Cost of dark matter

When reporting a Bug/Issue please specify your In-Game Username for better Troubleshooting. You can also report bugs in the game. Give us your feedback about Galaxy At War Online and ideas for new features.

Moderators: GAW Moderator, Forum Moderator

Silentmonk

Cost of dark matter

Postby Silentmonk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:28 am

The cost of dark matter is completely unrealistic for this game to succeed. 20 dollars to move a planet?? Ogalaxy is 3 dollars and that's a little high. Delvelopers please use clash of clans as a basis for a game that has succeeded in becoming profitable by allowing all player to use in game material to advance there bases. Dark matter should cost about 10 percent of current amounts. Would you rather have 10 players spending 50 dollars a week or 1000 spending 10 dollars a week. The current system only lets very wealthy players use dark matter effectively. Many games have failed by developers overcharging. For the game to succeed you have to have all players purchase dark matter and feel they have equal footing. Or else you are catering to very few players and the majority of player leave the game due to costs being above what they can afford.

Cyrus

Re: Cost of dark matter

Postby Cyrus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:31 pm

I totally agree. I am already not a big spender, but there is no way anyone living in the real world would be able to justify spending that kind of money on any sort of continuing basis. It is unrealistic at best to think any game, no matter how good, could survive with prices like those.

hinduhero

Postby hinduhero » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:09 pm

I also agree. This game is cost prohibitive except for the richest players. Wouldn't you rather make $5 per 1000 players a week versus $50 from 10 players?

I already think that not very many people are spending money on this game, and if DM continues to be so expensive, this trend will continue.

Blacklight

Postby Blacklight » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:15 pm

I do have to agree the prices are slightly high for what you actually get at this stage but, In my experience new games like this charge a high price at first to cover their backs, nothing wrong with that at all. I paid 0.69p for this game and now its free which I'm happy about cus we get more players. They proberly have to reach a certain amount before they can lower the prices, you never know.. I couldn't see them charging this for the games life..

Support Team
OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL

Postby Support Team » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi, all. This is a interesting topic. I have to say cost is a balance thing, whatever DM expensive or cheap but i would like to join the conversation.

We are not trying to mark it with high price and expect charge a lots from "richest player", but also we have to be very careful for the game server environment and game life cycle.

As you said " Ogalaxy is 3 dollars for relocation item", i want to know what was happening in that game? Why many players have quit from the game? Don't you think that developer really killed the game? Can you imagine what will happen if that card only $2? Maybe everyone could buy it, BUT everyone could move their planet to anywhere at anytime they want, move closely to attack someone and move away. It is killing the game.

Maybe that developer has earned a lots from every players, but soon game dead, you leave.

non-pay players could spend more time on the game for resources or work together to take down the "Big Guy", pay users maybe don't have much time to keep online, so they pay for something, but game still balanced.

Also i have to say, even we just pull down the price to 10%, there still most player won't pay.

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:30 pm

The prices for Dark Matter are the same as they were in Galaxy Empire. The planet move ability had its price bumped up, because of players abusing the ability. If the issue is the planet move card, then we should just remove it from being an item of purchase to an item of chance. In other words, make it a rare card you can only get from the lottery.

I see no possibility of the developers changing the amount of Dark Matter one can purchase per so much money spent, seeing as Galaxy Empire had the same standards and did very well, except recently where it was an issue with their support team and staff.

Watson

Postby Watson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:33 pm

I totally agree. The prices are way too high for the average person playing the game. Personal wealth in real life should not have that much influence in a player's power in game. Likewise, I agree that you would probably get more money through Dark Matter sales by adjusting the prices. I don't think that it should be as low as 10% of original costs. I think to match supply and demand, it would be the most beneficiary to reduce costs to 50% to 25% of their original listings. This would allow Dark Matter to be accessible to people of lower wealth, but keep the prices high enough to keep people from being able to spend next to nothing and get everything possible just starting. I was originally going to buy some with the left over iTunes card that I found a couple days back, but when I saw the prices, I decided not to. It basically goes down to the demographics. Think about who (age groups) are playing the game and set your prices accordingly. You could also lower the price of most things like planet skins, resources, etc, and leave things like planet shifters higher so that they still require a lot, but more basic stuff is easier to get. Otherwise, the game is great! :D

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:36 pm

Watson wrote:
> I totally agree. The prices are way too high for the average person playing
> the game. Personal wealth in real life should not have that much influence
> in a player's power in game. Likewise, I agree that you would probably get
> more money through Dark Matter sales by adjusting the prices. I don't think
> that it should be as low as 10% of original costs. I think to match supply
> and demand, it would be the most beneficiary to reduce costs to 50% to 25%
> of their original listings. This would allow Dark Matter to be accessible
> to people of lower wealth, but keep the prices high enough to keep people
> from being able to spend next to nothing and get everything possible just
> starting. I was originally going to buy some with the left over iTunes card
> that I found a couple days back, but when I saw the prices, I decided not
> to. It basically goes down to the demographics. Think about who (age
> groups) are playing the game and set your prices accordingly. You could
> also lower the price of most things like planet skins, resources, etc, and
> leave things like planet shifters higher so that they still require a lot,
> but more basic stuff is easier to get. Otherwise, the game is great! :D

You know, if you make the Dark Matter cheaper to purchase, then those who are rich to begin with, will still have the advantage if not own the server/game completely.

Silentmonk

Postby Silentmonk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:37 pm

It's the cost even to increase your upgrade time. At 5 DM that's .50 cents for 5 minutes of upgrade, cost has to balance results and .50 cent per five minutes nobody is really going to pay..... Ogalaxy is dying because the developers didnt engage the players unless they were Chinese with lots of money. They would sell you fleets for $2000 dollars and not increase your prestige so you were invisible. I'm very sad about ogalaxy because the game was awesome if they would have fixed the bugs and not pulled things to make the players leave. There galaxy screen was the best view of the planets and would love to see that type of view also. You also need to be able to increase your allance members without spending $200.00 dollars on DM for 10 people. Normal gamers cannot afford $200.00 dollars to increase alliance. This game needs to hit a critical mass to keep people playing and that only happens when enough people perceive they are getting value out of the game. The good news is you developers here are listening and actively discussing how to make game better, my hats off to you for that

Watson

Postby Watson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:42 pm

That may be true, but it still opens the market for Dark Matter to people of lower classes and therefor, will turn a greater profit because there are so many more people that aren't rich.

Return to “Bugs and Suggestions”