Repair glitch and fix

Discuss anything about Galaxy At War Online.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Repair glitch and fix

Postby Talizorah » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Hello,

As of the update for the repair system, many inactive accounts became glitched and received very large fleets. This has lead to players growth and PvP score increasing exponentially. Currently the devs are actively working to fix this issue.

So far it seems that these accounts fleets are being returned to normal. I believe it is only affecting their ship count and not their score.

Some players are experiencing an issue where all fleets are returned and a 7-day armistice agreement has been put in place. I believe this is the devs correcting some of the issues, and are granting player a free bubble if they are affected. As of yet, those who have received the bubble have not reported any disappearance of ships, so I believe they are fixing something with the repair system on these accounts.

As I learn more, I will update this post. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to respond here or contact support through in-game mail or by email at support@sphinxjoy.com.

Thanks!
-Tali

Sengorn Leopardae

Re: Repair glitch and fix

Postby Sengorn Leopardae » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:37 am

Players took advantage of these large fleets on small inactive accounts to get many debris in the magnitude of billions. since these fleets were so large, only the larger players were able to gain this debris. As you said, this led to rapid exponential growth, but only among the larger players. This has widened the score gap I've been working very hard to close. Will anything be done to compensate for the extreme disadvantage that players like me are left at? If the server is rolled back to an earlier time, than that would also upset a great many who were able to.take advantage of this glitch.

Talizorah
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Talizorah » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:53 am

Right now it's appearing that a rollback will not happen. All remaining affected accounts have been repaired. As far as player growth, I know some alliances have their big players distributing to the smaller ones who were not able to hit, however, from what I've seen a large number of player took advantage of the situation to practice multi-player joint strikes, and divided the debris among themselves. On the whole, it seems that most players who were not able to take advantage of it were simply offline at the time. It also appears that generally speaking, the leaderboards retained close to the original rank order from before the glitch.

brotherjohn

Postby brotherjohn » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:09 am

Hi

This is not acceptable , as per the game rules exploiting a bug etc is a bannable offence. Therefore not all players participated in this action.

Essentially by not resetting the server they way it was you are punishing the honest players .

Sengorn Leopardae

Postby Sengorn Leopardae » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:25 am

Resetting the server would aso erase my hard work. What if someone has finally pulled off some daring attack that can't be repeated?

Return to “General Discussion”