we calculated for in our original design, this will put too much stress on our combat server and cause it to overload easily in futrue .
4. The resource requirement of buildings and tech upgrades were not balanced with the ship amounts.

Because of this, we are planning to make some changes to make the game experience for the new server more balanced and enjoyable by:

1. Increasing resource production so players can get more resources to upgrade techs and buildings easier.
2. Returning the resource requirements and building time of combat ships and defense units back to what was specified in our original design.
3. Decreasing the price of some items in the item shop.

We believe these changes will make the game balanced and enjoyable. However, we would like to hear what you think. Please respond with your thoughts and suggestions. We appreciate your continued support through this process. Your opinions truly matter.

Please leave your opinion and vote.

Thank you

Development Team

JuggernautcowXD

Re: Opinion poll for new server

Postby JuggernautcowXD » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:41 am

So a beta or alpha server???

sRandomDigits

Postby sRandomDigits » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:09 pm

How about changing up the combat system? It seems like all of my battles are the following: much bigger player attacks and you either fleet save or lose everything. Are there ever any evenly matched battles? As I've suggested before, it seems like score attack ranges need to be constricted to 2x, otherwise the farmers/fleet crashers make the game very boring and predictable.

mehrdad32000

Postby mehrdad32000 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Its good decision but you gonna change that issue what replied already . When someone attacks another weaker then weaker s whole ships will gone en its not cool . Another thing is production of resources is nt balance , always lots of stone en low on gas ... En one important thing is missing here is there is no way to convert ress to each others. En i want to thank you for this awesome server en minimum glitchs .

HAWK

Postby HAWK » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:22 am

The production from Metal, Crystal, Gas i believe is balanced in my opinion. If you look at requirements for ships/techs/buildings it follows the same rule. Gas is going to be the most precious resource and crystal being the 2nd most precious. But it is balanced when compared to the requirements for building.

As for the combat system. That I am unsure of myself. I don't believe anything needs to be touched to the combat systems as far as how it works. This is a PVP game and people are not going to attack if they haven't already done the math and know they are going to win the battle. So i see it as always Fleetsaving if your being attacked or get more ships in to reinforce your own. Saying that i don't believe that changing the score attack ranges is the right choice. At the moment myself and several others have purposely stayed in low score by not building any buildings and only researching necessary tech to stay in range to attack more players. We have a massive fleet but it allows us to keep low as we sometimes do lose some ships in battle. If you build up to fast the players you can attack get much lower and lower to where you could go 50+ systems and only have 5 players that you would be able to hit.

Roach

Postby Roach » Fri May 23, 2014 6:08 am

Just ran into that problem today. My score has been on the rise daily and most if not all the farms in my galaxy are negative glory now. I'm reduced to having to joint strike targets much larger than myself because the negative glory farms has caused my resource income to plummet :(

Reaver

Postby Reaver » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:08 am

Honestly i agree with you entirely thank you for making a change and i hope more improvement made by your company will come soon :)

Racer

Postby Racer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:26 pm

I honestly don't think a new server should be opened when the existing servers aren't even near capacity.

Zaychi

Postby Zaychi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:05 am

why you can't see posting time of original message?

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:45 am

Original post was August 1.

Return to “General Discussion”